anybody can advice??

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
autumn82 said:
Nope, I let him watch WWE & Rain's concerts. :wong15:
Walau ... must warn the others when you attend the next gathering with your little prince, before he starts performing all sorts of slams on the other kiddos. :rofl: :rofl:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
chuaeil said:
My plan is finding one to let her go for the enrichment class then when she grows older hopefully can let her continuse the nursery then kindergarden in the same school, i think that is quite good idea.
That was my plan too ... until we started with GUG itself.
It seems like there is no such thing lor ... I mean, the better pre-schools & kindergartens all have strengths of their own ... some I fancy, some I dun ... but there're just no one singular pre-school or kindergarten which has it all.
:embarrassed: :embarrassed:

chuaeil said:
You like zoo phonic. did you check it out the zoo phonic school whichis ver propular.
Essentially, ZooPhonics is about these 7 principles:
(1) The Animals help the children remember the shapes and sounds of the letters
(2) Letter sounds are taught before letter names
(3) Lowercase letters are taught before capital letters
(4) The body movement for each animal letter helps "cement" the phonemic information into memory
(5) The alphabet is taught sequentially, and as a whole entity, "a-z." The alphabet is not fragmented
(6) Short vowels are taught before long vowels
(7) Phonemic patterns (at, bat, fat, sat, etc.) are taught first, rather than random word lists (of, it, then, was, etc.)

You can read more about it here: http://www.zoophonics.com/research.html

Yes, I believe in ZooPhonics ... especially (2) & (3), which are bypassing convention but are definitely logical steps in helping any child to read independently on their own more quickly.

Yes, I also know of the local ZooPhonics franchisee ... & I've been to one of the schools (Tampines) to check them out.
However, I've still elected to stick it out with doing it at GUG (all the way in Suntec City) ... becoz I'm not convinced the franchisee know what they are doing.
:brolleyes: :brolleyes:

chuaeil said:
no... not yet cos my bb is only 6 mths intending to send her when she reach 1 yr old but haven enroll her yet. Is it too late?
Thing with Shichida is ... you are just one of many who wants in.
Take me for example ... like I said, I oly wanted my Seamus to be exposed to formal training when he reached 18 months ... so I went to Shichida to register, thinking there's bound to be vacancies since everybody also say "so expensive leh" ... end up we were put on the waiting list & I had to even commit the $300 refundable deposit upfront, just to convince them that I am serious & should be "jump queued" when places open up.

chuaeil said:
Talking abt Shichida... Have you heard abt little Neruo tree. Is abt the same as shichida. Any fedback, also choosing between this 2. :tlaugh:

Thank you so much i appreciated it very much.
To be very honest, I believe in the Shichida Method ... but not its local franchisee, which in my personal opinion, has made the whole set-up a very very profitable commercial entity.
Little Neuro Tree is started by her brother ... therefore, making me suspect that it's a "guinea pig" vehicle to put to practise what they have gathered over years of running Shichida ... BUT did not managed to get sanctioned by Prof Shichida in Japan itself.

You can read about my early postings here: http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f23/brain-developement-course-7302/
:wink: :wink:

Last edited:

chuaeil

That was my plan too ... until we started with GUG itself.
It seems like there is no such thing lor ... I mean, the better pre-schools & kindergartens all have strengths of their own ... some I fancy, some I dun ... but there're just no one singular pre-school or kindergarten which has it all.

Essentially, ZooPhonics is about these 7 principles:
(1) The Animals help the children remember the shapes and sounds of the letters
(2) Letter sounds are taught before letter names
(3) Lowercase letters are taught before capital letters
(4) The body movement for each animal letter helps "cement" the phonemic information into memory
(5) The alphabet is taught sequentially, and as a whole entity, "a-z." The alphabet is not fragmented
(6) Short vowels are taught before long vowels
(7) Phonemic patterns (at, bat, fat, sat, etc.) are taught first, rather than random word lists (of, it, then, was, etc.)

You can read more about it here: http://www.zoophonics.com/research.html

Yes, I believe in ZooPhonics ... especially (2) & (3), which are bypassing convention but are definitely logical steps in helping any child to read independently on their own more quickly.

Yes, I also know of the local ZooPhonics franchisee ... & I've been to one of the schools (Tampines) to check them out.
However, I've still elected to stick it out with doing it at GUG (all the way in Suntec City) ... becoz I'm not convinced the franchisee know what they are doing.
:brolleyes: :brolleyes:

Thing with Shichida is ... you are just one of many who wants in.
Take me for example ... like I said, I oly wanted my Seamus to be exposed to formal training when he reached 18 months ... so I went to Shichida to register, thinking there's bound to be vacancies since everybody also say "so expensive leh" ... end up we were put on the waiting list & I had to even commit the $300 refundable deposit upfront, just to convince them that I am serious & should be "jump queued" when places open up.

