any mummy to be in KL?

jiajia

wow, looks like i really have to consider well b4 making decision.....i am the one who cannot stay at home type, so will surely be bored to death if i can't drive and have to always rely on hubby.....

Mummy to Baby V

wow, looks like i really have to consider well b4 making decision.....i am the one who cannot stay at home type, so will surely be bored to death if i can't drive and have to always rely on hubby.....
Your Issac would be schooling soon, so driving seems inevitable, even if the school is relatively near. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I've never walked alone with son in the neighbourhood. Only a few times with hubby around, to pasar malam.

School bus may also be unsafe as school buses are often old and drivers could be reckless. A few cases of harassing female students occurred too, so we won't take the risk with daughters. Would rather trust ourselves. The standard is really different from Singapore.

With 2 kids in tow, if you go shopping, the boot would be useful to carry heavy stuff. If your KL home is super-near a good mall and amenities, then it'd be more convenient.

Taking cab is feasible. Ensure you flag or call the type that uses meter. But kids won't be in car seat in cab, so it's dangerous.

To enjoy living in KL with mobility, I'd suggest driving yourself around. Most females I know here drive. I'm probably the exception, who's fine being stuck at home for now. Ha!

Last edited:

jiajia

Your Issac would be schooling soon, so driving seems inevitable, even if the school is relatively near. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I've never walked alone with son in the neighbourhood. Only a few times with hubby around, to pasar malam.

School bus may also be unsafe as school buses are often old and drivers could be reckless. A few cases of harassing female students occurred too, so we won't take the risk with daughters. Would rather trust ourselves. The standard is really different from Singapore.

With 2 kids in tow, if you go shopping, the boot would be useful to carry heavy stuff. If your KL home is super-near a good mall and amenities, then it'd be more convenient.

Taking cab is feasible. Ensure you flag or call the type that uses meter. But kids won't be in car seat in cab, so it's dangerous.

To enjoy living in KL with mobility, I'd suggest driving yourself around. Most females I know here drive. I'm probably the exception, who's fine being stuck at home for now. Ha!
tks for more of the info, which convince me not to go, lol. i still think singapore is still safer n more convenient for me with 2 kids......

Mummy to Baby V

tks for more of the info, which convince me not to go, lol. i still think singapore is still safer n more convenient for me with 2 kids......
Ha... I wasn't trying to dissuade you from coming! Just giving a clearer picture of what to expect. I'm in KL cos hubby has to work here. Yet we really hope that the kids can be educated in Singapore in future. And I always enjoy bringing my boy out alone in S'pore, super-convenient. :)

jiajia

ya, i enjoy taking my boy out alone conveniently also, that's what i worried about if i moved to KL....its like everywhere i go i feel safe, transport is convenient.....

jiajia

sg mummy staying there, do you need to go back to sg for the chop? If residue there, still need to go back every mth to chop passport?

kaerb

baby given 30 days in Malaysia as social visitor. Then after that, need to go back singapore again and re enter to Malaysia to get an additional 30 days. For long term soultion, get a long term social visit pass.. then no need to go in and out of Malaysia.

Mummy to Baby V

sg mummy staying there, do you need to go back to sg for the chop? If residue there, still need to go back every mth to chop passport?
For convenience, apply for long-term social visit pass: 6 months for first 2 times, then annual renewal.
It's a very lengthy process at the government office.

jiajia

baby given 30 days in Malaysia as social visitor. Then after that, need to go back singapore again and re enter to Malaysia to get an additional 30 days. For long term soultion, get a long term social visit pass.. then no need to go in and out of Malaysia.
hi kaerb, are you also seeing DR paul tseng? i think i saw in thread about this.....me also seeing him....

but tot u already stay m'sia quiet long already, u still feel sg medical better?

Mummy to Baby V

wah so man fan ar.........if sg can do everything online :p
This is the norm here... Waste a lot of time making enquiries, getting translation, queuing at the various counters and sometimes so crowded that seats are not enough. When I was pregnant and bringing fussy baby along, quite a hassle indeed. (But nothing beats the hassle when I applied to get married in KL, comparable to Amazing Race!)

Certainly makes me appreciate Singapore a lot more. :)

kaerb

hi jiajia,
yep.. I m seeing Dr Paul.. I stay in KL for very long already, but for all medical needs I still go back to Singapore. coz I am Singaporean.. ha.. so still feel more comfortable to go back to my country for my medical needs.. Also more convenient if I need to go for surgery my parents r there to look after me ...

Mummy to Baby V

Thanks!

How about play-dates for the little ones? Would you know of any in KL?
Dunno of private play-dates... A good way is to know other mums / kids through classes:
e.g. Fit4Two in Bangsar Village 2 (yoga classes), Gymboree, Shichida, etc. depending on your interests.
After that, can arrange play-dates with those of similar frequency. :)

mariam rawi

If you need post natal massage service while you in singapore pls do not hesitate kul me 991397178 I willing to help you to get in shape n for healthy too

winsicca

Hi SG mummies in KL, would anyone know where to get good birthday cake for our toddlers and babies? Any recommendations?