Any malay/muslim mummies ard???

zaclin29

~mosqeetoh - i remember seeing a documentary on suria or TV1 whr the urut lady will use kain to balut the perut during pregnancy.. im actually just planning way way ahead.. belum lagi ngandung pun.. juz wanna keep an eye out so i dun kalang kabut later. pregger brain & all..

~zaclin29 - i will contact u nxt mth.. ovulating on tues so gonna try 1st.. will noe by apr.. kalau tak jadi then i PM you.. :)
no problem...
fyi, the urut have to be done within the first 2-4 days of menses... thats where the womb is "soft" according to the urut lady...

AsSalamualaikum..
Hi all.. diSregard my previ0uS p0St... typ0 err0r... i nk check.. any 0f u dh pernah buat 3D Scanning?? N0rmally brape weekS dh le check ehk??

Sweetoothz

AsSalamualaikum..
Hi all.. diSregard my previ0uS p0St... typ0 err0r... i nk check.. any 0f u dh pernah buat 3D Scanning?? N0rmally brape weekS dh le check ehk??
Hi, i got ask b4 but tak ingat lah when is the best time to do the 3d scan but all i remember was to do it b4 u reach 30 weeks. i pulak terlepas the chance. haiz..

mosqeetoh

Hi, i got ask b4 but tak ingat lah when is the best time to do the 3d scan but all i remember was to do it b4 u reach 30 weeks. i pulak terlepas the chance. haiz..
never did the 3d scan before but i heard it shud be done earlier as after 30 weeks there's not much space in the womb to have a proper "look" at everything :D

mosqeetoh

Do u ladies take things like chicken essence or other tonics after delivery? How soon can we consume such tonics?

I'm worried abt being too frail as I'm anaemic and tend to get palpitations when I'm too tired. And after delivery definitely gonna be really tiring cuz have to care for newborn round the clock while my body is not in the best of health.

Pls share what do u ladies practice to regain the strength right after delivery!

Sweetoothz

Do u ladies take things like chicken essence or other tonics after delivery? How soon can we consume such tonics?

I'm worried abt being too frail as I'm anaemic and tend to get palpitations when I'm too tired. And after delivery definitely gonna be really tiring cuz have to care for newborn round the clock while my body is not in the best of health.

Pls share what do u ladies practice to regain the strength right after delivery!

for all i can remember, my nenek will boil ubat periuk for the new mums to drink. i have no idea whats in it bt according to my aunt, mom and SIL, it tasted tak sedap accompanied w a super strong smell and they always have something in hand like sweets or asam asin after gulping the whole glass down. that drink is apparently good for the body.

guess its my turn next n there's no escaping from it! *yikes*

Fadeela

Hi Mosqeetoh,

you wont able to regain strength right after delivery. Needs a lot of rest. especially take the opportunity when yr newborn is asleep in the day. You you have help during yr confinement is better. as for the tonic usually makcik urut will recommend utk pukul angin, etc.

Fadeela

salam ladies..

im not preg yet but trying.. nak tanya.. did any of u engage traditional urut lady? for before & aft preg? how much and what does she do?

ps. im not muslim
Hi Lateehs,

after my marriage, i didnt get pregnant for the 1st 7 months. I follow a healthy lifestyle, exercise & i took multi vitamins. But before I conceive I did went to Batam to get a massage from a experience "mak bidan" when she position my womb properly. my womb was too high. And I got pregnant after that. I think this sengkak thingy is essential too. You can try.

Sweetoothz

Hell0... h0w r u??? Senyap jek thread nie...
tired tired tired.... nari baru tuesday i feel like its thursday already. the penat-ness is crazy! feels like taking the day off je tmr.. hehehhe

oh i've been experiencing like menses cramp like that. but not all the time bt at least once everyday. rasa mcm nak g toilet but no urge to poo poo. any of u gals have this as well? n dont u think it's a little too early to be feeling those?

how is everyone doing?? =))

Last edited:

Fadeela

Hello All,

Everyone seems pretty busy, this thread is very quiet nowadays. How are you ladies doing.... I just went for my detailed scan yesterday, baby is doing fine healthy & very very active inside. took them almost 1 hour plus to check on my baby as it was moving non stop. Anyway im getting a prince this time..

Sweethotz - Some times when the time comes nearer cramping can start earlier but its due to the dilating of our cervix. so no need to be alarm. I once have this cramping which last from 9 pm till 2am on & off but after that it went off false alarm.

mosqeetoh

salaam mummies, yeah been very quiet here lately.... everyone's busy AND tired! :D

Sweetoothz - yeah like fadeela said the cramping can start early, and ur already over 30 weeks anyways so dun be alarmed unless there's bloody discharge. I think ur experiencing braxton hicks.

fadeela - congratz on the prince! seems to me more mummies are having princes than princesses this year. hmmm must be the dragon year heheh

i have 4 weeks to go now, been rearranging the house! I know i sound like some freak who need to get everything in order before i give birth but it's now or never! once the baby is here, no time to attend to the house!!

started washing baby stuff tdy, rainy weather so washing batch by batch to let it dry.

i havent had any braxton hicks/menses cramps or any of those uncomfortable pain.... just feel the tummy really hardening up every now and then. I think i can feel my piles coming on, quite uncomfortable. i try to eat fruits and drink more water and bowels seem alright but i guess must be baby pushing down and adding pressure down there!