To be very honest, I believe in the Shichida Method ... but not its local franchisee, which in my personal opinion, has made the whole set-up a very very profitable commercial entity.
Little Neuro Tree is started by her brother ... therefore, making me suspect that it's a "guinea pig" vehicle to put to practise what they have gathered over years of running Shichida ... BUT did not managed to get sanctioned by Prof Shichida in Japan itself.

You can read about my early postings here: http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f23/brain-developement-course-7302/
Hi really thanks for the info....
Wow they really expend very fast. Actually they said Shichida is money orientened i was doubting LNT too coss they expend so fast. I like Shichida products but for method i cant said too much cos i haven attend their calss yet even tho my friends son have already attended for 1 yr plus. I would said i like the right brain training but is really not easy to chose a good sch.
I bought the shichida method book from japan it explains and how the shichida method works. But too bad LNT dont have trial neither Shichida. :(
So what is your point of view. Chose Shichida?

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
chuaeil said:
I like Shichida products but for method i cant said too much cos i haven attend their calss yet even tho my friends son have already attended for 1 yr plus.
Before I get misunderstood, I must clarify that when I said I believe in the Shichida Method, I mean what Prof Shichida do ... & not what the local franchisee does, even in their classrooms.
After all, I've yet to even commence class with Seamus at Shichida.

A good friend of mine told me this ... his 2 kids attended Shichida for a year each & although he concedes that they were able to do things earlier than their peers, my friend is not convinced that his 2 kids would not still achieve this without any Shichida training.
In Seamus' GUG class, there are also a couple of kids who attends Shichida on a weekly basis ... for no less than a year already. However, I've not seen anything in these kids to suggest they are now any more intelligent or competent tha my Seamus.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

chuaeil said:
But too bad LNT dont have trial neither Shichida. :(
So what is your point of view. Chose Shichida?
You asking for my view?
Hahahaha ... thought I already said I signed Seamus up for class, which will commence next month?
Anyway, before I make that decison, I did make a very thorough comparison between Shichida, Little Neuro Tree & Glenn Doman.
More significantly, I need to stress that I'm sending Seamus there ... to see if they will identify him as a genius & not hoping for them to train him into a genius. Fundamentally, I am still of the belief that geniuses are born & not trained ... just like we'd never see another Lee Kuan Yew or Fandi Ahmad.

chuaeil

Before I get misunderstood, I must clarify that when I said I believe in the Shichida Method, I mean what Prof Shichida do ... & not what the local franchisee does, even in their classrooms.
After all, I've yet to even commence class with Seamus at Shichida.

A good friend of mine told me this ... his 2 kids attended Shichida for a year each & although he concedes that they were able to do things earlier than their peers, my friend is not convinced that his 2 kids would not still achieve this without any Shichida training.
In Seamus' GUG class, there are also a couple of kids who attends Shichida on a weekly basis ... for no less than a year already. However, I've not seen anything in these kids to suggest they are now any more intelligent or competent tha my Seamus.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

You asking for my view?
Hahahaha ... thought I already said I signed Seamus up for class, which will commence next month?
Anyway, before I make that decison, I did make a very thorough comparison between Shichida, Little Neuro Tree & Glenn Doman.
More significantly, I need to stress that I'm sending Seamus there ... to see if they will identify him as a genius & not hoping for them to train him into a genius. Fundamentally, I am still of the belief that geniuses are born & not trained ... just like we'd never see another Lee Kuan Yew or Fandi Ahmad.
For me i dont see it as i want my child to become genius, i am more to point of view like prepare her for the future cos is too stuff for them so i feel that i should do something for her rather than wait for things to happen. In another word get her foundtation ready. Hope you understand what i mean. Whether will she become a genius nobody will knows. I concentrate on input rather than output now coos as what Glenn Doman said dont stree yourself and kids and have faith in it. As long as there is input rather then no put. haha.... I believe evry child is unique wejust need to guide them and help them to find their path get ready i mean. And all this training is also creating a habit for them and let them know that learning is fun. Cos i relaised that alot of parent is so afraid that their kid will stress out but i dont see why as a parent yourself also think that sending them to course is a stress thing. I want my child to know that learning is fun so from young to old we all are still learning new thing so dont you think they have to change their mind concept if not next time the kid will think oh my god study again!!!
For me i dont have a habit to read books so i know is a habit. This is just an example. I am still thinking Shichida or LNT. hai....

