anyone diagnose with PCOS?

sharkles

Hi there..

I was diagnosed with PCOS for several years and back then i brushed it aside as i was just 18YO and was single. I knew that it was a condition that attributed to my weight gain, horrible skin and excessive hair growth. Fast forward today, i have done a surgery to remove cyst from my ovary and the gynae did some procedure that was suppose to help PCOS patients ovulate ( I think it is puncturing holes in the ovary or something or that sorts).

I used to be on BCP to regulate my menses and i could only treat the symptoms of my PCOS (e.g. waxing for hair growth, diet and skincare for skin). Unfortunately exercise only got me 'fitter' but not so much weight loss. Apparently it is a double edged sword to be overweight and have PCOS because you need to lose weight to solve the PCOS or solve PCOS to lose weight.

My husband and I are considering options for fertility since we know of this condition. I have yet spoken to any gynae yet. I did not really liked the gynae who did my surgery so i dont think i will be going back to her. I was hoping to hear from people who have battled with PCOS and what sort of treatment are they seeking, successful or non successful stories. I dont know if i should seek TCM? or should i go to a gynae and be prescribed with medication/surgery to attempt to conceive. I know IVF would be a costly procedure and a long commitment too.

Thanks in advance

Speyka

Hi ! I'm New here ,
I Went to KKH to check for my PAPsmear / ultrasound etc . And doctor said that I might have polycystic ovaries . Went for my blood test and next appointment will be in September . Been married for 7months and I now 23 turning 24 years old . My Menses didn't come for 1 month , and doctor gave me this dydrogesterone tablet not too sure is it the same as clomid tablet that all of you mention .. but I only can eat it after 3 months as I need to check if have Menses / pregnant .. I need some advise what should I do ? I feel a bit upset when I hear about it :( thank you ladies for reading my Long message :) <3

Kelly89

I hv PCOS problem. But i gt mensus on 26th May. Aft afew times of SI, my body started to feel changes. I checked normal GP n did UPT all shows negative. They gv bunch of medicines to tk. But none of dr did blood test for pregnancy or any scans.