Anyone confinement done by mom or mil?

hpoo

Hi All

Anyone's confinement done by mom or mil? How much did you pay them?

Also, i heard we have to give 2 ang-baos to the CL ~ 1 on the 1st day of confinement and 1 on the last day of confinement? Is this true? How much did you give?

Thanks

Hazel

Hi,

My mom and MIL had done confinement for me. Basically I pay $1000, this include taking care of me and buying the food (meat, chicken, fish etc) to cook for me. My mom will go medical hall to pack all the neccessary herbs to boil for me to drink and I pay her separately for those.

-hn

hpoo

Wow, so shiok !! Your MIL is so good hor.

For me, my mom is doing my confinement so i wanna make sure i'm not paying her too little. I plan to give her an angbao of S$800 (on the last day of confinement) then another S$800 for the food & herbs. Do you think it's too little?? My colleague suggested giving S$1.2k angbao wor but can't afford leh :(

Velvenie

My mil do for me. We give her an ang pao $200. She buy everythg and cook for me. She don't want our $$$ as well:tlaugh:

Hazel

Actually, the $ is just a token lor. I guess most mothers or in law do not mind how much you give them...but I guess it's the thought that kinds lah...just give what you can afford...don't be so bothered by what other says or think.....just go with your heart...

Mrs ET

My mum helped me with my confinement.. We gave her $450 every month and on the last day of my confinement, I gave her an ang bao (I forgot how much I gave).. Cuz her fren say muz give her the ang bao, something like to "wash away the dirty things" ba.. Anyway I dun mind giving her extra be it wat reason lah..

DodoTan

My mom and aunt took turns to help me with my confinement. Bought everything and refused $$ from me. Got scolding for offering to give them $$.

CanCanMum

my mum did my conf for me for a week before my mil (shes from KL) came, she then took over the rest of my conf. I reimbursed (hahaha is it the right word???) my dad and mum all expenses from buying fish, meat, kampong chicken etc (thats a lot, close to $1000) and then gave my mum + dad angbao ($200 each) and also some groceries and stuff. My mil say no need and towards the end of the confinement she struck lottery (1st prize) so she say god gave her already...kekeke...so all in all spent around $2k during the confinement. But during 1st mth baby showers got some incoming angbaos so more or less even out...

i gave my mom $3k after the end of confinement coz she did everything and paid for all the food and groceries during the whole month.

considering that a confinement lady is already $2K, i think mom deserves more.

hnfarin

My MIL knows nothing about confinement, sad... but my mum was great, she know i'm afraid of ginger and she tried all ways to cook food with ginger but witout the smell, e.g friend the ginger or so... knows my appetite and cook all good food with tonics to make sure i'm well taken care of n eat happily each during confinement, did not manage to gv her much coz hub only earn 1,5k per month n i'm not working at all since pregnancy... what i think is best is to communicate well with mum so that she'll know what u wanna eat n ry to cook suitable food for u.

badtzzz

my mom and my aunt is helping out with me during my confinement mth nw..hhaha..currently gave them 300 each...then probably at e end 200 each so totally 1K...i think is cheaper than those CL and i felt more comfortable cos my mom n aunt knows wat i like best :) and theyonly use e $$ to buy food...wan me to save more for my baby furture education blahz blahz...

wenz

my MIL do the confinement for me.. we did not give her any money cos she dun wan... but i did not eat much as well... 1 dish a day w/o rich can eat for lunch and dinner... i dun take much tonic so i ask her dun much... but this time round i'm thinking of giving her some money.... dunno how much yet~

oblong

My parents did my conf for me. We gave them abt 2k as an angbao. Parents don't want money. They just want to feel appreciated and that we care for them. What we give is jus to 'reimburse' whatever they have bought (they bought a lot of tonics, some of which can be very costly), and also as tradition (wash away the bad luck). But the care and concern they showered can never be 'paid' off.......

CanCanMum

yes u r right de....

our parents are the GREATEST PPLE ON EARTH!

i still rem my mum took care of my boy that time....coz i canx handle him at all....crying in the middle of the night...and she din sleep for that whole night.....she just asked me to rest and she sacrificed her own sleep for me....and my dad runs up and down several times a day to get all the things i need.....

MUMMY + PA PA = I LOVE U!

MaMa_P

All of you mummies very lucky.

MIL know how to cook for you.
For my confinement meal it is done by my husband grandma. MIL everything dun know. And on weekends, my mum will cook for me.

Everything is brought by my fil and mum.
Fil, grandma and mum does not want any ang pao from us. But MIL insist must give. And insist must give her too. When she only helps to put the baby clothing into the washing machine.

In the end, we gave the grandma $80, Fil $150, Mil $150 and mum $100.

Not alot. Because husb not earning much and i am not working too.