Anyone create a list of things to buy in preparation for the BB?

Judy

Hi

Does anyone of you here has made a list of things to buy in preparation of the baby? Eg. Things to buy for mummy to use and things to buy for baby to use? It will be even better if the price is also listed. :001_302:

Mrs Xie

Hi

Does anyone of you here has made a list of things to buy in preparation of the baby? Eg. Things to buy for mummy to use and things to buy for baby to use? It will be even better if the price is also listed. :001_302:
Hmm... I did make a list of all stuff that I need to buy during my pregnancy period, but sorry to say that I'd forgotten all prices. Mainly bought them at Kiddy palace cos it's a one-stop shop for all the things we need and some of the stuff I bought from Tom and Stephanie, quite cheap also. :001_302:

elaine01

Oh yes, I did! I went 'spot check' on the prices & spread out the items to be bought evenly every month. In the end many things passed down.

lml2402

Hmm... I did make a list of all stuff that I need to buy during my pregnancy period, but sorry to say that I'd forgotten all prices. Mainly bought them at Kiddy palace cos it's a one-stop shop for all the things we need and some of the stuff I bought from Tom and Stephanie, quite cheap also. :001_302:
Hi Mrs Xie,

Wanna ask u where is Tom and Stephanie located? :embarrassed:

mar_mum

Hi

Will you be gettin passed down stuff? Cos for bb especially nb, no need to get a lot of things. And they grow fast so clothes very fast outgrow.

Mrs Xie

Hi Mrs Xie,

Wanna ask u where is Tom and Stephanie located? :embarrassed:
lml2402, there're few branches around.... Woodlands civic centre, Westmall, errhh.... some others I've forgotten cos I go Woodlands frequently..... Yeah, its thru tat for newborn babies, u can use stuff that your relatives or friends pass down for you, unless u can't get any help from them. Oh, Im very superstitious de... better let your newborn put on old clothes in hospital when u gonna fetch her home Okie? But it's up to u whether u pangtang or not...... cos I choose to believe what my mom advised Lah... :shyxxx:

lml2402

lml2402, there're few branches around.... Woodlands civic centre, Westmall, errhh.... some others I've forgotten cos I go Woodlands frequently..... Yeah, its thru tat for newborn babies, u can use stuff that your relatives or friends pass down for you, unless u can't get any help from them. Oh, Im very superstitious de... better let your newborn put on old clothes in hospital when u gonna fetch her home Okie? But it's up to u whether u pangtang or not...... cos I choose to believe what my mom advised Lah... :shyxxx:
okie thanks alot :tlaugh::tlaugh:

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
'old' clothes are also more comfy for baby in my opinion... softer and nicer on baby's delicate skin. :)

priscilla

Babies outgrow very fast. In fact, I got lots of pass me down too. Just ask around friends. I only buy clothing for babies after 9 months and a couple of going out clothings.

My baby cot was from my sis-in-law and clothings comes from friends and relatives and they are more comfortable like what Jo said softer and nicer.

For mum, if go for natural birth
1) try to get a ring for sitting down during the first couple of days to prevent pain (it is like the swimming float, can be found at the pharmacy,
2) maternity menstruation pads
3) Big Ts or nursing wears
4) Nursing bra, etc

I cannot remember much now as it was more than 4 year ago, it will be good if for those mummies who have given birth recently to share.

Judy

So ladies, anyone of you have a comprehensive list of things to buy? Cos I have yet to work on the list and if anyone already made one...can share share here? :we3wubclub:

jennii

So ladies, anyone of you have a comprehensive list of things to buy? Cos I have yet to work on the list and if anyone already made one...can share share here? :we3wubclub:
hihi

i do have a list in excel form. my friend and I were pregnant around the same time hence i "soon biang" took her list. :wong30: too long to paste here. y not pm me ur email address. i email to u. but i dun hv the price list though.

bought all basic necessities at baby kingdom. nursing bras at mothercare. most of stuff all pass down.save alot!! :Dancing_wub:

mamemo

I did have a list in excel form, with prices and recommended places to buy...but the prices are 3 years old, since my kid is already 3 ;)

PM me if you are interested...I can email the document to you....

sherlin

Hi all,
I am a Dec 2007 MTB, i just bought all i need for me and DS for the first 3 months.

