Any mummies intend to furthur studies after birth?

Edwinie

Thanks alot edwinie.=) how many kids u have and where are u studying now? i intend to take up degree courses in either marketing or business studies in RMIT part time. i ever tot of full time but i got my own hdb now... cpf is really impt to me... have to work..

yes i will feel guilty for my lil kids.. but i wan the best for them to. as in, if i got higher qualification, pay will be higher. n with this. i will b able to give my kids better live... (not that my hubby cant provide, jus i wana help ease his burden too.) with 2 kids at a young age is not easy .. so in financially wise.

the concern now is i m afraid i cant juggle between work lessons kids and doing housechores. i wana do well in studies as well as family n work. yup... dun wana waste money in studies end up cannot cope.*fail and then have to drop out.

thanks alot for your advise.! it helps alot..=)
okie! RMIT is recognised. =)

i got 1 kid and studying at SMU. i prefer studying full time than working. i can choose my timetable and have time to spend with my son! if need to work and study at the same time, i think i cannot make it.

would the degree be relevant to your career? i know marketing has lots and lots of theories and writing during exams! that is a hell lot of memorising.. confirm cannot procrastinate and hug buddha's leg just before the exams. i think it's 100% exam right? remember to look out for flexibility in your course schedule!

my cousin has 2 kids. she took ACCA. she took 5 years to complete. if you pass every module and take maximum module per semester, you can complete in 2.5 years (but i heard the average is 3 yrs). she failed many times. but ACCA is such that the lessons are not 5 days a week and you can choose which timing you like at different providers. although she took longer than normal, she still managed to complete it. sometimes, she took 1-2 modules to have more time for family. after that, she went on to take CPA and passed the exam (she is 32 now). i really don't know how she cope with work, study and family. she is not the study kind too. i think it's the motivation to provide more for the family that pushes her. it is possible and it has been done before.

Go ahead!! most imptly, the caregivers of your children can give you a piece of mind. when i go school or go to work (internship), i do not have to worry about my son as my mother-in-law takes care of him better than i do! so this is really impt. then you can fully concentrate in your lessons and study. plus i think you would need lots of coffee during classes!

okie! RMIT is recognised. =)

i got 1 kid and studying at SMU. i prefer studying full time than working. i can choose my timetable and have time to spend with my son! if need to work and study at the same time, i think i cannot make it.

would the degree be relevant to your career? i know marketing has lots and lots of theories and writing during exams! that is a hell lot of memorising.. confirm cannot procrastinate and hug buddha's leg just before the exams. i think it's 100% exam right? remember to look out for flexibility in your course schedule!

my cousin has 2 kids. she took ACCA. she took 5 years to complete. if you pass every module and take maximum module per semester, you can complete in 2.5 years (but i heard the average is 3 yrs). she failed many times. but ACCA is such that the lessons are not 5 days a week and you can choose which timing you like at different providers. although she took longer than normal, she still managed to complete it. sometimes, she took 1-2 modules to have more time for family. after that, she went on to take CPA and passed the exam (she is 32 now). i really don't know how she cope with work, study and family. she is not the study kind too. i think it's the motivation to provide more for the family that pushes her. it is possible and it has been done before.

Go ahead!! most imptly, the caregivers of your children can give you a piece of mind. when i go school or go to work (internship), i do not have to worry about my son as my mother-in-law takes care of him better than i do! so this is really impt. then you can fully concentrate in your lessons and study. plus i think you would need lots of coffee during classes!
yeah, but dun u scare ur dear son doesn't stick to u... or shld i say.. stick to ur mil more? is this ur concern?

