Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

Fadeela

laydeesnap - I didnt know hospital ade kasi fenugreek pills. I lepas beranak first time. they gave me a few pill & ubat berak but never see any fenugreek pills. Will try to get the original fenugreek see whether its works this time round. Anyway I tak makan papaya.

Bayu

Is there anything I can do after & before birth to increase the flow?
And another thing can we lose weight during pregnancy???
fadeela, mine is simple.. MIl cooked for me soft tofu ..or they call it tahu lembik masak dgn daun kuchai.. it really helps u to increase ur bm.. my mil said even if we never giv3e birth but we want to be ibu susuan.. u will have milk...
to loose weight kan.. im not too sure how.. im oso very fat..bu da last time i pregnant.. after a while u will loose weight by giving breastmilk to baby and the pantang u have to follow... siang not enuf rest.. malam not enuf sleep.. u will loose weight.. and my fren told me to drink 1 big glass of warm water once u wake up.. and as usual.. drink a lot of plain warm water throughout the day.. part yg perut.. i guess binding and stretching will help to slim down the tummy area..

laydeesnap, papaya oso but chinese will cook it with other herbs which i dunno we muslim can consume or not.. they use unripe papaya..

Bayu

i heard a lot of mummies took fenugreek pills.. u can try organic sacred tea or milk tea if im not wrong.. i will try the organic sacred tea first lah.. it really differs to each individual body kan.. the best is to quickly get ur baby to latch on after they are born..

I didnt knw hospitals gv fenugreek pills either. Maybe diff hospitals? Coz i went to kkh. Some ppl say eat oats, others say try the tea. Ive personally tried the organic tea and rebus mata kucing kering n minom air nye(petua mak bidan dulu2). But personally, i tink nothing is better then letting ur baby latch n latch. That increases the milk flow. Dun b discouraged wen u see the milk flow siket especially wen u pump initially coz ur breast needs to get used to the pump. Ur baby wil also tend to drink sikit and fall asleep wen breastfeeding initially. Ur baby is the best pump so latch often.

N finally, as ive experienced b4, dun b disheartened wen ppl say baby tak cukop susu. I had dat a lit. But i persevered. After dat my doter really mamPat...hehe... Surprising all who said my bb tak cukop susu :)

laydeesnap

laydeesnap - I didnt know hospital ade kasi fenugreek pills. I lepas beranak first time. they gave me a few pill & ubat berak but never see any fenugreek pills. Will try to get the original fenugreek see whether its works this time round. Anyway I tak makan papaya.
oh both my frens who gv birth at KK was given the pills..datz hw i gt to noe abt tis..hehe...

Fadeela

oh ya...can i check if at early stage of pregnancy, can we still eat our daily cod liver oil capsules?
i have read in 1 website on cod liver oil, they are good for the baby brain development as it contains DHA. But have to limit the intake to 2 tsp per day only (contain approx. 8,000 to 10,000 IU of vitamin A). Preliminary studies have suggested that women who take more than 10,000 IU of vitamin A per day during pregnancy are at increased risk of having a child with certain birth defects. Until more is known, pregnant women should err on the side of caution, and limit their intake of cod-liver oil.

Suhaidah

Hi everyone... hope everything is fine with u all mummies..
quite busy at work.. now ngah tenung all da papers and files to be shifted out... tak tau saper bleh tolong nie.. hehe..

zaclin.. going holiday to beaches all seem like a relaxing holiday for us especially those yg pregnant nie.. but seaside or beaches not a good idea.. nak nak we never been there before.. and its ur first baby.. quite fresh.. i went to malacca on my 22 weeks of pregnancy.. since im pregnant we took KTM... senang.. chop passport satu kali jer.. den just enjoy the journey inside the train..
my first pregnancy... i encounter "cik pon" following me after heading back home from changi beach... me n hubby on the bike den suddenly theres this car was following us and den when his car was beside our bike.. he pointed up .. like asking us to look up... i tot its hubby's fren. but den wen hubby check the mirror...he saw something white and he looked up and terkejut of what he saw.. he just asked me to pelok him kuat2 and just look in front.. im not too sure what happened but just follow instruction... after we reach home.. da settle he told me "cik pon"wa just above us following us.. so from tat day onwards.. i dun go to places tat ive never been before or to the beaches.. after maghrib.. and i will go if hubby is around.. you need to bring something oso .. which u put it in ur bag always wen ur outside... i dun believe all this but i just ikut jer lah... and selalu baca ayat kursi if we dun feel good..
That's pretty scary. My mum usually doesn't allow me to go mout after maghrib too ALONE but no choice, we working ladies only come home after maghrib. Just have to believe that Allah is there to protect us and our babies insya allah. :)

But your experience is indeed scary. Hamdullila, i havent experienced anything of that sort and insya allah, will not experience anything of that sort too!

themissus

laydeesnap: ​ It's better for you not to take, or at least consult your gynae first, since too much Vitamin A might cause birth defects. If you're looking for the DHA effect for your baby, it's better to take DHA pills. Even then, you must read the ingredients properly coz alot of the DHA pills for kids is not suitable for pregnant ladies coz of the Vitamin A. I'd recommend Neurogain Vegecap; I'm taking that as recommended by the gynae. You can get it at Ntuc Health.

