any mummies thinking of getting their placenta processed into capsule for consumption

siah_kate

was wondering any mummies interested to have their placenta processed into powder and store in capsule for consumtption?
Those mumimes who have tried it, is it really true that it helps in your baby immunity?

Carole

Re: any mummies thinking of getting their placenta processed into capsule for consump

What do you mean? The capsules are for the mummy's consumption right? How does it affect the baby?

cheryl81

Re: any mummies thinking of getting their placenta processed into capsule for consump

i m interested...

Carole

Here's a website showing you the process : Placenta

Carol

I was interested . Too bad I gave birth alrdy . Cause I didnt know how to make it .
Heard from my CL that also improve mummy's complexion & Baby's airway .

cendrine

the thought of eating own placenta..hmm...

dun think i will. :nah:

Carol

The second picture in the placenta blog ... Yewww !

siah_kate

i m interested...

Hi all,

Me too couldnt do it myself but fortunately i have got a pal who can help. Shes a gynae from china so placenta is not new to her. Have asked her to help mummies who are interested, currently shes helping mummies from motherforum as well.
I was so overwhelmed when i know shes willing to do it so i posted on the forum but thread was removed cos its not allowed. :frown:

Anyway just my 2 cents contribution here to anyone who might be interested. Do email me at siah_kate@yahoo.com.sg to know more. Thanks all.

siah_kate

What do you mean? The capsules are for the mummy's consumption right? How does it affect the baby?
i heard from some mummies that they actually gave it to their kid when they are sick and it does helps. So i guess its good for everyone but mummies main concern here is the babies i think.

Ting

i dont think i dare..cos when i saw my oen placenta when i delivered...i almost puked...

CynCyn

This topic also posted in idobb b4 , if nt wrong they say tt fann wong tks them too . LOL !
I wanna try bt too bad give birth liao . My friend even jokingly tell me tt she's gonna pack her placenta back for me .
LOL !

LoVeS

dun dare to try....tink of it only feel like puking :nah:

deardar

wen i saw my own placenta i almost :puke:

i saw the thread on tis oso @ idobaby
bt i dun dare to try the taste yucks

ragdoll

Hi kate,
I saw ur post in singaporemotherhood too.

I'm keen to eat my own powdered placenta too, but Mrs Wong from my antenatal class at TMC advised us not to, coz she said placenta functions similarly like a liver, where it passes out toxins from baby to mum (something lidat lah). So she mention its not very 'clean' to eat it.

Now I'm also confused after hearing what she said, coz b4 I attend her lessons, I was pretty adamant abt eating mine, after hearing all the wonders it does to mummy.

siah_kate

Hi kate,
I saw ur post in singaporemotherhood too.

I'm keen to eat my own powdered placenta too, but Mrs Wong from my antenatal class at TMC advised us not to, coz she said placenta functions similarly like a liver, where it passes out toxins from baby to mum (something lidat lah). So she mention its not very 'clean' to eat it.

Now I'm also confused after hearing what she said, coz b4 I attend her lessons, I was pretty adamant abt eating mine, after hearing all the wonders it does to mummy.
Thats what i know about placenta too but its also the nutrients supplier to the baby when inside the tummy so thats y i think they say the amount of good the placenta can do varies and they sure cant do wonders.
Same as u i also heard how placenta helps in anyway but i guess its always pros and cons to almost everything we do and eat so as long as we do not over consume i think it should be ok.
Just my 2 cents of thoughts cos im also intending to have mine processed if i get preggy again..

Lingbel

i read some mummies will packet the placenta into the freezer and when wanna eat, cut a portion and bbq it.

siah_kate

i read some mummies will packet the placenta into the freezer and when wanna eat, cut a portion and bbq it.
hmm..but as far as i know, placenta is like any other meat product. It wont be too good if you keep in freezer for too long. The nutrients will decrease as time goes by and that is why i think the capsulated form is more welcome as its already dried thus enables it for long term storage retaining its nutrients. Furthermore its also much easier whenever you wana consume it, dun need to cook, just pop 1-2 capsule or mix it with milk (heard from mummies) too.

siah_kate

Just to update so far my colleague have processed 3 placentas and the feedback from the mummies is good. Benefitial to them...

tiziana

im ok with tt but too bad i've alr given birth, i dun think placenta is gross leh, i saw mine and im ok with wad i see, haha :)

siah_kate

hmm..but as far as i know, placenta is like any other meat product. It wont be too good if you keep in freezer for too long. The nutrients will decrease as time goes by and that is why i think the capsulated form is more welcome as its already dried thus enables it for long term storage retaining its nutrients. Furthermore its also much easier whenever you wana consume it, dun need to cook, just pop 1-2 capsule or mix it with milk (heard from mummies) too.

Mummies who are interested pls see the below link for details...

Mommy's Cozy Haven |