Anyone can recommend some recipes for toddler??

athenaso

Hi, I am a SAHM with 3 kids, 4 yrs old girl, 2 yrs old boy & 5 mths old girl, #1 & #2 are very fussy eater, thing worst that both of them allergy to some dairy products & nuts....so, I am out of idea on what to cook for them, except the porridge with carrot,broccoli, fish,potato and chicken which when myself see on it, also no mood to eat!!so, both of them seems spit out the food more frequently lor.....cos lots of food they dun take, so, it limits the ingredients for me to add on....sigh... so guilty!!!
pls help me!!!

Thanks & regards,
Athena

jaymumys

Hi, I am a SAHM with 3 kids, 4 yrs old girl, 2 yrs old boy & 5 mths old girl, #1 & #2 are very fussy eater, thing worst that both of them allergy to some dairy products & nuts....so, I am out of idea on what to cook for them, except the porridge with carrot,broccoli, fish,potato and chicken which when myself see on it, also no mood to eat!!so, both of them seems spit out the food more frequently lor.....cos lots of food they dun take, so, it limits the ingredients for me to add on....sigh... so guilty!!!
pls help me!!!

Thanks & regards,
Athena
Oh Dear! I can understand how you feel.......
I'm not sure whether how adventurous and whether how allergy are your children. But I do hope the below can help you somehow or rather.
Pls omit whatever that you tink that not suitable for them.
For 4 years & 2 years recipes.

================================================================

1) Fried Rice In Ketchup (The recipe will results rice to be alittle sweet and not those typical fried rice that we always eat)

Ing:
-Cooked Rice , Ketchup, Sugar, Superior soya sauce/salt, sliced Crabmeat/ Fishcakes, Corn Kernels (Frozen Type), Thinly sliced Cabbage/spinach/bai choi, Small Silver Fish, Eggs, Chopped yellow onion/garlic

• Heat the pan with alittle of olive oil put alittle bit of chopped yellow onion/garlic.
• Pour in the the cooked rice, then stir fry it for a while.
• Add in the thinly sliced vegetables then stir fry.
• follow by the ketchup and stir fry again.
• Add some sugar and salt and stir fry. (Pls taste to get what u want)
• Then after when u get the taste, add in the sliced crabmeat/fishcakes.
• Then follow by the corn kernels.
• Scoop up the fried rice and put it into rice cooker.

Next:
• Beat the eggs and mixed abit of water.
• Pour it in, in between keep stiring the eggs so that it'll become scrambled eggs.
• Stir up and mix into the rice cooker with the rest of earlier rice.

Last: Pan fry the silver fish lightly in a smaller pan with minimal olive oil and make it brown and crispy.

Then top up the rice with the crispy silver fish. (Silver fish and known to be good for bones and iron and eyes).

2) Angel's Hair With Tomatoes As Base

Ing:
Big tomatoes, Salt, Balsamic Herb(Optional), Maggie Ketchup, Sugar, Garlic Clove, Angel's Hair Spaghetti, Minced Pork/ Chicken, thinly sliced Sausages, cube Crabmeat

• Chopped up the tomatoes and boil it in a pot with minimal water
• After boiling, seperate the paste and puree. Discard the skin.
• In another pan, add in chopped garlic and some olive oil.
• Stir fry it, add in the paste. Then followed by the Ketchup.
• THen Salt and Sugar to taste and some water.
• Add in the Minced Pork/ Chicken and cooked it.
• Add in sausages/crabmeat
• Lastly add alittlie of Balsamic Herb to make it fragant.(Optional)

• Boil the spaghetti seperately.

To Serve, put the readily cooked sauce with ing onto the spaghetti.
And if your kid still fussy, add abit of japanese mayonaise.

* japanese mayonaise are lighter and not as oily as american type.
Plus it's more healthy and almost minimal trans fat, therefore no worry to let your child eat it occasionally. After all, all mummies concern is to have their child to pick up eating and cut down whatever unnecessary later.

3) Minced Pork/Chicken with Pickles (Topped with Rice)
Ing: Minced Pork/Chicken, AAA Pickles, Tofu (Optional since ur kid is allergy), Superior Soya Sauce, Dash of Pepper, Water

• Scoop some of pickles, chopped it up.
• Put into a low ceramic bowl with the chopped pickles.
• Add in Tofu(If u can), then add some soya sauce.
• Dash of peper and alittle water.
• Put into steamer
• Serve when toothpick comes out clean when prick into the steamed food.

Hope you like the above. Those are some of the things that I've been cooking for my son since
he's abt 15-18 months. He's already turning 36months in october.
Eating well and has never been picky on his food. From Fish to meat to Veg. He eats all.
Except some paste food.:)

Last edited:

CanCanMum

hi,

do they like tomatoes? For my son on weekends, we both enjoyed eating together this simple meal. He even 'helped' to prepare.

Just place 2 into a mixing bowl, beat it. Add chopped tomatoes, 2 small ones or 1 big one will do. Add some salt and pepper. Beat it and then fry it. Then stir fry some noodles or rice for the carbohydrates and its done! Tasty and easy, proteins and vitamins rich. Eggs tasted with a bit of sweetness. Try it one of those days?

dur30cat

Hi Athena,

At that age, they are looking more for variety and texture. My going to be 3yr old niece loves crunch and bite.

So bake spring rolls (with stir fried meat shreds, beansprouts, carrots, lettuce etc wrapped into it) works really well.

Or rice with mushrooms, chicken shreds, mixed peas stirfrys. Likewise, beehoon stirfry also works.

I also make food into little pots so she finds them cute enough to want to eat.

Hope this helps,
Em

fctjones

A really simple recipe is cutting ordinary bread with an animal shaped cookie cutter. The kids will love it!

camom

Must the food u cook be the same for all 3? If need, then I'll suggest cooking a stock as a base. U can ladle out the amt to cook porridge for the youngest one (if she's already on semi solids). U can add more ingredients to the soup to cook for the elder ones after that.

How abt simple sushi? U can get the cutie moles from Daiso. Food toppings n such can be purchased from supermarkets like cold storage & ntuc. Even the sushi vinegar can be purchased in a pack from supermarkets now.

How abt mini burgers?

Last edited: