Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

laydeesnap

went to KK in the afternoon coz I was experiencing sharp poking pains on my right side. Alhamdulillah, it's nothing. But I get to see the iil one. And when I heard the heartbeat, I teared. But now, I can't stand the morning sickness. It happens all the time except morning! -_-" My husband kept saying baby dont't like to eat whatever I just puked. dont't know how true. Any tips to stop or reduce morning sickness? I'm trying my best not to let my colleagues know.
hey babe..congratz..!! must be such an experience hving to hear the lil heartbeat..ive yet to get to hear mine..
as for the morning sickness...no actual remedy lah sad to say..bt i usually hv a bottle of h2o..the isotonic helps to reduce the nausea..
hv more comfort food like soups..coz for me..i cant stand fried or any lauk yg bertumis...i avoided such food alhamdullillah i dun puke much..

& if ure feeling really very mual...grab ginger snaps or hv ginger tea..ginger is gd to help to reduce the mual oso..

all the best for the rest of ur pregnancy ok..take gd care of urself...

went to KK in the afternoon coz I was experiencing sharp poking pains on my right side. Alhamdulillah, it's nothing. But I get to see the iil one. And when I heard the heartbeat, I teared. But now, I can't stand the morning sickness. It happens all the time except morning! -_-" My husband kept saying baby dont't like to eat whatever I just puked. dont't know how true. Any tips to stop or reduce morning sickness? I'm trying my best not to let my colleagues know.
I've seen some mummies smelling orange peels to reduce the nauseated feeling. For me, nothing worked. So I juz bear with it. But alhamdulillah mine was not too bad.

Ya, morning sickness can happen anytime of the day and sometimes out of the blue.

You take care of yourself. My colleague had really bad morning sickness. In the end she had to be given medical leave for her first trimester as she could not take in food at all.

congrats to you!! hearing your lil one's heartbeat is really joyful and quite overwhelming, right? :)

anyway, morning sickness is usually the result of increased hormones which is good because those hormones will support your pregnancy. so you should take it as a good sign, ok? i had morning sickness too but mine started later during my second trimester. i find that dry biscuits or dry toast helps. also, i always had minyak kapak on standby to rub on my nose because i found the smell comforting when i start feeling mabuk. a lot of rest and sleep is also good. and up till today, i still standby plastic bags in my bags wherever i go because morning sickness can really happen anytime! i once puked 5x to 6x in the middle of the night!

oh ya...can i check if at early stage of pregnancy, can we still eat our daily cod liver oil capsules?
check with your gynae, dear. mine recommended that i take folic acid in my first trimester. everyday my hubby will hand me the folic acid pill and make sure i swallow it properly before he's satisfied cos i ni jenis yang penakut makan ubat. haha! when i started my second trimester, my gynae started prescribing prenatal vitamins and DHA pills. i personally don't dare to take supplements anyhow because overdose of some vitamins or minerals may affect the baby. your gynae is the best person to check with. :)

diza

thx laydeesnap, RamblingMummy and wondershine for the replies.. i think i will keep a bottle of axe oil in my bag, just in case. how i wish i cud have medical leave or even hopitalisation leave during 1st trimester...

check with your gynae, dear. mine recommended that i take folic acid in my first trimester. everyday my hubby will hand me the folic acid pill and make sure i swallow it properly before he's satisfied cos i ni jenis yang penakut makan ubat. haha! when i started my second trimester, my gynae started prescribing prenatal vitamins and DHA pills. i personally don't dare to take supplements anyhow because overdose of some vitamins or minerals may affect the baby. your gynae is the best person to check with. :)
I laughed when i read ur message coz ur hubby and mine perangai sama.. or shud I say we both behave the same way towards medicine. i mmg jenis tak suka and takut makan ubat, especially the liquid ones... yucks!

