Any SAHM @ Sembawang??

Erm.. Maybe coz DS still young, haven't really crawl everywhere to explore yet.. But ya, he's beginning to move ard tis week.. Had a fall off my bed.. :p

Since NB until now, I just leave him in the living room on the playmat w gym toys or now in jumperoo & switch on DVDs for him when I'm cooking. But as I said earlier, usually I will try to find time when he's sleeping to cook.. Coz I can't cope wif stress:tlaugh:I've yet to try place him in the kitchen wif me though.. If I were to do so, he would prob be in the high chair. LOL.

Ever consider putting yr sonnie on a routine rather than on demand coz the latter is seriously very tiring. I started DS on a routine since Day 1 back from hospital.. So far so good.. *touch wood*
I tried sooooo hard leh but nothing work to get him on routine.
He will not drink if not hungry and when u don't give him wen hungry, he'll be SuPer cranky!
no choice hv to grit my teeth:001_302: n tahan till he's older lor *chiamz!

hehe maybe forgotten liao...ya i placed him on bumper mat too but he was alredi learning to crawl n shortly after he was exploring outside the mat....so i'd to be around, haha.

hey fall from bed very c'mon n happened to my son too :p (my gp said if u go KKH it won't be considered an emergency). In fact he'd 2nd fall not too long ago.

autumn82

I tried sooooo hard leh but nothing work to get him on routine.
He will not drink if not hungry and when u don't give him wen hungry, he'll be SuPer cranky!
no choice hv to grit my teeth:001_302: n tahan till he's older lor *chiamz!

hehe maybe forgotten liao...ya i placed him on bumper mat too but he was alredi learning to crawl n shortly after he was exploring outside the mat....so i'd to be around, haha.

hey fall from bed very c'mon n happened to my son too :p (my gp said if u go KKH it won't be considered an emergency). In fact he'd 2nd fall not too long ago.
Erm.. if u can bear, then ignore his crankineSs! Dun eat, wait until next meal. I do that to both my kids. My DD used to be super choosey over food. Now, at times I'll tease her. "Do u want your lunch today? If not I'll clear it", then she quickly reply "yes yes", then come over makan within 30mins. LOL. She used to take an average of 2hrs wor. LOL.

Ya, I also can't place him on mat now liao unless am watching him. Heh.

Talkin abt the fall, he had his 1st fall off the bed on Mon... So shocking for me. LOL. Ya, it won't be considered emergency if ur kiddo is not bleeding or fracture limbs @ KKH.. :x LOL. I dun wan DS to fall anymore, I can't take it~~~ :p

Erm.. if u can bear, then ignore his crankineSs! Dun eat, wait until next meal. I do that to both my kids. My DD used to be super choosey over food. Now, at times I'll tease her. "Do u want your lunch today? If not I'll clear it", then she quickly reply "yes yes", then come over makan within 30mins. LOL. She used to take an average of 2hrs wor. LOL.

Ya, I also can't place him on mat now liao unless am watching him. Heh.

Talkin abt the fall, he had his 1st fall off the bed on Mon... So shocking for me. LOL. Ya, it won't be considered emergency if ur kiddo is not bleeding or fracture limbs @ KKH.. :x LOL. I dun wan DS to fall anymore, I can't take it~~~ :p
very hard to bear his crankiness...2much attitude :embarrassed:

hv u considered gettin Haenim Play Yard to fence around the mat?
Datz wat I did.
haha...now he can even drag the play yard!

Yes tho not critically hurt from the fall but still terribly shock n heartpain.
My son even had the dining chair fall on him coz he was moving it (he likes to move things like chairs, coffee table, baby chair...etc).

autumn82

very hard to bear his crankiness...2much attitude :embarrassed:

hv u considered gettin Haenim Play Yard to fence around the mat?
Datz wat I did.
haha...now he can even drag the play yard!

Yes tho not critically hurt from the fall but still terribly shock n heartpain.
My son even had the dining chair fall on him coz he was moving it (he likes to move things like chairs, coffee table, baby chair...etc).

Oopsie... Since NB, I just leave DS to cry until he happy, he will stop. Now, at times he can't even be bothered to cry.. :p

Oh ya! I've been eyeing the Haenim Play Yard, but no idea where sells, Kiddypalace? But after u tell me yr ds can drag it.. Erm.. like abit redundant wor.. :x Can I place playmat below so he can't drag? Or wat? How much did u get it for?

