Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

laydeesnap

nk tanye sikit lah.. when do you mummies start buying maternity bra? I'm only in my 6th week plus and after i remove my bra, rasa lega semacam and i will notice all those marks.. seems like my bra is tight. as this is my first pregnancy, i'm like clueless. a friend told me that it's not good to use those wired bra.
hey diza, congratz on ur pregnancy, im hving my first too..hehe...
actually, as long as u dun feel comfortable using wired bras, u can start wearing maternity bra already.yg penting rasa selesa coz if nt u will nt enjoy ur daily work..

:Dancing_wub:

zaclin29

nk tanye sikit lah.. when do you mummies start buying maternity bra? I'm only in my 6th week plus and after i remove my bra, rasa lega semacam and i will notice all those marks.. seems like my bra is tight. as this is my first pregnancy, i'm like clueless. a friend told me that it's not good to use those wired bra.
I started wearing maternity bra when I was 7 wks cos I also feel tak selesa with my normal bras...

hi mummies...

do you know if there's any malay pantang that we shld not be near beaches or go for beach holiday? Thanks.
I heard diz before coz some ppl believe that the beach is not a good place. Tempat orang buang "barang". Personally, I don't really follow. I've been to the beach a few times during my pregnancy. However I leave before maghrib.

zaclin29

I heard diz before coz some ppl believe that the beach is not a good place. Tempat orang buang "barang". Personally, I don't really follow. I've been to the beach a few times during my pregnancy. However I leave before maghrib.
Thanks RamblingMummy..
Yes, I also will go to the beach for walks and leave before Mahgrib.. But am thinking of going for beach holiday...
So not advisable to go beach holiday lah? Takut-takut jugak nak pergi..

laydeesnap

hi mummies...

do u know if there's any malay pantang that we shld not be near beaches or go for beach holiday? Thanks.
babe, its better be safe than sorry kan..hehe ada sebab kenapa adanya pantang² ni..im nt superstitious myself bt, selalu nye kata² org tua ni ada baik nye...so ikut jek lah =)

zaclin29

babe, its better be safe than sorry kan..hehe ada sebab kenapa adanya pantang² ni..im nt superstitious myself bt, selalu nye kata² org tua ni ada baik nye...so ikut jek lah =)
yah better not eh.. thanks ladies!
Ingat nak pergi Penang or Phuket...
Think will settle for city holiday like KL aje lah.. :)

Ummi

Hi Zaclin29,

hee.. my personal opinion would be.. by maghrib to be back at the hotel... and also avoid boat rides kot? For me, when i was 15 weeks preg.. i went bali.. hee~

now thinking of another place for babymoon~ :)

Sweetoothz

hey ladies.. how is everyone doing? hope all is well.. =))

i went for my appt yest n bb is doing well n she's weighing @ 808g.. =))

seems like i got alot to ask/talk.. hehehe..
ok lemme start of w the makcik2 urut. how do u gals define yang mana is good? i'm having difficulty choosing one. n since i feel like mcm alot of ppl giving birth this year i need to book one already right? but tu lah i dunno which one i nak choose.

2ndly abt the beach thingy. i also not the superstitious type but i think it's better to follow. if anything happen to only me nvm but since we r having our precious one w us prevention is better than cure right? hehehe. that time i ada lah exercise sorang2 jalan kat east coast after maghrib alone bt i keep reciting the ayat kursi along the way..
same goes to like we or hubs cannot go pancing cz nnt old2 ppl say nnt will affect the bb. at first i tot that its just another pantang2 lah until one of my hubs find out that one of his fren is like that. so now we do take what old2 ppl say kinda seriously.

3rdly, for those delivering at Mt A, now they having 20% discount due to the renovation of the carpark or something and GlenE is having 10% discount. so go ask ur clinic n see if you can book ur bed first then can enjoy the disc.. =))

zaclin29

Hi Zaclin29,

hee.. my personal opinion would be.. by maghrib to be back at the hotel... and also avoid boat rides kot? For me, when i was 15 weeks preg.. i went bali.. hee~

now thinking of another place for babymoon~ :)
At first ingat nak buat macam gitu jugak... tapi still rasa macam seram... haha...

Happy babymoon-ing to you....