Same here! :) whens ur edd? Who is gynae btw? :)
My edd iS 2 july 2012... gynae will be Dr Hii fr0m Hii w0manS clinic...
TaP im thinking 0f Switching t0 Lawrence Ang.. c0z Dr Hii delivery package quite pricey la...
TaP bl0m c0nfirm lagi.. c0z dh c0mf0rtable..

Last edited:

Ummi

My edd iS 2 july 2012... gynae will be Dr Hii fr0m Hii w0manS clinic...
TaP im thinking 0f Switching t0 Lawrence Ang.. c0z Dr Hii delivery package quite pricey la...
TaP bl0m c0nfirm lagi.. c0z dh c0mf0rtable..
icic.. :) ive yet to check out how much will be mine though.. heh~ btw im taking Dr Joycelyn Wong from ACJ clinic.. :) EDD will be 15 June... near to urs too..

mosqeetoh

salaam mummies, it's been sometime since i posted! Hope everyone and their buns are doing well! :D

I'm now into week 31, 9 more weeks to go ladies!!! mcm tak sabar also have, but keep reminding myself to go with the flow of daily life and not think too much abt what will happen hehehe...

partially prepared my hospital bag, i'm normally a last min person but this time i surprised myself with anxiety i guess! lol

i heard there's a baby fair at expo this weekend and next weekend as well, anyone going? i need a playpen and a bathtub, thats all. planning to shop later on after birth when baby is 1-2 mths.... right now just buy basics. Any suggestions for a durable and afordable playpen?

salaam mummies, it's been sometime since i posted! Hope everyone and their buns are doing well! :D

I'm now into week 31, 9 more weeks to go ladies!!! mcm tak sabar also have, but keep reminding myself to go with the flow of daily life and not think too much abt what will happen hehehe...

partially prepared my hospital bag, i'm normally a last min person but this time i surprised myself with anxiety i guess! lol

i heard there's a baby fair at expo this weekend and next weekend as well, anyone going? i need a playpen and a bathtub, thats all. planning to shop later on after birth when baby is 1-2 mths.... right now just buy basics. Any suggestions for a durable and afordable playpen?
hey we're at around the same stage in our pregnancy.. high 5! but you seem more prepared than me.. i have not packed m hospital bag yet (i will only start at 35 weeks i think! hehehehehe) plus i have yet to buy lots of things for my lil one.. i need to buy a bath tub, baby cot & bedding, sterilizer, towels, wet wipes, baby laundry wash, my breast pump, etc, etc. super unprepared!

anyway, kalau u nak carik playpen, try kiddy palace. i've seen affordable ones with nice designs. for myself i'm going to buy a cot instead of playpen cos i want something that can be used longer, cos cots kan boleh convert to toddler bed next time. :)

mosqeetoh

wondershine, i'm not really fully prepared cuz apparently i totally missed out baby toiletries until u mentioned hahah. Also waiting for another month before washing baby clothes and stuff.... right now like too early. Just being kiasu i guess, cuz my hubby is the type who dun bother abt these details so i have to look into it while i'm still okay!

thanks for the info, will check out kiddypalace! my first son i had a cot which he keeps bumping his head into and getting his legs stuck even with the protector lolz... so now I'm going for playpen. lets see how different it will be!

Bayu

Hi Wondershine and mosqeetoh,

im too excited wen i read ur reply.. heheh.. im in 30 weeks also.. and ive written everything tat i want.. cuma.. half of it i haven't discuss it wif hubby.. u've reminded me to wash all my 1st baby clothes.. hahah... pening sekali coz im getting pretty tired everyday now.. i'll be going for the baby expo on the 26th this month. me too getting a cot for my newborn coz da first one sleeps with me and sometimes on the daybed.. now dah ada abang.. takut he will poke baby eyes or cannot control his geram.. so decidid on a cot .. senang for my MIL to handle baby oso... im still trying to figure out wat to buy 1st...