Bayu:​ That's scary! Alhamdulillah I've never encountered such things, though I did have a scary dream one night. Ever since then I make sure I'm indoors waktu maghrib (even if I'm out, I'll wait till maghrib passes to get to the car etc), and when I come home at night, I always baca ayat kurdi and sapu air zamzam on my face before entering the house.

It's been so long since I've dropped by. Hope everyone's doing fine! I'm in week 35, so it's not long now. Skarang baru nak kelsm kabut wash baby clothes and pack hospital bag :p To non-first time mommies, a silly question, but for baby's clothes when returning home, shd it be short sleeved or long? Il be wrapping her up in the blanket, but I dno if babies are gna be cold or hot. My mom says short sleeve pasal nanti takut rimas, but my sis said long sleeved pasal nanti sejuk. Which one??

Themissus- 35wks! So exciting! Soon it wil be time :) for my previous deliveries, i pakaikan baby long-sleeved. Coz pat hospital sejuk n sometimes u hv to wait a long time b4 can go off. Even though i pun wrap the baby wif a blanket, i stil pakaikan long-sleeved sebab the car ride home can also b cold.

ASSalamualaikum Semua...
Im a firSt time mummy t0 be here... n0w at 19weekS.. EDD 2 july... btw, wanna check.. n0rmally brape weekS can feel babyS kickS? aS im in my 19weekS already & bl0m feel it yet.... =(

Suhaidah

ASSalamualaikum Semua...
Im a firSt time mummy t0 be here... n0w at 19weekS.. EDD 2 july... btw, wanna check.. n0rmally brape weekS can feel babyS kickS? aS im in my 19weekS already & bl0m feel it yet.... =(

Hi! Im also a first time mommy and i'm in my 27th week. At 19 weeks i didn't feel anthing also.. only started feeling when i was 20-22 weeks.. now, i can feel him sooooooooooo much. alhamdullila. Don't worry.. since you're a first time mummy, it can be haarder to identify and feel the kicks. Give the baby some time and she will kick u well! :p

Hi! Im also a first time mommy and i'm in my 27th week. At 19 weeks i didn't feel anthing also.. only started feeling when i was 20-22 weeks.. now, i can feel him sooooooooooo much. alhamdullila. Don't worry.. since you're a first time mummy, it can be haarder to identify and feel the kicks. Give the baby some time and she will kick u well! :p
Hi Suhaidah..
ThankS al0t... i riSau mcm nk giler Sey... tak0t ape2 jaD... hehe... w0w !! already 27wkS... g0nna p0p S00n...
Im Sure ur Super excited.... =)

Fadeela

themissus - bring long sleeve, rompers better senang nak pakai. its cold and new born baby might be tak tahan sejuk.

shalynn - Im now in 17 weeks 2nd time mum. Understand yr worries for no movement. Anyway like Suhaidah said only ard 20 plus week baru boleh rasa now yr baby still packing on the fat tissues will be big soon. Now you baby is moving but there is still space in yr womb, u wont notice the kicks, etc. Sometimes it feels like popping bubble in yr tummy if you notice but alot of mother might just take it as gas. You will feel it soon.

Suhaidah

Hi Suhaidah..
ThankS al0t... i riSau mcm nk giler Sey... tak0t ape2 jaD... hehe... w0w !! already 27wkS... g0nna p0p S00n...
Im Sure ur Super excited.... =)

Hahaha. from my limited knowledge of Malay, don't worry too much and yes, i'm exzcited and super nervous also!! Gosh.. scary sia thinking abt the delivery process!!

Ummi

ASSalamualaikum Semua...
Waalaikumsalam! :)

first time mummy here too! i felt during my 17 weeks.. maybe because my skin is thin? hehehe.. but what i did was lie down straight, rub my tummy and engage in a conversation with him~ .. and usually lil prince will kick... ;)

and theres one time i ate famos amos while lying down straight and i could see the lil prince gave a kick which was so visible without me having to put my palm on my tummy~ hee... likelyhood due to sugar rush!! :p

anyway not to worry, im sure urs will start kicking soon! :) and indeed it will be a blessed moment..

Alhamdullilah... i manage t0 feel babyS kickS after the detail Scanning... im S0 happy..
The detail Scanning alS0 when Sm00thly... alhamdullilah my baby iS healthy & active.. im
g0nna have a princeSS S00n...

Hahaha. from my limited knowledge of Malay, don't worry too much and yes, i'm exzcited and super nervous also!! Gosh.. scary sia thinking abt the delivery process!!
Hehehe... D0nt w0rry !! everytink will turn 0ut well... hahaha.. S0 which h0Spital are u g0in??

diza

went to KK in the afternoon coz I was experiencing sharp poking pains on my right side. Alhamdulillah, it's nothing. But I get to see the iil one. And when I heard the heartbeat, I teared. But now, I can't stand the morning sickness. It happens all the time except morning! -_-" My husband kept saying baby dont't like to eat whatever I just puked. dont't know how true. Any tips to stop or reduce morning sickness? I'm trying my best not to let my colleagues know.