Anyone Been to Taiwan?

jaynshar

Went to Taipei on 2006..
really loves their themepark there..bt too exciting fr me liao
Shopping-will recommend..WU FEN PU..lots of ladies stuff there
Dun go xi men ding to buy stuff..their stuff r expensive
can go to those ulu ulu nite market...stuff r cheap...

jaynshar

Me going to Taipei in Jan 08. Is it winter at that time?

Sweety, do keep us update aft u return fr Taiwan. I heard the clothes sales is based on the season. Which means if i go in Jan, they only sell winter clothes? :eek:
Hi,
I went to TW on the mth of Jan...beri cold..winter season..n they only sell winter clothes,long sleeve...beri little of those normal clothing..

Endoh

Alpha Male
Hi,

Sure update you all when I m back from Taiwan. Looking forward for my trip. :Dancing_wub:
Drop me a line if you wish, I can introduce some Taiwan friends to you. Maybe these ladies will be able to tell you where are the spots you can visit but not mentioned by the tour groups usually.

Most of them are in Taipei though. :tlaugh:

sweety

Hi Endoh,

Yes, it would be great... pls introduce your Taiwan friends to me cos I like to do my homework before going for my holiday. :Dancing_tongue:

In fact, my Tour Consultant has pre-arranged for me to fly over to Taipei and for the 1st 2 days are free & easy before joining the 5 days package tour. :001_302:

hi Endoh

yeah it would be great if u could introduce your taiwan friends to me too as I'm also doing my homework... ahhahaha :tlaugh:

Leanne

Taiwan, you need to spend more than 5 days there.

Even 7 days are not enuff for me. HAHA.

Taipei like Xi Men Ding, Shi Lin night market is a must go :)

P.S : Hoping to go Taiwan by next yr :D

sweety

Hi,

I'm back from Taiwan. It was a bit cold and the sky was gloomy everyday cos I dun see any sun. It was raining almost everyday when I was in Taiwan. So better to bring sweater along.

Went to several night markets, famous shopping ares, famous sightseeing areas, etc... in Taipei.

Shilin is good for eating cos a lot of local foods over there. As for shopping, recommended place is Wu Fen Pu cos now they are clearing Summer clothings so a lot on sale...S$5 onwards per pc... Even clothings at Shilin are from Wu Fen Pu cos is a wholesale area. But must be prepared to walk a lot cos abt 1500 shops over at Wu Fen Pu. :tlaugh:

Jas Lim

Hi,

I'm back from Taiwan. It was a bit cold and the sky was gloomy everyday cos I dun see any sun. It was raining almost everyday when I was in Taiwan. So better to bring sweater along.

Went to several night markets, famous shopping ares, famous sightseeing areas, etc... in Taipei.

Shilin is good for eating cos a lot of local foods over there. As for shopping, recommended place is Wu Fen Pu cos now they are clearing Summer clothings so a lot on sale...S$5 onwards per pc... Even clothings at Shilin are from Wu Fen Pu cos is a wholesale area. But must be prepared to walk a lot cos abt 1500 shops over at Wu Fen Pu. :tlaugh:
sound interesting...me looking forward my trip this coming sunday:Dancing_wub:

sweety

Hi Endoh,

:nah:, din manage to meet up with her cos she was busy. We did msn each other when I was in Taichung.

sweety

Hi Jas,

Enjoy your trip and shopping. Sure you will have a great time in Taiwan. Remember to bring an umbrella along cos it drizzle almost everyday when I was there. Also, bring a sweater too to keep yourself warm. But if you are in the night markets, you will sweat. :)

Remember to go to Wu Fen Pu...

When I was there, I took almost all their public transport...MRT, bus & taxi... :tlaugh:

XiaoXue

Woah~ After reading.. I felt like flying back to Taiwan again~! My last 7 days trip I only hang ard @ Taipei~ =X

Jas Lim

Hi Jas,

Enjoy your trip and shopping. Sure you will have a great time in Taiwan. Remember to bring an umbrella along cos it drizzle almost everyday when I was there. Also, bring a sweater too to keep yourself warm. But if you are in the night markets, you will sweat. :)

Remember to go to Wu Fen Pu...

When I was there, I took almost all their public transport...MRT, bus & taxi... :tlaugh:
Thanks Sweety, think I dun have much chance to take their public transports as we go on package tour. Wu Fen Pu is included in my trip. My 2 sons already look forward on this coming sunday flight....:Dancing_wub:

Last edited:

sweety

Hi Jas,

If u go to Wu Fen Pu, drop by Rao He Night Market. Over there, u can find a lot of things on sale as well. :)

Enjoy...

Endoh

Alpha Male
Hi Endoh,

:nah:, din manage to meet up with her cos she was busy. We did msn each other when I was in Taichung.
Oh haha. That's a pity then. Actually there's another bunch of taiwanese friends but I didn't introduce to you coz of location clash. While you were in Taiwan, the dancers were in Singapore preparing for the Ah Mei concert.

Bbox

Hi Jas

I am intending to bring my 2 kids plus my parents to Taiwan next yr in March.

Can I know which tour agency you joined and is it good? Is it very very rush and do you have to get up very early? I very worried that my 2 kids cannot take it.

I am thinking of joining tour agency and then extending a day or two in taipei itself.

Thanks!