hospital bag have not prepared.. i will do it next month.. and ive already prepare a list for hubby to do once im in the labor wad.. so dier tak kelam kabut.. hehehe.. ive decided to c-sect and already told the gynae when i'll be doing it... they said need to do it at least 1 week before due date.. i'll due on the 25th april.. hubby like it wen ive prepared everything for him to do so he won't be panic... hubby has 2 daughters from his previous marriage.. all dah besar sec 2 and 3.. and staying with us.. they too are very2 excited for their lil bro to arrive.. can't wait for him to arrive to add in to our big family... hehehe..

themissus

Hi wondershine, mosqeetoh & bayu! So exciting to think we're already in the last stretch; I'm in week 35, and even then my hospital bag's not fully packed yet. In fact I still haven't finished washing the baby clothes (hopefully one last batch left), and haven't purchased things like diapers, baby cot bedding, sling and bottle steriliser.

Mosqeetoh: I'm using a playpen also; my bro bought for me from Kiddy Palace. The brand is Latido, and I think it's not so expensive. Try looking at the larger outlets for more choices. I'll also be going for the baby fair on 26th to get steriliser and any lastmin stuff I might've forgotten.

Bayu: You sound very prepared! I'm still not prepared mentally, and given the weight of my baby (2.9kg at 35wks), gynae said we might not even wait till 40wks, so it's coming pretty soon, and im still asking the doc what contractions feel like, how will i know when to leave for the hospital, or if it's just latent labour, and what if i cnt get the baby to latch properly. Urgh! And worse is when i ask ppl, they'll just say 'oh you'll know when it happens... or, don't worry, your maternal instincts will just kick in..." Okay I sound like I'm freaking out already. Haha, sorry for the rant!

mosqeetoh

Bayu and wondershine, looks like all three of us delivering arnd the same time at the same hosp! kkh rite? :D

my due date 17th april.

inshaAllah, may everything go smoothly for everyone and yeah all the excited siblings and family members will share our joys soon! ameeeeeeen

mosqeetoh

themissus, 5 more weeks to go!! feeling anxious for u hehehe and no worries its ok to freak out and to rant. we preggy ladies are excused :p :p

from my first child experience, i find that it's good to read up on stuff like breastfeeding and labour cuz these information can be helpful when the time comes. at least we wont feel so blur!
my first child i immediately informed the nurse when my mucus plug came off (discharge with blood) in the end had to wait and wait for 16 hrs till i gave birth! i think it's better to wait it out till water bag burst :D unless ur worried abt baby, then no choice must spend longer time in labour ward la.

any idea which are the larger kiddy palace outlets? nearest one for me is compasspoint.

Bayu

themissus, this week there's 1 baby fair at spore expo also.. but not sure if the fair is worth to shop for... ppl say its better to walk more for easy labor.. heheheh.. but not for me for my first one.. i think im too panicky da last time.. too excited.. hahha.. ok i admit.. im the kanchiong woman in the family..hahahhaa... and tats y i need to prepare.. so i can be in relax mode later...

wondershine and mosqeetoh, we same2.. can't wait..insha Allah, everything will be alrite till da baby arrives.. im going to deliver at KKH oso.. hehehe.. and after this we will be very very busy... yup.. very true.. for first time mummies, they need to read up so they can at least be prepared.

hi mosqeetoh, bayu and themissus, yup there's two baby fairs coming up (one this weekend and another next weekend) for us to do some last-minute shopping.

mosqeetoh: i'm not sure which kiddy palace outlets are bigger. i've seen catalogues of baby furniture at kiddy palace in parkway though. maybe you can try asking the compasspoint outlet if they have a catalogue to show you?

bayu: yes, i'm delivering at kkh too, cuma belum book my bed. have you booked and paid the deposit for yours? any reason why you're opting for c-sect? i have not spoken to my gynae about my delivery plans. a bit worried now. the only thing my gynae mentioned was that i might deliver earlier than my EDD given my job. heheheh.

themissus: my baby was 1.5kg at 28 weeks and im anxious to know his weight now! will be seeing my gynae in two weeks so i'll update again.

insya-Allah everything will go well for us. hang in there everyone! :)