Wah... Boys r usually like tt rite? So typically, our boys r still... normal.. LOL.

Just now I caught DS sitting in his cot, quietly untying his bumper.. And he successfully did 1!! LOL. Then I called out his name, he stunned for awhile then laff at me.. Duhz.. :p

gzifa

hi hi mama N baobao & autumn82,
Its my first.. and im puking all thru-out the pregnancy.. hehe.. major reason why im a SAH liao.

Haven't shop yet.. been eyeing stuffs, next week (hopefully!) should know the sex of the baby, figured we start after that.

would be nice to get to know other SAHMs here! :Dancing_wub:hehe.. most my friends still single or decided not to have kids. only mom-friend i have in semb is my sis who lives nearby. can be boring leh.

autumn82

hi hi mama N baobao & autumn82,
Its my first.. and im puking all thru-out the pregnancy.. hehe.. major reason why im a SAH liao.

Haven't shop yet.. been eyeing stuffs, next week (hopefully!) should know the sex of the baby, figured we start after that.

would be nice to get to know other SAHMs here! :Dancing_wub:hehe.. most my friends still single or decided not to have kids. only mom-friend i have in semb is my sis who lives nearby. can be boring leh.

Oopsie.. still puking?? Aiyoh... Which part of Semb r u living in? Ya, sometimes its pretty boring to be sahm.. LoL. I'm experiencing it now.. stayed home for 8mths+ oredi! ...

gzifa

359A Admiralty Dr, in-front of the canberra pri sch.

Ya.. my social life totally dead after the puking started! Keep telling myself i'm 1/2way there! hehehe

Oopsie... Since NB, I just leave DS to cry until he happy, he will stop. Now, at times he can't even be bothered to cry.. :p

Oh ya! I've been eyeing the Haenim Play Yard, but no idea where sells, Kiddypalace? But after u tell me yr ds can drag it.. Erm.. like abit redundant wor.. :x Can I place playmat below so he can't drag? Or wat? How much did u get it for?

Wah... Boys r usually like tt rite? So typically, our boys r still... normal.. LOL.

Just now I caught DS sitting in his cot, quietly untying his bumper.. And he successfully did 1!! LOL. Then I called out his name, he stunned for awhile then laff at me.. Duhz.. :p
hmmm....i guess being 1st x mom tend to be abit overly anxious and kanchiong....so carry too much la...not lettin him cry out la....
pluz confused too coz different people, different parenting books all tell u different "theories"!!! haha best part is my mil, told mi not to over carry my son then the sec he cried, she wud pick-up herself, duh!

He only started to drag when he could pull himself up to stand n now dat he's a todd, there's no end to wat he can do with his hands liao.
I still keep him instead tho, like if i need to do washing in the kitchen, go loo or wen i need a break!
As long as he hvn't learn to climb out of it, I'll continue to use it.

Yes, my bumper mat is below the 6-panel play yard.
There are some suction pads (won't work if u put mat underneath) if u place directly on floor but I don't tink can hold so well too (maybe some flooring can, not sure coz mine didn't).

I bot from Cheong Choon Store, Blk 34 Upp Cross St, #03-132, Tel: 6532 3855. 6-panel $210.00 incld free delivery.
You can try to buy preloved one or rent a 4-panel for $22/mth to test (that's what i did). Not all babies like to stay inside the play yard.

If ur interested, you can see some pics of the play yard n mat in my blog.

yarlor, i tink boys r boys! :shyxxx:

:tlaugh:ur son cute...such little moments are the rewards being a SAHM.
There will be more as he becomes more capable of other "stunts".

359A Admiralty Dr, in-front of the canberra pri sch.

Ya.. my social life totally dead after the puking started! Keep telling myself i'm 1/2way there! hehehe
I'd a very smooth pregnancy, no puking or other discomforts.
Was a little worried coz heard dat symptoms actually show preg is going well.

But i enjoyed pregnancy so much dat after baby is out, wah....so different - lose sleep from nite feedings, frustrated wen bb dun burp den hv to handle gassy n cranky bb, dun day nap, can't soothe his cries, etc.

Not to scare u off but after baby is out, social life gets even more difficult IMO.

Where do u plan to buy your baby stuff?

Autumn, Ottermum,
Juz curious, where did u buy your baby stuff? different stores or just 1?
Mi too lazi to shop around n hub was overseas then so I got everything frm KiddyPalace n got it delivered free :001_302:

gzifa

Yeah I keep telling myself, shall take it as prior training b4 bb arrives. Have so been used to living just 4 myself, very afraid I'd be selfish.

