Anyone eat macdonalds, pizzahut or kfc & took cold drinks during confinement ?

i realised there have been many different views about what we should take during confinement. i have heard of people going back to work one week after giving birth and they are still perfectly fine now.

but then again it all boils down to the person.

as long as you eat what you're supposed to eat and everything should be fine. a little junk food wont harm anyone (i think.) better than keep having the craving and unable to satisfy it right?

a little iced water or coke or even fruitylite wont do any harm especially in the crazy weather we have these days.

sassylady

hmm. on top of the junk food that i ate during my confinement, i did take supplements such as the waist tonic and also bottled birds nest once in a while.

but still, there's nothing more than a glass of iced cold soft drink at the end of a long hot day.

second that. on top of the junk food i ate during my confinement, i think my mil knows about it and thus made sure i ate plenty of health supplements.

she made sure i drank the waist tonic and also use herbs to wipe my body.

fang87

I'm 5th day into my confinement.. Guess what.. Just 3 hrs after my daughter was born, i am already craving for coke.. Due to empty stomach when my daughter was born.. And i vomited few times during delivery.. i asked for anti nausea medicine.. But the nurse don't allow.. The only way to stop myself from feeling nausea is to drink coke.. So hubby went to by for me and he also buy chocolate for me just in case I don't have any appetite.. When I was discharge home, the first thing i asked was to take a bath.. Using the herbs.. As usual.. My mother-in-law don't allow mi to eat this and that.. But hubby ask her what she let my younger sister-in-law eat when she give birth? She say nothing.. But hubby on fan for 5minutes and he off it.. As i was sweating and he also sweating.. And my mother-in-law also nag.. This time my sister-in-law say when mei come back.. she already on fan and bow at herself directly and you also never say anything.. Yupz.. I do eat fast food and had cold drinks too.. I never hire a confinement lady.. My confinement food is done by hubby before he went out for work..

residentmumi

i only had Macdonalds & Pastamania during my 38 weeks of pregnancy and never gain any weight during pregnancy either cause whatever I eat will be thrown out in less then 1 hour :(

confinement is not good either. i like kena stay in prison.....no cold drinks no nice food....under the watchful eyes of mother-in-law and hubby :(

Renzie

I had macdonalds during my confinement. But no cold drinks.

Even when I was in the delivery suite after labour, the nurse saw hubby giving me normal room temperature water, she quickly told him not to, and went to make milo for me. She says its too cooling.

Hubby's in laws say its not ok to blow fan, but its ok for air-con. So hubby only allow air con to be on if weather is too hot.

I choose to do my confinement at my parents' place instead of at the in laws to prevent too much conflicts. They'll probably say not to bath too often etc etc, but the weather was too hot and humid not to bath everyday. My parents don't bother me much unless I ask them for certain things.