anybody using skincare products commonly found at watsons?

pink_daisy

hi all,

anybody who has tried brands like bio-essence, garnier, olay etc... those off the shelves skin care products which can be easily found at watsons? are they as good as those expensive brands? pls share. tx.

tracyk

i usually get my Bod organic skincare stuff at Watsons. my favourite is the anti-aging eye serum :001_302:. the serum is very soft and rich, and it works really well on my fine lines. it's been more than a month and i can see the fine lines disappearing.

however, it's considered a little on the costly side even though it's available at watsons. it's $68 for 50ml, but it works! so it's totally worth it...

diymummy

I've tried Garnia. I don't really like it. It's not strong enough for my face so it doesn't clean my face as well.

I've also tried Vichy sold at Watson's. That one's not too bad. But my face still get pimples.

In the end I went for Biotherm. No longer using off the shelf products at Watson's.

Ting

hmmmm i dun really use skin care products..
so far only using the toner from muji n organic aloe gel for moisturiser.

pink_daisy

i saw on tv those adv on skincare products like bio-essence, garnier, olay, loreal, follow me n wonder if they are effective or not..

Ting

i think its up to individual.
like some ppl can use cheaper range of products n its good for them, but for some, they need to use more expensive kind.
guess u need to trial n error b4 u find one tt is suitable for u. :)

PinkDiamonds

Agree with Ting.

You need to know what is your skin type (eg: Dry, Oily, Combination) before you try out these products. I did use products like Avene, which were really good for me, although it might cost a bit more than the other brands. However, now I have "upgraded" as I found some other products which are better.

You may have to spend quite a bit of money at the beginning to "experiment" and see which products work better for you. What works for one may not work for you, despite how great the reviews may be. You can look out for these products in travel size and try them first, so that you don't waste money.

Also, please don't be persuaded by all these sales people claiming how good their products are. You must try it for yourself first.

Ting

Agree with Ting.

You need to know what is your skin type (eg: Dry, Oily, Combination) before you try out these products. I did use products like Avene, which were really good for me, although it might cost a bit more than the other brands. However, now I have "upgraded" as I found some other products which are better.

You may have to spend quite a bit of money at the beginning to "experiment" and see which products work better for you. What works for one may not work for you, despite how great the reviews may be. You can look out for these products in travel size and try them first, so that you dont't waste money.

Also, please dont't be persuaded by all these sales people claiming how good their products are. You must try it for yourself first.
yes i agree!
i rmb when i was younger, prob abt 16 or 17, this lady "con" me into buying a more expensive facial product!
i wanted to get the t3 brand to try since my gf intro, but she saw me deciding within which range n keep persuading me to buy her product, think is J&J but it was like 40-50 bucks i tink? keep saying J&J is known brand so very good n effective while the t3 is no good. so end up i stupidly buy...n it has no effect! i went ahead to buy t3 n it was good enough!
so now when ppl ask me if i need help, they wanna intro or how gd their products r, i just say i hv been using this product n i know which is good for myself (sometimes just anyhow say so they will go away. lol)

btw, my mum also uses avene n she say pretty good for her.

msblur

yes i agree!
i rmb when i was younger, prob about 16 or 17, this lady "con" me into buying a more expensive facial product!
i wanted to get the t3 brand to try since my gf intro, but she saw me deciding within which range n keep persuading me to buy her product, think is J&J but it was like 40-50 bucks i tink? keep saying J&J is known brand so very good n effective while the t3 is no good. so end up i stupidly buy...n it has no effect! i went ahead to buy t3 n it was good enough!
so now when ppl ask me if i need help, they wanna intro or how good their products r, i just say i have been using this product n i know which is good for myself (sometimes just anyhow say so they will go away. lol)

btw, my mum also uses avene n she say pretty good for her.
Hi all,

Am using Nuskin products. I like them coz' they are water based, so nt harmful to our skin. Anyone wana try their products, i dun mind to do a spree loh.