Here's my list as reference.

Baby
1 Chest of drawer for baby's stuff
4 sets of top and bottoms with front tie opening or buttons
5 baby rompers (becos they are cute and easy to change diapers with)
3 sets of mittens and bootees
6 pairs of socks (cheaper as they come in set of 6)
2 cotton head covers (1 small and 1 bigger in size)
4 baby T-shirts for home wear
1 dozen face towels for bath and feeding usage
2 baby bath towels
2 baby swaddling towel
1 MIM Sarong Sling
Baby changing Mat (Ikea)
Baby Cot (for my home)
Baby playpen (for nannies house, after my maternity leave)
2 Cot mattress cover (for interchanging)
Baby powder and dispenser, head to toe shampoo and baby body lotion
(Do not use those dispenser with the puff put into the powder directly... very unhygenic, pay a bit more to get a one with separator)
Kodomo Baby Laundry detergent
Drying rack for baby's clothes
Nappy rash barrier cream
Cotton balls for cleaning baby after poo poo
Wet tissues for travel and home use
Lu yi you
Ear Thermometer and extra batteries
Nail cutter
1 packet of Nepia newborn diapers
2 small milk avent milk bottles
2 spare teats (as you need to change them after 2 months of usage)
6 avent milk storage cups with lids (for storing EBM)
4 Bottle drying rack
Baby playmat of 12mm thickness
Stroller
Car seat
Bean sprout pillow
Baby mobile that plays music
Baby Lullably CD (stimulate baby brain and make baby sleep longer)
Baby cotton ear buds (will not use till really need to)
Safety 1st bathtub
Bottle brush with teats brush
Night light with dimmer for night nursing and diaper changing purposes.

Mother
2 Nursing bras
1 large pack of maternity sanitary pads
2 nursing tops
1 Avent ISIS Manual breast pump
Moms essential breast balm for cracked nipples
Moms essential bottom spray for Epi wound
Moms essential after delivery body foam and shampoo
1 large pack of 2 in 1 red dates drink mix
1 bottle of DOM (given by granny)
1 pack of Chicken of essence for pre delivery (energy booster)
1 set of pyjamas button down for hospital wear

Hope my list is helpful to all of you.

Judy

Hi Sherin

Thanks for the list and Wow!!!! What a long list it is. Up to now, I am still very lazy in getting started to buying bb's stuff. :shyxxx:

But I think I shall be doing so soon. Hope my bb won't blame me for being so lazy. :p

sherlin

No problem...
I learnt my lesson from my colleague when her baby suddenly popped at week 34 and she did not prepare much thus everything was so chaotic.

So i decided to prepare myself early just in case **Touch wood**
Its not wise to buy everything in one go too... you will sure blame yourself why buy from one shop when you can actually save tens of dollars....when you see the same items in another shop cheaper.
I starting buying bit by bit after checking all the prices in different shops when i hit week 30. I realised that some kids mall sell baby stuffs so much cheaper especially baby laundry detergent and body wash... Try IMM Kids mall....i saved nearly 12 bucks when i buy detergent, powder, baby wipes and baby wash there compared to Mothercare outlets, John little, kiddy palace...etc Tom & Stephanie is a great place to check out especially for baby's cot beddings. But don't buy the cheap clothings there... the stitches come out after a few wash (thats what my SIL claim)

Hope these tips work for you... Happy shopping

jennii

oh ya... dun keep shoppin for bb stuff n hospital stay things.

buy some stuff for confinement too.
tht time during confinement, i was pretty lost what i need.

basically, u need cotton wipes and some spirit (found in pharmacy, specifically for mothers) to wipe the stitches clean. the doctor might give, but wasnt enuff for me to use coz my stitches were quite long n took some time to heal.
i also bought white rice wine (bai mi jiu) to mix with warm water to wipe myself when the weather is horribly hot or i need to cool myself down.

and one more thing, read up more on how to take care of bb n what to expect. i was too busy shoppin n readin abt pregnancy tht i forgot to read (in-depth) on post natal, breastfeeding and baby care. =)

sherlin

Yeah....

Definitely must get stuffs for ourselves...we need some pampering after all we carry the child for 9 months leh.

Are you getting a confinement lady after your delivery?