Edwinie

yeah, but dun u scare ur dear son doesn't stick to u... or shld i say.. stick to ur mil more? is this ur concern?
it's not my concern. i already acknowledge the fact that he will stick to grandma more and not be upset over it. it's inevitable since he will spend more time with her than with me throughout the week. in fact, i'll be happy that he sticks to his grandma! my grandma has a very good personality (patient, loving, kind, generous), qualities which i don't have. hope he can learn from her! her chinese is good also, can teach my son chinese so he won't be gan dang. i don't see any reason to be concern.

when i was young, my parents work. i was cared by my neighbour who babysit me. i called her 'auntie mummy'. there was once i got so close to her, i simply called her 'mummy'. hm... i didn't wonder how my mum feel though. and after my neighbor shifted away, my grandma was closest to me and i always stick to her instead. maybe because of this experience, i don't see my son sticking to my mil as a concern.

work full time or work-and-study, outcome will be the same. it's unpreventable. so must cherish weekends more and spend with my son.

right now i'm doing my internship. i got a taste how it will be like after i graduate. i come home 7 plus. i need sleep at 11pm. minus 1 hour for me to settle down. that leaves me with less than 3 hours per night to spend with him, as compared to my son spending 12 hours plus with my mil. plus at night, my mil look after him also when he needs feeding at night. so i guess it will be worse for you as you would not have time for him even at night.. if i need OT in my future work, then (haha!) don't need to play with ah boy at night already.

i already resign to the fate of working and living in singapore. no qualifications, no talk. need to work hard. i really wish to be home and be able to give him some lessons, coach him personally when he is primary 1.. but a bit hard on time. tempted to be tuition teacher or piano teacher instead of office job but lots of factors with regards to money prevent me from doing this.

it's not my concern. i already acknowledge the fact that he will stick to grandma more and not be upset over it. it's inevitable since he will spend more time with her than with me throughout the week. in fact, i'll be happy that he sticks to his grandma! my grandma has a very good personality (patient, loving, kind, generous), qualities which i don't have. hope he can learn from her! her chinese is good also, can teach my son chinese so he won't be gan dang. i don't see any reason to be concern.

when i was young, my parents work. i was cared by my neighbour who babysit me. i called her 'auntie mummy'. there was once i got so close to her, i simply called her 'mummy'. hm... i didn't wonder how my mum feel though. and after my neighbor shifted away, my grandma was closest to me and i always stick to her instead. maybe because of this experience, i don't see my son sticking to my mil as a concern.

work full time or work-and-study, outcome will be the same. it's unpreventable. so must cherish weekends more and spend with my son.

right now i'm doing my internship. i got a taste how it will be like after i graduate. i come home 7 plus. i need sleep at 11pm. minus 1 hour for me to settle down. that leaves me with less than 3 hours per night to spend with him, as compared to my son spending 12 hours plus with my mil. plus at night, my mil look after him also when he needs feeding at night. so i guess it will be worse for you as you would not have time for him even at night.. if i need OT in my future work, then (haha!) don't need to play with ah boy at night already.

i already resign to the fate of working and living in singapore. no qualifications, no talk. need to work hard. i really wish to be home and be able to give him some lessons, coach him personally when he is primary 1.. but a bit hard on time. tempted to be tuition teacher or piano teacher instead of office job but lots of factors with regards to money prevent me from doing this.
thanks edwinie. it helps=)

Well its not easy especially u might get very tired..

Even for me struggling with 3 times a week for school is tough and sux job and got pregnant during the school breaks lol…

Just need to plan ur time properly, it’s a hard struggle but nothing come easy in life…

Good luck for ur choice and if I can choose, I will choose to work part time and study part time..

Not a full time job.. less money but its better for health…

That just my point of view..
:001_302::001_302:

Well its not easy especially u might get very tired..

Even for me struggling with 3 times a week for school is tough and sux job and got pregnant during the school breaks lol…

Just need to plan ur time properly, it’s a hard struggle but nothing come easy in life…

Good luck for ur choice and if I can choose, I will choose to work part time and study part time..

Not a full time job.. less money but its better for health…

That just my point of view..
:001_302::001_302:
thanks rabbitmaummy. i guess i m not alone. got alot of study mummy pei me along.=)hehehe