Anyone Been to Taiwan?

xiaodaisy

u going?? aniwae now tv got show on where to go on taiwan find it quite useful.. maybe u can go see too..

JenLee98

Only been to Taipei b4 ..... :nah:
Would like to try their other outskirts area - farm stay, hot springs, etc......

Tks to main SPONSER - my mom!!!

we joined a tour agency for 7D6N taiwan tour dat covers taipei+kaosiong+hualian...Had a great time lo!!! but beri rush lor...tot of going again to taipei oni & take our own sweet time there! [hvnt went to all e nite markets yet!] {Drooling}:tlaugh:
Xi Men Ding - Main central area for ppl to do shopping, clubbing & dining...[but their fashions aint cheap at all lo..sm brands are same or evn more ex den us!]:001_302:

Tks to main SPONSER - my mom!!!

we joined a tour agency for 7D6N taiwan tour dat covers taipei+kaosiong+hualian...Had a great time lo!!! but beri rush lor...tot of going again to taipei oni & take our own sweet time there! [hvnt went to all e nite markets yet!] {Drooling}:tlaugh:
Xi Men Ding - Main central area for ppl to do shopping, clubbing & dining...[but their fashions aint cheap at all lo..sm brands are same or even more ex den us!]:001_302:

Sheree

I am currently staying in Taiwan but mine is more to Tainan side. Yes the night market here are quite big and there are alot of things to shop and snack to eat.
I usually go to Kaohsiung as it is nearer to my house. As for Taipei, I still have no chance to go there as it will require 6 hours drive from my house to Taipei. Kaohsiung itself got alot of things to shop like Xin Jue Jiang, Liu He night market, Ai He (scenary) and Cijin (for seafood) etc....The dream mall at Kaohsiung is huge too.

sweety

Hi Sheree,

Do u know where is the Duty Free Shop in Taiwan? :001_302:

Also, where to find those trendy fashion bags in Taiwan cos I'm a bag lover.

Sheree

Hihi, so far I only take plane from Kaohsiung Airport and only know there's a duty free shop there. The rest I am not so sure yet as I stayed here less than 6 months only. But as for bags, I usually grab mine from the night market. Only less than $5 per bag....good buy. :tlaugh:

Sheree

Yes, the bags here are really cheap and unique. The same goes for watches too. Now, they are changing the season, thus a lot of sale right now. A decent top or a evening dress only cost $5 each....:tlaugh:

Mummy Yvonne

We are planning to go with my 16 months old son next March. Any good recommandation of areas that are suitable for children to go?

Sherre u going when... me going too... but i'm going on 30nov...
wonder anybody can tell me :

-- where's the 'must go' places
-- what's the weather in taiwan on 30nov - 3dec
-- where's the best buy for clothes as i read that the fashion are quite ex
-- where's the best but cheapest 'wen quan' that i should visit
-- what clothes should i bring there? winter clothing (as i heard that it might be quite cold) or normal (singapore everyday wear)

would be very glad if somebody can help me on this as it's my 1st time going... :tlaugh:

Sheree

Hi all,

There are alot of sales going now as they are changing seasons.Think the sale will end ard end Nov bah. Haha I just got boots less than $20 each pair, preparing for the coming winter. Down here is getting colder. The temp is around 22degree to 26degree depending on the locations. Remember to bring extra jacket and keep your baby warm if you are bringing them along.:tlaugh:

As for the wen quan, I am not too sure as I just started staying here for around 6 months and have not been to taipei yet. Sorry.

sweety

Thanks Sheree,

Can't wait to go for my trip in another 2 weeks' time. :)

Now, I dunno how much should I change for the TWD currency cos I heard tat is difficult to find money changer in Taiwan. Is it??

Mummy Yvonne

Me going to Taipei in Jan 08. Is it winter at that time?

Sweety, do keep us update aft u return fr Taiwan. I heard the clothes sales is based on the season. Which means if i go in Jan, they only sell winter clothes? :eek:

Sheree

For the TW currency, it should be around $100 sin dollars = $2150 TWD. Think in two weeks time, the weather here will be cold. Now is around 25 degree already. Enjoy your stay in Taiwan. :tlaugh: