Any suggestions to keep fit?

raehannalila

Hi, i am new here, and im looking for ways to keep a healthy workout rountine,, am thinking of a cardio course at affordable price for a start, what you guys think about it?

suyin09

Hi raehanna, im also new here, and yes actually i took this cardio class few months ago and it's really useful. I've been working out for this few months using what i learnt at the class, I took it at the woodlands cc near my place and i will highly recommend you to sign up. it's affordable and the trainer is really good. plus they use jazz music to coordinate the moves, which make the whole workout much more relaxing. you can check it out for more details at onePA or pm for more details:)

swimIronKidz

Why dun you just get a pair of good running shoes and running attire ?
Start with brisk walking and slowly increase the tempo as you progress
its the best excericse , not too exp n can do it down your house.
Most of my friends n colleague who took and stick to my advise not only got serious in running, they manage to loose weight and stay fit.
jeff

Last edited:

swimIronKidz

Planning to start a running class for unfit stay home mum or even working mum who got no time to workout or too lazy too?

thinking of either Sengkang or East Coast Park around 9am where your kids are in school

Personal Trainer at an affordable price of $30/mths - 1hrs per session.
Min to start class is 10 adults

6mths to your first 10km competitve run

Start wth 2km gradually builds up to 10km

Interested sms/email me 93887383 / swimironkidz@gmail.com

Good time for mums to meets new friends :))

regards
Jeff

Note: I hv done several Marathons, 2 Half Ironman, 5 Full Ironman.
Last StandChart Marathon 2010 - Position 300/14000+ runners..time: 3hr 50min - Age 50
Best StandChart Marathon 2007: Position 190/10000+ runners ..time: 3hr 33mins 33secs - Age 47

Half ironman = 1.9km open sea swim, 90km Bike & 21km run
Full ironman = 3.8km open sea swim, 180km bike & 42km run

Last edited:

Phoebii Cheng

But after work, always so tired, lazy and no determination. hahaha
I was also like that too....till I determinedly decided enough is enough, even dun want to look at my own pics....so went for yoga and running and brisk walking, managed to a bit of weight.

I agree that sometimes with no friends it is harder, but tell yourself this, do you want to look good? healthy to run around with your child without feeling tired?

angiebaby

After work tired then do it before work, I swim or run at 7am morning, then feed and send daughter to nanny and go to work, eat breakfast at office. As at night after pick up baby no more time to exercise, bb need to eat and put to sleep and she sleeps at 10 plus.

Buy some small size clothes, very expansive one and use it as ur motivation, I bought 300 dollar bikini and for that money I lost 15 kgs in 7 weeks after birth, 5kg more to go but I think exercise plus breast feeding it will gone in a month time.

U can find few people who stay nearby exercise together, groups give motivation as well but please choose a pair of good shoes as when u run ur knee take a lot of pressure, and when u run while still heavy, ur knee take even greater pressure, best is swim and hot yoga to loss weight first, then run to keep fit

swimIronKidz

most of the time its easier said than done..lol
it involves lots of discipline ya + friends around you to motivate you esp if you re the lazi tpye..hehe
I used to wake up ard 4am + in the weekend to do my long run when training for my marathon or ironman event and its not easy cos at time you just want to continue sleeping..hehe
End of the day you 'll be glad you did it :):Dancing_wub:

Last edited:

SuperMe

Ya I one of the lazy type...many times want to go downstairs & run but ended up watching TV....good to have few friends to push each other:Dancing_wub:

Kelly80

how about yoga?

Yoga for me seem a bit hard. Eventually, i attend yoga and find it hard to do bending. Later, the instructor told me to try pilate as warmup. I try it and it feel not great. After master in pilate, will move to yoga. maybe i am big size. haha