Anyone drives during pregnancy?

Agnes Josephine

As above.

Care to share?

I drove thru'out my pregnancy & it's my dh who stopped me from driving when my tummy gets too big when about to deliver... :shyxxx:

LoVeS

erm last trimester isnt it abit hard to drive while ur tummy so big, blocking the steering wheel to turn?

spoonie

I drove to work everyday when I was pregnant… until I feel the contraction pain on a Friday… work half day and go KK.
The steerling wheel of my car is higher… so no prob when driving hehe

Pwiincess

Hihi! I'm currently in my 11th week - First Trimester. I was going into my practical driving lessons before I know I am pregnant. Issit okay to continue learning as my tummy is not so big now? Will the school forbid lessons for pregnant women?

star132

hihi, i drove all the way till end of my pregancy, steering wise, still ok.
i believe you all oso can do it.

elsie

Hihi! I'm currently in my 11th week - First Trimester. I was going into my practical driving lessons before I know I am pregnant. Issit okay to continue learning as my tummy is not so big now? Will the school forbid lessons for pregnant women?
hi pwiincess, it shld b alrite. i used to go for practical lessons when im pregnant and my instructor was aware of it. (fyi, mine is pte instructor so not so sure abt learning sch) mayb u shld inform ur instructor abt it so they wun b asking u to do the emergency brake which could affect the baby.. only when abt to take TP, will need a doc's letter to be excused from the e-brake and also to let the tester know b4hand.

XiaoXue

I'm not of legal age to drive yet when i was preggy~ =X
Hahaha~

But Elder sis drove thru out her pregnancy with her big baby tummy~ =D

pildough

k i'm bringing out this topic again. i'm 30 weeks and my gp just told me to stop driving even if i can push the seat back if the belly reaches the wheel. his rationale was when you drive, the feelings you get while on the road e.g. anxiety might trigger off hormonal changes within the womb that bb feels. and it's alot safer not to drive during the last trim. so i stopped anyway the seatbelt is getting way too uncomfortable..

what are your inputs, current mommies who are still driving?

Porukadotzu

k i'm bringing out this topic again. i'm 30 weeks and my gp just told me to stop driving even if i can push the seat back if the belly reaches the wheel. his rationale was when you drive, the feelings you get while on the road e.g. anxiety might trigger off hormonal changes within the womb that bb feels. and it's alot safer not to drive during the last trim. so i stopped anyway the seatbelt is getting way too uncomfortable..

i'm still driving around the house area on my last trimester.. but i dun wanna drive after i had meal coz i can not reach down to pull the seat nearer and not comfy coz my tummy can not bend...hehee:tlaugh:

SH74

i drove throughout my pregnancy too. and even now if my hubby go for biz trip, i'll drive out w my boy.

badtzzz

im currently in my 3rd trimester, and driving to work everyday. Sometimes had a very bloated feeling when driving but after a while i felt ok...my office to home is not a very long ride and nt likely to be caught in jams...kind of safer than taking public transport as not all Singaporeans r considerate as they squeeze the lift with you even though it's full, so i guess it's more or less the same when taking the MRT/bus during peak hrs.

You can buy seat belt stopper...:)

elohz

That right. You should stop driving especially when its already in your labor month. You will be experiencing more cramps that will made you uneasy while driving.

I was able to drive until the end of the 2nd trimester. I stopped on my 3rd trimester. My tummy was just too big that it blocks the steering wheel! :001_302: