Any Recommendations.???

naoj_hobley

guys,

i need help.. im really worried to my daughter
because my baby doesnt eat right,..
any recommendations of multivitamins that she can help
increase her appetite she is 2 years old and 3 mos.
and pls. include where i can buy it..

thank you!

diymummy

My baby is using Appeton Infant drops. Appeton has a wide range of other multi-vits for toddlers.

GNC also has a good range of multi-vits for kids. If you buy up to certain amt, you can become their member which entitles you to discounts in future.

To increase appetite, try to get those that contain Lysine. Lysine helps in the breaking down of protein and hence increases appetite. This is what I read somewhere.

I'll be using Medvite prescribed by my PD after my son finishes his Appeton.

camom

You can just sign up for membership at GNC, dun need min purchase. :001_302:

Back to Multivits, someone highly recommended liquid Enveron C to me. Easily avail in pharmacies, it's about $6.80 w/o disc.

If you want to give your child supplements, do read the composition list and don't overdose on certain vits like Vit A which is also avail in Fish Oil (if you are giving)!

jojoki

I give Baby Plex multivitamin liquid drops by Nature's Plus, Arctic Cod Liver Oil by Nordic Naturals (bought from Organic shop in Forum) and Reutefene Drops (Probiotic) by AgeD'or (prescribed by pd)

naoj_hobley

the problem is she eat really a little bit.. like 1-2 spoons per meal.. really worried.. and the thing is she is loosing weight..

apollo

i agree with DIY darling, better bring ur girl to see doc since she is losing weight too..

dapheng

HI!! Im new here :D
I have some enquiry regarding cordblood!!! help me =)
My cousin in law is going to give birth to a twin!! :D
She saw some stuff abt cordblood banking on the newspaper, but she is not so sure what is it. :tconfused:
anyone have any information to share??
xie xie =D

liz2010

the problem is she eat really a little bit.. like 1-2 spoons per meal.. really worried.. and the thing is she is loosing weight..

does she have lots of snacks? or does she drink a lot before eating? If yes, you may cut down on that first before giving any supplement. If no, then you'd better see a doctor as your daughter seems to have lost appetite. At that age, they start to be very picky on food, but they will eat what they like eating if they are hungry.

ph0702

Hi, my gal actually had the same issue. She is 3.5yrs now...80% in biscuit and cheese, 15% in milk (150ml x 3 times a day, more cannot finish. Somedays, she will totally reject), 5% misc. Rice, noodles ...up to the most 5 small mouth (not even 1/2 spoon full ) each week? Got real worried as from a 90 percentile growth, it went down to 50 percentile :embarrassed:. Spoke to few people and lastly, through good recommendation, went to a Dietician in NUH for advise. From there, we learn ways to substitude food nutrients and to encourage her to eat more and truely, things has improved very much now.

U may want to try. Cost $50+ for consultation of approx. 1.5hrs. No medicine needed. PM me should you be interested in the contact.

AugBoyz

Hi, my gal actually had the same issue. She is 3.5yrs now...80% in biscuit and cheese, 15% in milk (150ml x 3 times a day, more cannot finish. Somedays, she will totally reject), 5% misc. Rice, noodles ...up to the most 5 small mouth (not even 1/2 spoon full ) each week? Got real worried as from a 90 percentile growth, it went down to 50 percentile :embarrassed:. Spoke to few people and lastly, through good recommendation, went to a Dietician in NUH for advise. From there, we learn ways to substitude food nutrients and to encourage her to eat more and truely, things has improved very much now.

you may want to try. Cost $50+ for consultation of approx. 1.5hrs. No medicine needed. PM me should you be interested in the contact.
from what i read above, 1. she has too much snacks like biscuits, 2. she has too much milk. Cut down on the snacks to maybe once or twice a day at specific time that is not too close to dinner time. Decrease milk to twice a day, milk if very filling n that may be the reason why ur ger is not filling hungry. My monster drinks once when he wakes up n once when he goes to bed. 3 normal meals plus n 2 snacks when he is in school.

Ting

you may want to try. Cost $50+ for consultation of approx. 1.5hrs. No medicine needed. PM me should you be interested in the contact.
i agree with AB, your girl is snacking too much!
pin is 3.5 yo too. she hv 3 milk feeds per day, 200 ml each time.
she hv 4 meals a say, breakfast, lunch, dinner X 2 (one at sch at 530, another at home with us at arnd 730-8pm). and in btw she also snack alot.. like fruits. for biscuits, i usu just gv her 1-2 pcs each day, unless its a small pack then will let her finish.
she for each meal in sch, she can take up to 3-4 portions.

ph0702

i agree with AB, your girl is snacking too much!
pin is 3.5 yo too. she have 3 milk feeds per day, 200 ml each time.
she have 4 meals a say, breakfast, lunch, dinner X 2 (one at sch at 530, another at home with us at arnd 730-8pm). and in btw she also snack alot.. like fruits. for biscuits, i usu just gv her 1-2 pcs each day, unless its a small pack then will let her finish.
she for each meal in sch, she can take up to 3-4 portions.
Hmm... I think the is some mis-understanding here... what i meant is 3x daily milk of 150ml or less. The 80% biscuit and cheese actually refers to 1 or 2 occasion of 1-2 pieces of biscuit per day with or without cheese wor. If she eventually takes the few spoon of plain rice (reject all veg and meat), then she will refuse her biscuit liao. Even the dietician is saying that she is only eating approx. half of what her age should be eating wor...

sunburst

I'm giving my boy who is 25mths now a drink called millennium by e.excel.
It's made from cactus juice & royal jelly... It helps to boost his immune system & improve his appetite.