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
chuaeil said:
For me i dont see it as i want my child to become genius, i am more to point of view like prepare her for the future cos is too stuff for them so i feel that i should do something for her rather than wait for things to happen. In another word get her foundtation ready. Hope you understand what i mean. Whether will she become a genius nobody will knows. I concentrate on input rather than output now coos as what Glenn Doman said dont stree yourself and kids and have faith in it. As long as there is input rather then no put. haha.... I believe evry child is unique wejust need to guide them and help them to find their path get ready i mean. And all this training is also creating a habit for them and let them know that learning is fun. Cos i relaised that alot of parent is so afraid that their kid will stress out but i dont see why as a parent yourself also think that sending them to course is a stress thing. I want my child to know that learning is fun so from young to old we all are still learning new thing so dont you think they have to change their mind concept if not next time the kid will think oh my god study again!!!
For me i dont have a habit to read books so i know is a habit. This is just an example. I am still thinking Shichida or LNT. hai....
Good to know that you know exactly what you want from sending your kiddo to such classes.
Too many parents just do it ... for the sake of doing it.
Take your time to consider ... your kiddo still young anyways, maybe I give you more of my 2 cents' worth after I've experienced Shichida with my boy.

chuaeil

Good to know that you know exactly what you want from sending your kiddo to such classes.
Too many parents just do it ... for the sake of doing it.
Take your time to consider ... your kiddo still young anyways, maybe I give you more of my 2 cents' worth after I've experienced Shichida with my boy.
Yeah that will be a great help. Thank you so much....
Looking forward to hear from you soon. :wink:

CanCanMum

Hi,
i intend to sent my girl to GUG or JG but both are quite expensive. What is the best age to sent her cos don't want to waste my money. I was thinking 1 or 2 yr. Or any recommendation similar to the both sch? Thank you very much.

Cheers
Eileen
wow....very lengthy discussion about early childhood education here.....chuaeil sure did a lot of homework on this ya?

my opinion is just do what u dink is good for your own kids.

perhaps read up the developmental stages for babies till toddler to decide when is the best time for them to be exposed to new learning opportunities or the best will be yourself to judge.

my boy's "pattern" as your guide: (cannot remember his babyhood days....hahahhaha)

1) 13months onwards - happy kiddo juz learning how to walk on his feet.

2) 18months - started displaying some interests in learning

3) 24months - still babbling - not really talking human language yet

4) 30months - speaking like a PRO out of sudden

so i let him attend those playgroup little tots after he has learnt how to speak properly.

5) at current - still undecided if i should send him to anything else besides his normal nursery classes. Will see if he started developing any interests anywhere before i decide.

chuaeil

wow....very lengthy discussion about early childhood education here.....chuaeil sure did a lot of homework on this ya?

my opinion is just do what u dink is good for your own kids.

perhaps read up the developmental stages for babies till toddler to decide when is the best time for them to be exposed to new learning opportunities or the best will be yourself to judge.

my boy's "pattern" as your guide: (cannot remember his babyhood days....hahahhaha)

1) 13months onwards - happy kiddo juz learning how to walk on his feet.

2) 18months - started displaying some interests in learning

3) 24months - still babbling - not really talking human language yet

4) 30months - speaking like a PRO out of sudden

so i let him attend those playgroup little tots after he has learnt how to speak properly.

5) at current - still undecided if i should send him to anything else besides his normal nursery classes. Will see if he started developing any interests anywhere before i decide.
ya have to see the progress.... thats why input is very impt than no put... You wont know now adays kids are too smart and can give you suprise out of the sudden. haha....

CanCanMum

No no have to wait cos you need to enroll her when the time is right... cannot anyhow one. Hey i dont have your email add how to sent you the data?
precisely mah...i hint hint u at 18months u neb get it?

"ya have to see the progress.... thats why input is very impt than no put... You wont know now adays kids are too smart and can give you suprise out of the sudden. haha...."

u neb open yr eyes arh...

my signature got mah...lols!!

cancanmum@hotmail.com

i need try and see if the card can go thru the manual slot unstuck tomorrow. If success den can mass produce hor.

chuaeil

precisely mah...i hint hint u at 18months u neb get it?

"ya have to see the progress.... thats why input is very impt than no put... You wont know now adays kids are too smart and can give you suprise out of the sudden. haha...."

u neb open yr eyes arh...

my signature got mah...lols!!

cancanmum@hotmail.com

i need try and see if the card can go thru the manual slot unstuck tomorrow. If success den can mass produce hor.
lol.... orh ok you let me vs sms or can call me also. hehe

yan2

Hi,
i intend to sent my girl to GUG or JG but both are quite expensive. What is the best age to sent her cos don't want to waste my money. I was thinking 1 or 2 yr. Or any recommendation similar to the both sch? Thank you very much.

Cheers
Eileen

you can try gracekids in great world city. good comments too.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
chuaeil said:
yan2 said:
you can try gracekids in great world city. good comments too.
oh i heard abt that ok ok will check it out too.
Grace Kids are the same people running My Gym as well.
Their pre-school program is also play-based ... teaching no other special skills at all.