Not sure where to buy yet.. given that I'm not working now, we trying not to splurge too much (plus the dreadful recession). Went to the Metro infant fair last nite.. nothing so eye-catching. We thinking of waiting till the motherhood or taka fair.. i heard can get pretty gd deals then?

Although suspect once we (hopefully) find out the sex of the bb next week, we're bound to start buying stuffs. hahaha..

Do any of u shop online for bb stuffs?

Yeah I keep telling myself, shall take it as prior training b4 bb arrives. Have so been used to living just 4 myself, very afraid I'd be selfish.

Not sure where to buy yet.. given that I'm not working now, we trying not to splurge too much (plus the dreadful recession). Went to the Metro infant fair last nite.. nothing so eye-catching. We thinking of waiting till the motherhood or taka fair.. i heard can get pretty gd deals then?

Although suspect once we (hopefully) find out the sex of the bb next week, we're bound to start buying stuffs. hahaha..

Do any of u shop online for bb stuffs?
when bb arrives, u may not hv time to be selfish :001_302:
everything naturally goes to bb

enjoy the shopping experience as 1st time parents but dun overdo it lor.
non-essential stuffs may wait till bb is born then u decide as u go along if it is necessary.

gd if u can get someone to pass some bb clothes to u since they outgrow very fast n possetting will stain the cutest clothes.
if u hv more clothes on hand, dun hv to do laundry so often or worry wet weather n clothes dun dry in time.

if u go to motherhood fair must be prepared for the squeeze.
never been to taka fair so can't comment.

i wasn't aware of online baby shopping till my son was few months old.
i did buy a few pieces of clothes.
some online shops or bp hv gd deals but get word-of-mouth which 1s are reliable, if possible just to be safe.

gzifa

when bb arrives, u may not hv time to be selfish :001_302:
everything naturally goes to bb

enjoy the shopping experience as 1st time parents but dun overdo it lor.
non-essential stuffs may wait till bb is born then u decide as u go along if it is necessary.

gd if u can get someone to pass some bb clothes to u since they outgrow very fast n possetting will stain the cutest clothes.
if u hv more clothes on hand, dun hv to do laundry so often or worry wet weather n clothes dun dry in time.

if u go to motherhood fair must be prepared for the squeeze.
never been to taka fair so can't comment.

i wasn't aware of online baby shopping till my son was few months old.
i did buy a few pieces of clothes.
some online shops or bp hv gd deals but get word-of-mouth which 1s are reliable, if possible just to be safe.
tks 4 ur great tips! will keep them in mind. esp, the squeeze @ motherhood. heh.. no1 to hand-me-down clothes.. as mentioned friends all decided to grow old w/o kids, sister's kids 11yrs old liao. and my cousins all still popping new babies.

well if its a baby girl, my family would splurge & spoil her (first girl in the family); if boy then.. well boys don't really haf tt much pretty stuffs to gawk over. hehe..

am glad i found this forum~ many many helpful mummies!

Ottermum

hi gzifa...

maybe you're having a gal cos you puke alot...no appetite too? could be a gal wor...

i get my bb stuff mostly from Kiddy Palace...

welcome to motherhood!!! :001_302:

gzifa

hi gzifa...

maybe you're having a gal cos you puke alot...no appetite too? could be a gal wor...

i get my bb stuff mostly from Kiddy Palace...

welcome to motherhood!!! :001_302:
Hi ottermum, tq tq~

appetite have, but i hate my mom's cooking since got preg- which makes her very very pissed with me often. teehee!!

tks 4 ur great tips! will keep them in mind. esp, the squeeze @ motherhood. heh.. no1 to hand-me-down clothes.. as mentioned friends all decided to grow old w/o kids, sister's kids 11yrs old liao. and my cousins all still popping new babies.

well if its a baby girl, my family would splurge & spoil her (first girl in the family); if boy then.. well boys don't really haf tt much pretty stuffs to gawk over. hehe..

am glad i found this forum~ many many helpful mummies!
oic...no hand-me-down den ur bb get all new clothes, yay!
actually i din like hand-me-down but later realised it did come handy, hehe.

ya agreed, we save more $ with boy than ger.
there are so much more choices for ger than boy.

anyhow most imptly is a healthy baby and safe pregnancy :Dancing_wub: