Any recommendations for birdnest

cui_er

ya leh, how i i wish i could take it everyday! lol

Maybe those ppl said got asthma one they really take almost everyday ba? But i thought i read somewhere bird nest is supposed to be one of those "neutral" tonics, meaning neither too heaty or too liang. Can't wait to cook and try, yet can't really bear to cook cos so ex... few pieces only like very fast will finish. >.<

apollo

ya , how i i wish i could take it everyday! lol

Maybe those ppl said got asthma one they really take almost everyday ? But i thought i read somewhere bird nest is supposed to be one of those "neutral" tonics, meaning neither too heaty or too liang. Can't wait to cook and try, yet can't really bear to cook cos so ex... few pieces only like very fast will finish. >.<
i tell u, i last time also love birdnest alot... den on e 2nd tri onwards, mum force" me to have birdnest every week... sometimes twice a week, once brew de once is bottled de.. after few weeks, will eat until scare de...

no matter hw nice or good the food is, if u eat frequently, will get very "tired" de so i think u better dun try eating everyday... HAHA!!! :tlaugh:

Stan

I also not sure but supposed to give the baby good complexion? Though i've heard some stories when people said if eat too much will have asthma, dont know how true is that. Anyway, on my budget, I won't be able to eat "too much" birdnest", haha. Bottled type is convenient but old people all say it's not as good as cooked birdnest, dont know got half the effect or not. I think bird nest tastes delicious! Why dont you like it? maybe can cook it sweeter if you like sweet stuff?

dont know ah... the expensive stuff like bird's nest, sharks fins, sea cucumber ... all i dont like... very low maintenance right?? lol:tlaugh:

stonston

my parents get our birdnest from our relative who own birdnest hill in indonesia. he gives us very good rates (but we also need to add in some $$ to pay taxes else it's illegal) and gives us the good quality ones. good quality ones wont 'melt' away into the water so quickly. and he gives us those tt r already cleaned by hand (they damp a small part to loosen it then use pincher to pick out the dirt). so it's very clean already, jus rinse n soak then cook.

from wot i noe, the same quality birdnest is selling at local medical hall for $250 - 300 per 'liang'.

Stan

one liang is how many grams?

my parents get our birdnest from our relative who own birdnest hill in indonesia. he gives us very good rates (but we also need to add in some $$ to pay taxes else it's illegal) and gives us the good quality ones. good quality ones wont 'melt' away into the water so quickly. and he gives us those that are already cleaned by hand (they damp a small part to loosen it then use pincher to pick out the dirt). so it's very clean already, just rinse and soak then cook.

from what i know, the same quality birdnest is selling at local medical hall for $250 - 300 per 'liang'.

iwan2noe

hi babe, anyone know why we need to eat birdnest during our pregnancy? it is because of the protein contain in birdnest... therefore it will be more cheaper to drink protein than birdnest... i did not take any birdnest during my pregnancy, but i drink alot of protein...
Hi siongnelly,

I don't know why pregnant ladies need to take bird nest but i heard that take too much bird nest because it is 'liang'(with 'cooling; properties) baby would run high chance of getting asthma when they are born if their mummies take alot.. Don't know how true or it is just coincidence or some myth...

I think as long as we can afford and dont take in excess i think it should be fine. Plus, it is scientificially known that it has not much of a nutrients...

Just sharing my 2 cts :p

WinnieL

Hi siongnelly,

I dont't know why pregnant ladies need to take bird nest but i heard that take too much bird nest because it is 'liang'(with 'cooling; properties) baby would run high chance of getting asthma when they are born if their mummies take alot.. dont't know how true or it is just coincidence or some myth...

I think as long as we can afford and dont take in excess i think it should be fine. Plus, it is scientificially known that it has not much of a nutrients...

i guess as long as it's taken in moderation, it's fine. maybe about 1-2 small bottles a week?

Ting

i ate birdnest everyday since 4 mths....
but i think cos of that pin's complexion is good~ :)

Hi, one liang is equivalent to 37.5 grams.

I usually get birdnest from my friend whose family runs their own birdnest business in Indonesia for many years. Price and quality is good.

angelwendy

Hi siongnelly,

I dont't know why pregnant ladies need to take bird nest but i heard that take too much bird nest because it is 'liang'(with 'cooling; properties) baby would run high chance of getting asthma when they are born if their mummies take alot.. dont't know how true or it is just coincidence or some myth...

Yup i think so.. cause my grandmother also say so.. when that day i bought birdnest home.. granny say cannot eat cause is too cooling... n also say baby born will ez get cough or asthma.... so i think if u don't everyday eat should be ok.. maybe once a week.....?:001_302:

Verona's

My MIL told me the same thing too :)
So i only 1 week take the small bottle once but i heard that ownself boil better , i only have the small bottle one , those 6 in a box one .

Hi there,
We offer premium and edible bird's nest from Indonesia at an affordable price to you.
With 20 over years of experience in supplying to various countries including US, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore, we now would like to bring our products closer to our end customers at an affordable price.

We have a guaranteed quality for our products of free from chemical or other harmful substances. We have supplied various well-known companies across Singapore and now would like to bring our products to our customers.

All our products are readily available in Singapore. Do visit our Facebook page below.
Our minimum order quantity is 100g and I will be more than willing to show our product. Do contact me at 82304337, Dedi Setiawan. In terms of pricing, we can guarantee that we can give you the best price for a premium quality product since no middle man is involved here. Many thanks

Bird's nest station - Info | Facebook

nicelyse

i get a cheapest price from my fren, ava approved, class A but have to order min 500g or 1kg, as they give wholesales price, pm me if interested ya.

1 tael = 37.5g > S$100

elyza

i buy direct from indonesia 1kg is SGD1800 and 500grams is SGD1000. Top of the range Golden Swallow Nests Full Cup in sealed and vacuum pack. Delivery is one week express.
PM me or sms 96657477 if interested.

Kelvin07

Hi mummies, do you all know that bird nest helps in the recovery process during pregnancy? I've a friend selling them at a very reasonable price, reason being there is no physical shop thus less overhead costs. Products are tried and tested, and does not contain any chemicals during cleaning process. Words have been spreading fast regarding this new premium brand of bird nest that they are currently selling, feel free to check them out at https://www.facebook.com/you3premiumbirdnest! Last I heard they are doing pretty well and may start opening a shop around town soon! You may also contact Kelvin at 9129 0566 for orders or enquiries, have a great day ahead! :D

P.S: Buying them from reputable stores are way overpriced. 1 Tael (37.5Grams) at $300+. YOU3 PREMIUM BIRD NEST is selling at less than $300 for 100Grams! Thats a whopping 60% off, it's indeed a STEAL!

Last edited: