Any MTB with Group B Strep (GBS)?

sugarcookie

Hi all Mummies & MTBs,

My OBS took a vaginal swab from me recently and it turns out I have GBS. She assured me that as long as antibiotics are fed intravenously into me during labour, my baby will be fine. However, after reading up on GBS, I'm terrified! The possible effects on a newborn are devastating!

Have any of you been diagnosed with GBS??

CanCanMum

yes babe, i was or had been....

i was not able to clear the infection before i delivered....and i was given a letter upon my discharge, saying tat i am Group B Strep carrier....and to monitor my boy in case he has serious reflux problem or diarrhoea...but he was not infected.......but he has high jaundice.....

best to clear it before u deliver.....they gave u an insert right? 5 days?

welcome home to singapore...u tried tat TuTu kosong????

sugarcookie

yes babe, i was or had been....

i was not able to clear the infection before i delivered....and i was given a letter upon my discharge, saying tat i am Group B Strep carrier....and to monitor my boy in case he has serious reflux problem or diarrhoea...but he was not infected.......but he has high jaundice.....

best to clear it before u deliver.....they gave u an insert right? 5 days?

welcome home to singapore...u tried tat TuTu kosong????
I was given oral antibiotics but my OBS told me Group B Strep comes and goes. So even if it clears up now, it may return again later... :(

Yes, I'm back in SG!!! Really happy to be back!! :tlaugh: Have not had my tutu kosong yet but will later this week! :Dancing_wub:

CanCanMum

yeah baby, u r rite.....but even if it comes and goes its ok, as long as when u r giving birth tat time near EDD better have it cleared up....coz bb goes thru the birth canal mah....got some risk factors.

lols....den next week i go there @@ again for u lor....incase u come all the way den dun hab.....oh i mean the tu tu kueh...lols.....

arn0432

Alpha Male
Hi all Mummies & MTBs,

My OBS took a vaginal swab from me recently and it turns out I have GBS. She assured me that as long as antibiotics are fed intravenously into me during labour, my baby will be fine. However, after reading up on GBS, I'm terrified! The possible effects on a newborn are devastating!

Have any of you been diagnosed with GBS??
hi sugarcookie..i had GBS also n was scare after i read d effect it gonna hav on my baby..mine worst i'm allergic to some antibiotics. but so far can eat amoxycilin n was given 2 mths b4 give birth n was given during labour time..n now thank god baby alright

jojoki

how u guys know u have GBS? any symptoms? i asked my gyane if i will be tested on bstrep and he say its not routine.. unless i want. May i know how its done and how much is the test? pls advise.. cheers

CanCanMum

the test is foc...coz the gynae discovered while checking for any cervical dilation for me....when i was 38 weeks....he put whole hand inside~LOLs....

CanCanMum

symptoms are almost nonexistent lor.....beside feeling some itch and more vagina discharge (yellowish/greenish) none other funny feelings le.

jojoki

aiyo sound very scary.. i asked my gyane he say no need to do unless i want dunno wanna do or not...

jojoki

excited?? actually not... apprehensive? yes!!! and i'm very good at worrying...complications la, breastfeeding dunno can or not, pain or not, epidural dunno take or not.... episiotomy very scared la.... bb dunno ok or not.... n.. time is really crawling by... so sian...... but on another hand i kind of will miss having baby in me.. so i try to cherish watever days left to her coming out.. i love the feeling of being pregnant actually... despite the worries n challenges at work n in family.

CanCanMum

yeah i agree with u...even now sometimes i will carry my boy the baby way....sort of miss the times when he was a baby....hahahha....

sugarcookie

hi sugarcookie..i had GBS also n was scare after i read d effect it gonna hav on my baby..mine worst i'm allergic to some antibiotics. but so far can eat amoxycilin n was given 2 mths b4 give birth n was given during labour time..n now thank god baby alright
That's really reassuring! Thanks! But I just can't help feeling frightened reading about GBS...

sugarcookie

excited?? actually not... apprehensive? yes!!! and i'm very good at worrying...complications la, breastfeeding dunno can or not, pain or not, epidural dunno take or not.... episiotomy very scared la.... bb dunno ok or not.... n.. time is really crawling by... so sian......
I'm just like you! I'm a real worrier! I've been worrying about all sorts of things since I found out I'm pregnant!