Bayu

Hi everyone... hope everything is fine with u all mummies..
quite busy at work.. now ngah tenung all da papers and files to be shifted out... tak tau saper bleh tolong nie.. hehe..

zaclin.. going holiday to beaches all seem like a relaxing holiday for us especially those yg pregnant nie.. but seaside or beaches not a good idea.. nak nak we never been there before.. and its ur first baby.. quite fresh.. i went to malacca on my 22 weeks of pregnancy.. since im pregnant we took KTM... senang.. chop passport satu kali jer.. den just enjoy the journey inside the train..
my first pregnancy... i encounter "cik pon" following me after heading back home from changi beach... me n hubby on the bike den suddenly theres this car was following us and den when his car was beside our bike.. he pointed up .. like asking us to look up... i tot its hubby's fren. but den wen hubby check the mirror...he saw something white and he looked up and terkejut of what he saw.. he just asked me to pelok him kuat2 and just look in front.. im not too sure what happened but just follow instruction... after we reach home.. da settle he told me "cik pon"wa just above us following us.. so from tat day onwards.. i dun go to places tat ive never been before or to the beaches.. after maghrib.. and i will go if hubby is around.. you need to bring something oso .. which u put it in ur bag always wen ur outside... i dun believe all this but i just ikut jer lah... and selalu baca ayat kursi if we dun feel good..

zaclin29

quite busy at work.. now ngah tenung all da papers and files to be shifted out... tak tau saper bleh tolong nie.. hehe..

zaclin.. going holiday to beaches all seem like a relaxing holiday for us especially those yg pregnant nie.. but seaside or beaches not a good idea.. nak nak we never been there before.. and its ur first baby.. quite fresh.. i went to malacca on my 22 weeks of pregnancy.. since im pregnant we took KTM... senang.. chop passport satu kali jer.. den just enjoy the journey inside the train..
my first pregnancy... i encounter "cik pon" following me after heading back home from changi beach... me n hubby on the bike den suddenly theres this car was following us and den when his car was beside our bike.. he pointed up .. like asking us to look up... i tot its hubby's fren. but den wen hubby check the mirror...he saw something white and he looked up and terkejut of what he saw.. he just asked me to pelok him kuat2 and just look in front.. im not too sure what happened but just follow instruction... after we reach home.. da settle he told me "cik pon"wa just above us following us.. so from tat day onwards.. i dun go to places tat ive never been before or to the beaches.. after maghrib.. and i will go if hubby is around.. you need to bring something oso .. which u put it in ur bag always wen ur outside... i dun believe all this but i just ikut jer lah... and selalu baca ayat kursi if we dun feel good..
Seram ye mummy bayu!!
Glad that u and baby are ok....
Did u go after mahgrib?

Oh dear. this is scary! Yup I think it's best to stay indoors by maghrib. If not, at least hv someone to accompany us...i ni penakut sikit..hehe

Fadeela

Good afternoon all,

For me Im not the kind yang ikut those pantang2. And believing in the bawak barang to protect us from evil (jin & syaitan) is syirik. For me byk doa when jln tmpt2 yang eerie. Anyway Jin & syaitan is not only available during after magrib but they are everywhere. I was being followed by a thing duringmy #1 pregnancy from a person house which I visited much in the day. And I saw that thing looking at me malam but allah protect me frm anything alhamdullilah. Anyway my working place pun tepi sungai & i everytime balik OT after magrib. byk doa aje lah

As for the maternity bra, I already bought a few pair (some for support & some for standby for breast feeding) as with sore nipples i find them more comforting to wear.

Anyway, any of you mummy breast did not enlarge during pregnancy. I was wondering as mine tak besar pun during pregnancy. Will it affect the milk flow??

Fadeela - my breast also didnt enlarge diz time round. But i attribute it to the fact that I'm still breastfeeding my 2nd child while pregnant. Milk flow not affected by the size of the breast. So don't worry :)

Last edited:

Bayu

thanks zaclin and all.. ... wen we went there.. we never think of anything.. we went there petang so wen its time to go back it is already nite time.. never knew this particular chinese guy can see it.. coz tat time my hubby was not speeding.. well.. my hubby nie really follow the pantang.. but he still go fishing at nite.. every week without fail.. but next week no more already he said.. only this fishing pantang he never follow.. he said.. "tak ingat apa2 tak jadi apa"..

fadeelah.. my breast oso not so big.. quite worried oso coz my first pregnancy it really grows.. hahaha.. so i think wat rambling mummy say is true .. but the nipples grow though.. hahahhaaa..

Fadeela

Fadeela - my breast also didnt enlarge diz time round. But i attribute it to the fact that I'm still breastfeeding my 2nd child while pregnant. Milk flow not affected by the size of the breast. So don't worry :)
Is there anything I can do after & before birth to increase the flow?
And another thing can we lose weight during pregnancy???

laydeesnap

Is there anything I can do after & before birth to increase the flow?
And another thing can we lose weight during pregnancy???
papaya helps to stimulate the milk glands..i regularly hv a slice of papaya..
lagi satu..usually lepas bersalin hospital will gv u fenugreek pills to help to increase the milk produce..
i pun first timer bt i gt to noe this facts frm frens yg baru lepas bersalin ...
i hope i got the facts rite lah..hehe
kalo salah hope ada yg bleh btol kan =)