Any mummies intend to furthur studies after birth?

anabella

Actually I was studying part time plus working. Den got pregnant. Still studying, working. Gave birth to twins, now on maternity. Doing my last semester. The babies being so cute and all, are really a distraction. Especially when u want to study, then they smile at u, den u don't feel like studying. Hahaha. But I advise u to study. Better future for babies mah.

Actually I was studying part time plus working. Den got pregnant. Still studying, working. Gave birth to twins, now on maternity. Doing my last semester. The babies being so cute and all, are really a distraction. Especially when u want to study, then they smile at u, den u don't feel like studying. Hahaha. But I advise u to study. Better future for babies mah.
thats wat i thought too! i wana obtain a degree at least, so that my kids will have a more comfy life next time... actually wanted to study last yr de. but... shotgun ... so give birth. it delay my plan of pursuing my degree... after give birth intend to start studying. den m i pregnant again with my second one. =( so me n hubby discuss to give birth once n for all..
now my concern is ... i really wana study... but i duno whether i can handle anot. both my bb still so young...=( btw wat course you studying?

anabella

I was taking my degree for nursing. Wad u intend to study. As long as hubby supports the idea and he helps out with the kids, it shud be ok. If u keep procrastinating. It will never happen. I really force myself and drag myself to sch wen I was so pregnant. Now I'm completing. Thank god.

I was taking my degree for nursing. Wad u intend to study. As long as hubby supports the idea and he helps out with the kids, it shud be ok. If u keep procrastinating. It will never happen. I really force myself and drag myself to sch wen I was so pregnant. Now I'm completing. Thank god.
i see, i wanted to take up either marketing or business studies. yup u r right i just have to force n drag myself to sch...=)

Are u going to study full time or part time?
part time. my 2nd bb arriving this coming sept. age gap between the 1st n the second is 13 months. currently my mil is helping me with my girl when i was at work. my hdb flat will be ready by yr end.. I really wana study. but duno whether i can handle anot.

shiyi

thats wat i m afraid of. kids so young they need our attention... we needa work, n study.. i duno i capable of doing that anot...
yup.. i dont want to neglect my girl. so im not going to study :( imagine when u reach home ur baby is slping.

yup.. i dont want to neglect my girl. so im not going to study :( imagine when u reach home ur baby is slping.
thats why have to think carefully wat a person really wan lo... to bond n take really good care of the children or to earn more money for the children.

Edwinie

where do you intend to study? which education provider? which university will the qualification be from? this is really impt as you might be wasting your time if companies don't recognise it. so must check this part out first before you can take the next step! (my hubby got bad experience with MDIS.)

you can take into consideration how often are the lessons. is it 5 days a week? if it is, it can get really really tired and your children won't be able to see you for 5 days straight! is there option for it to be lesser frequency? compare the schedule with different providers and institutions.

you can check whether is there an option to take a semester break, the penalties, the amount of disruption to the course flow, etc etc. this is impt in case you need to spend time with your family or your work or just to take a breather in the middle of your course.

you can check whether you can spread out the modules over longer period of time. of course, lesser modules per term means longer to graduate, but gives you more time with your family per week.

don't forget to include time for revision. i recommend setting aside at least 2 hours on weekends since weekdays would either have lessons or work, which would make you tired and you would rather spend time with your child.

work and study is never easy. with 2 children, it will be really tough. if i am put through this, i'll feel guilty not spending enough time. but i always believe, work first, enjoy later. there is still a long way to enjoy the fruits of your labor for the next 20-40 years and on with your children! so go ahead with a piece of mind with the support of your family!

i am studying business and finance right now (full time). my hubby studied marketing at MDIS. feel free to pm me if you need any advice!

where do you intend to study? which education provider? which university will the qualification be from? this is really impt as you might be wasting your time if companies don't recognise it. so must check this part out first before you can take the next step! (my hubby got bad experience with MDIS.)

you can take into consideration how often are the lessons. is it 5 days a week? if it is, it can get really really tired and your children won't be able to see you for 5 days straight! is there option for it to be lesser frequency? compare the schedule with different providers and institutions.

you can check whether is there an option to take a semester break, the penalties, the amount of disruption to the course flow, etc etc. this is impt in case you need to spend time with your family or your work or just to take a breather in the middle of your course.

you can check whether you can spread out the modules over longer period of time. of course, lesser modules per term means longer to graduate, but gives you more time with your family per week.

don't forget to include time for revision. i recommend setting aside at least 2 hours on weekends since weekdays would either have lessons or work, which would make you tired and you would rather spend time with your child.

work and study is never easy. with 2 children, it will be really tough. if i am put through this, i'll feel guilty not spending enough time. but i always believe, work first, enjoy later. there is still a long way to enjoy the fruits of your labor for the next 20-40 years and on with your children! so go ahead with a piece of mind with the support of your family!

i am studying business and finance right now (full time). my hubby studied marketing at MDIS. feel free to pm me if you need any advice!
Thanks alot edwinie.=) how many kids u have and where are u studying now? i intend to take up degree courses in either marketing or business studies in RMIT part time. i ever tot of full time but i got my own hdb now... cpf is really impt to me... have to work..

yes i will feel guilty for my lil kids.. but i wan the best for them to. as in, if i got higher qualification, pay will be higher. n with this. i will b able to give my kids better live... (not that my hubby cant provide, jus i wana help ease his burden too.) with 2 kids at a young age is not easy .. so in financially wise.

the concern now is i m afraid i cant juggle between work lessons kids and doing housechores. i wana do well in studies as well as family n work. yup... dun wana waste money in studies end up cannot cope.*fail and then have to drop out.

thanks alot for your advise.! it helps alot..=)