Anyone eat macdonalds, pizzahut or kfc & took cold drinks during confinement ?

WinnieL

according to mother & mother-in-law.. not supposed to drink cold drinks lah. can only drink red dates drink.

but i cannot take it lah! so I do sneak some cold drinks (eg green tea, fruit juice) and water every now and then. :tlaugh:

haven't tried eating macs, pizza hut or kfc.. but mil did cook western food for me the other day. every day eat confinement food very boring!

sassylady

had macdonalds late in my confinement period. called for delivery in the middle of the night. upsized somemore. the craving was unbearable.

and also kfc. 2 pieces of fried chicken. with iced lemon tea. can remember that i was feeling so bloated that i made a glass of fruitylite. iced one somemore.

but all these were late in my confinement period tho.

apollo

i had mac breakfast the next day aft i delivered ds. hubby brought into the ward for me.. hehe...

i had macdonalds for lunch like a week after i delivered. hubby sneaked it back for me.

no sure about you ladies, but it was a little oily for me and so i drank a large glass of iced fruitylite that time.

imagine drinking two glasses of ice cold drinks that time. very shiok! :p

koala82

Cold drinks, fast food, zi char were a everyday treat for me.

MIL insist tat she will cook food for me and prohibit me from eating outside, not even hospital food.

MIL's confinement food are all tasteless that i hve to sneak out for a quickie fast food or zi char everyday. and that red dates drink were making me so thristy and upset that i had cold drinks like ice water, coke, green tea to make myself happier

after discharged from hospital, i want to wash hair and bathe, MIL dun allow. so woke up at 5am and have a great shower while the whole world is still asleep. in the day, under the pretext of going to see gynae for a post-natal checkup, went to have a good and relaxing hairwash with massage at the salon. MIL till now dun know my doing yet.. heee

Ashbaby

I only took Mac breakfast, my mom say can eat. But no cold drinks loh...... Anyway I just need to tahan another few more days!! :Dancing_wub:

jean1986

I'm jus 8 days into confinement n already succumbed to cold drinks ytd. but of coz when everyone is sleeping then I can drink. drank fruit juice though, should b healthy right..
me too wake up @ 6am jus to shower as mother in law doesn't allow. can only do it @ such timing. haha

llcyahoo

me!!! Haha my family doc asked hubby to bring me out walk walk during confinement cos i hv abit blue can feel like crying. scare of everyday eat sleep. So hubby will tell mum n confinement lady tat bring me to clinic but we went shopping but must be fast also. cos they will keep asking why so late, why so late. why this n tat!!!hide a bottle of cold water in my room drawer n refill every nite. haha. eat mcdonald when we r outside n ice cream. hehehe

JOANNA-

The weather is soooooooooooo hot somemore lor.. i still have to tahan for few more days to confinement over !!! :bsad:

sassylady

you ladies are lucky to step out of the house during confinement.

mine have to sneak back in during the middle of the night. poor hubby.

i dont know if it was my appetite problem or what, was so bloated after the comfort food that i resorted to drinking fruitylite. iced somemore.

sooo much comfort food. but have to eat late in the night. if not sure get nagging from the mil.

ate one and only fillet o fish throughout the whole month

not i kuai kuai ah but i just got no appetite

so might as well act like i kuai kuai listen to my hubby lorr

he happy i happy ~ yeah!

cocraze

After seeing all ur comments, i think I very kuai leh! I got Confinement lady cook for me. My MIL at home with me everyday. I don't mind eatin those Chinese traditional confinement food cos I quite like eating hose kidney and lean meat, meesua, Ginger type of food.

Never ate fastfood during confinement and the only cold drink drank was at hosp when the water cooled due to aircon in ward and my room. Did switch on the aircon so drinking red date tea And plain warm water was ok during confinement in Jan.

Only got bored of confinement food after 3 weeks... Hhehehe

i think there was once when i got this craving for carls junior and hubby had no choice but to buy for me.

soo sinful to eat that during confinement but i couldnt help it. had to drink lotsa water after that. and also fruitylite.

the serving a little too big for me to handle already. but it's very shiok! :p

sassylady

but you know eating confinement food all day long is very sians one.

i think i ate quite abit of junk food during my confinement period. but it's all late at night lah. sometimes eat too much that i resort to drinking fruitylite. all cold drinks somemore.

then in the end next day no appetite to eat. too much junk. opps. :X

cmeilim

i used PD and gynae visits to take baby out shopping. also drank cold fruit juice and yakult. i like ginger and stuff cooked in sesame oil, but not red vinegar. it's the heat and not able to wash hair and bathe daily that bothered me a lot, plus the overall lack of freedom and privacy. felt like i surrenderred control of my life to someone else. in the end, i ended my confinement early after 3 weeks. =)

july-winter

Wow u are all amazing to eat fastfoods during your confinement period.
U have all my salutes!

I did not eat much of confinement foods except the everyday food that u normally eat but yes drink only brown rice tea and brown fried rice with some lean pork with ginger on alternatives days only. My mil did not force me to eat confinement foods due to my daily trips to KKH and home for my baby was hospitalised for almost 3 weeks. she saw no point cooking these confinement foods for me as i often at KKH from morning to evening then hubby fetched me home and next day he sent me to KKH.. till my son was discharged on 21st day of my confinement period.

popsie

My mom didn't prepare traditional confinement food for me, but she did abstain from chicken & eggs for the first 12 days. I had only pork for the first 12 days. She didn't cook any ginger for me coz my daughter had mild jaundice and I am breastfeeding, so ginger would have made the jaundice worse.

The very night of the day I gave birth, I was so thirsty in the hospital and my mom forbid me to drink any water, but I caved in and drank some of the 7-Up that DH's Macdonalds meal came with. So far in my confinement, I can only drink red date tea, and unchilled apple juice. There were a couple of times I drank semi-cold orange juice coz I was just too thirsty!! My mom said I cannot take any cold drinks/fruits till 40 days, but I had enough - I am gonna take cold stuff at my baby's full month.

ling.er

Mac , KFC, Pizza ?? Lolx i wish i can ... I have 1 more wk + for my confinement over .. Til nw i haven even touch any cold drink or fast food .. As for bath i wipe body with herb water but i wash hair every day with normal warm water which my mum duno .. .. When my baby shower i think i will wana tk cold drink.. I so miss coke & lemon tea ^^

sassylady

i think i ate alot of junk food during my confinement. but that's all towards the end of it.

i had macs. potato chips. ice cream. fruitylite. coke. just plenty of cold stuff. because the weather was really hot.