Fadeela

salaam mummies, yeah been very quiet here lately.... everyone's busy AND tired! :D

Sweetoothz - yeah like fadeela said the cramping can start early, and ur already over 30 weeks anyways so dun be alarmed unless there's bloody discharge. I think ur experiencing braxton hicks.

fadeela - congratz on the prince! seems to me more mummies are having princes than princesses this year. hmmm must be the dragon year heheh

i have 4 weeks to go now, been rearranging the house! I know i sound like some freak who need to get everything in order before i give birth but it's now or never! once the baby is here, no time to attend to the house!!

started washing baby stuff tdy, rainy weather so washing batch by batch to let it dry.

i havent had any braxton hicks/menses cramps or any of those uncomfortable pain.... just feel the tummy really hardening up every now and then. I think i can feel my piles coming on, quite uncomfortable. i try to eat fruits and drink more water and bowels seem alright but i guess must be baby pushing down and adding pressure down there!
Must have been very tiring for you to be doing it by yourself. And moreover yr baby is coming soon... Take it easy dear dont over stress yrself. Must be really excited for you.... left a few more week only yah.

Did you have all your thing ready????

mosqeetoh

Yes Fadeela, super tiring! but it has to be done, and i get hubby's cousin or my nieces to help me out on the heavy stuff so still thankful to have some support there! :D

I'm 90% ready i think, left with completing my hospital bag and I'm gd to go! very the nervous and anxious abt what will really happen when I really give birth finally! Hubby is out of town next 3 days, i pray nothin happens before he's back hehhehe..

and yah i started feeling menses cramps and loose bowels after my last post. appt with my gynea this monday afternoon, let's see what she has to say.

how are the rest of the mummies doing??!!

Ummi

Yes Fadeela, super tiring! but it has to be done, and i get hubby's cousin or my nieces to help me out on the heavy stuff so still thankful to have some support there! :D

I'm 90% ready i think, left with completing my hospital bag and I'm gd to go! very the nervous and anxious abt what will really happen when I really give birth finally! Hubby is out of town next 3 days, i pray nothin happens before he's back hehhehe..

and yah i started feeling menses cramps and loose bowels after my last post. appt with my gynea this monday afternoon, let's see what she has to say.

how are the rest of the mummies doing??!!
Assalamualaikum,

:) its sooo exciting to hear all gearing up for labour!! May Allah ease labour for you lovely mommies to be! :) amin ya rabb!
Finally, my last trim starts today...which means.. 12 weeks to go! hee~ pretty excited.
baby boy has been active these days.. super loving his movements.. cant wait to "romos" him hahahaha...

anyway anyone suffering from sweeling foot? im suffering it now. More like lebam gtu.. on my right foot.. so ouch2 nak jln..any home remedies you ladies know?

mszila

Hi all Mummies!

Came across this thread. Hope you dont mind me joining :)
Anyway, any mummies due in April 2012? Im at the final stretch already & feeling so uncomfortable..
Any suggestions to induce labour?

Ummi- For swollen feet, try to elevate your feet during sleeptime..stack up pillows and out your feet up, you will feel great relief. Another method I tried was to soak them in a pail of warm water..syiokness! :)

mosqeetoh

wsalam Ummi, inshaAllah may all of us have a safe delivery!! :D

walking and standing a lot during the last trimester does cause the swelling feet, I havent got any swellings yet but i think might have soon! mszila's remedies sound great, shall try the warm water soak heheh

welcome mszila, I'm due in 3-4 week's time. edd 17 april. i'm waiting for labor to happen naturally! i guess staying active shld help. waiting game now for us ya! take it easy, i feel u! the discomfort of being stretched and bloated can really get to us!

Hey mummies,

I haven't been logging in for quite some time. Feeling so tired nowadays. At 33weeks. I'll be taking my maternity leave from 36 weeks onwards. My boss allows me to break my leave so bila kira-kira, worth it to take maternity leave earlier. Thereafter, I'll be taking no-leave till the end of the year.

I'm so tired nowadays and falling sick. I think it's coz I can't sleep at night. Having loose bowels too, frequent trips to the toilets...

diza

I'm reaching the end of my first tri and alhamdulillah, seems like my MS is going away slowly.... And my appetite seems to be back! But now, I have a new companion... sakit kepala.. It's bearable but kinda irritating. And once I felt super weak as if I can juz pass out anytime. After drinking sweet drinks, I felt sooo much better. Can't wait for next appt end of next mth..

Anyway, I want to hear some feedback frm all of u. A Chinese friend of mine wants to give some baby pdts like baby cots and cloth diapers... Some of these are brand new items, gifts frm her friends. Since she has two of those items, she's giving it to me. Some are used items. If you're in my situation, would you receive used items like clothes or blankets frm a non-Muslim friend?