Anyone going for/gone for babymoon in their 2nd trimester?

sunburst

Did not go when expecting my 1st, but when was about 4.5mths expecting my 2nd... DH had a company trip to US so I decided to tag along for shopping spree. Did not require any doctor letter to show the airline, but at US immigration we were questioned quite a fair bit as they were concerned tt I was planning to deliver & stay in US.

I had a fun time walking around on my own & doing loads of shopping! It was pretty cold so I had to layer my clothes as I didn't have any winter maternity clothes... Luckily I could still fit into my winter jacket but not buttoned all the way.

bunnymummy

Did not go when expecting my 1st, but when was about 4.5mths expecting my 2nd... dear husband had a company trip to US so I decided to tag along for shopping spree. Did not require any doctor letter to show the airline, but at US immigration we were questioned quite a fair bit as they were concerned that I was planning to deliver & stay in US.

I had a fun time walking around on my own & doing loads of shopping! It was pretty cold so I had to layer my clothes as I didn't have any winter maternity clothes... Luckily I could still fit into my winter jacket but not buttoned all the way.
Hi Sunburst, just wondering what you had to say in order to convince the immigration you had no intention of delivering in US? I've gotten the OK from my gynae to travel to US when I'm in my week 26-28, but I'm worried I'll be questioned a lot too! Really don't fancy a long interrogation, especially after enduring the long flight there! Hope you can share a bit more on your experience, thanks! :)

sunburst

Just be firm and straight forward about the purpose of ur trip to US.
For my case, told them I was accompanying my hubby who was attending a seminar (he had the official letter of invite with him to show them). Told them I definately not settling in US coz I have another son in SG tt my mum was looking after for me. Lol I also added tt I was looking forwad to buying lots of toddler & bb stuff coz it's cheaper to buy bb gap & old navy. Also I think tt coz I am working for the government tt may be why they let us go after seeing my immigration card.

bunnymummy

Just be firm and straight forward about the purpose of your trip to US.
For my case, told them I was accompanying my hubby who was attending a seminar (he had the official letter of invite with him to show them). Told them I definately not settling in US coz I have another son in SG that my mum was looking after for me. Lol I also added that I was looking forwad to buying lots of toddler & baby stuff coz it's cheaper to buy baby gap & old navy. Also I think that coz I am working for the government that may be why they let us go after seeing my immigration card.
Thanks for the helpful pointers! I wish I were going right away instead of 2 months' time! So ready for a holiday!

leelynn2006

I booked for Taipei will be going in another months time. Yeah really cant wait too...
Heard from Gynae there is something called Economy Class Syndrome. Basically we need to move abit and not stay in a position too long in order to prevent blood clots in legs.
wondering if any mummies has those leg warmers that helps blood circulation?
mayb u can PM me.
Nonetheless, Totally support the idea of goin Babymooning before bb arrive. mine wil be Jan 11..:)currently 23weeks will be getting letter frm Dr..

Cheers to all mummies happy holiday!!:Dancing_wub:

Thanks for the helpful pointers! I wish I were going right away instead of 2 months' time! So ready for a holiday!

Justina

wow, lynn, let's bake and do our homework before you go??

i went to Hong Kong during my second trimester. Yes, must get a letter from doctor because different airline will have different requirement. just move about when you can during the flight. everything will be fine! :)

leelynn2006

Hey Justina

How r u?? Sorry i might not be able to visit for a while as now i don hav car , My MIL needs to use it. also very busy wit work now..
Thanks for the advice abt the flight i will keep tat in mind! Cheers:Dancing_wub:
wow, lynn, let's bake and do our homework before you go??

i went to Hong Kong during my second trimester. Yes, must get a letter from doctor because different airline will have different requirement. just move about when you can during the flight. everything will be fine! :)

luvjoanne

i just came bk from my babymoon at Krabi. was quite a disatrous trip man! i had a serious case of UTI (urinary tract infection) that i had to be admitted to hospital immediately.

i went down to the beach on the second day for a swim, and after that, hubby went for massage while i waited for him. when i was waiting, i actually felt like urinating but i hold back as the toilets could be really dirty and i wanted to return to resort then relieve myself.. so after about 1 hr, we were back to the resort and to my horror, i couldnt relieve myself though i really felt the urge! i didnt think much and we went on to have our dinner and i tried again for a couple of times that evening but just couldnt relieve myself.

i started to drink more water, in hope to "force" the urine out. i tried all methods, from forcing, to relaxing and even whistling! but although i felt my bladder was really full, nothing could come out and i started feeling really uncomfy and start shivering when i attempt to urinate again and again.. seeing things aren't right, we contacted our gynae right away (and things made worse with super lousy mobile reception at krabi) and gynae told me to admit to local hospital immediately without delay.

we approached the reception to enquire abt nearest hospital, and they advised me against going to Krabi hospital as it is known to be the "lousiest, dirtiest" hospital in thailand district! they recommended me to either visit Phuket hospital (which was 3 hrs drive away) or visit a reputable clinic nearby (5 mins walk). we went to the clinic right away but to our horror, the clinic was closed early cos there wasnt any patients thus the dr has left!!! argggh.

we had no choice, but went back to the resort. the resort staff were really nice, they managed to locate a better hospital about 30 mins away, and without delay, they sent me there immediately. i was really in very much discomfort and pain, and breaking out in cold sweat and hubby was really worried. the driver actually dashed through red lights to rush to the hospital for my sake! was really thankful to them..

once at the hospital, i begged my hubby to ask the nurses/doctors to hurry up as i really couldnt wait. my bladder was literally bursting and my gynae did warn me that if the urine backflow to my kidney, it will lead to very serious infection and bladder might burst. was really scared to my wits.. and i also wonder if it'll affect my baby and if the procedure is safe and sterilized.

in the end, the doctor there reassured me that it is a sterilised procedure, and 100% safe for baby.. and the nurse inserted this tube all the way into my urinary tract, and pressed on my bladder to extract the urine out. u wont believe that they actually extracted near to a small pail of urine out (at least near to 1 litre i reckon) and the nurses were telling me no wonder i was so uncomfortable cos i had so much urine inside!

they cleaned me up, gave me painkillers but no antibiotics and they asked me to drink lots of water but i didnt dare! what if i drank and i couldnt pee? i had to be back at the hospital!

fortunately and surprised to the doctors, i was able to urinate as usual the next morning. was soooo relieved and happy!!

sigh. my hubby witnessed the whole process and was with me throughout, and when i was on the hospital bed crying and breaking out in cold sweat and grapping his hands so tightly, his tears almost flow too.

lessons learnt:

#1: when choosing location for baby-moon, try to find a place with reputable hospital in case of emergency. (i never had such UTI - urinary tract infection history).

#2: during pregnancy, try not to swim in the sea. i didnt listen to my sister's advice as i thought she was being superstitious in asking me not to swim in the sea.. but fact is, putting the superstition aside, sea water can be really dirty and containminated. i could have gotten the bacteria from my swim in the sea.

#3 (MOST IMPT): never, never, never hold your urine. i hold it back for an hour, and i suffered such pain that i might never need to go thru!!

cmeilim

hi luvjoanne,

am glad you are well now and both mummy and baby are safe! must have been traumatic!

yes, it is very impt to find a reputable hospital in case of emergency. i remember before went to phuket with #1 in my belly, i did research on all the hospitals in phuket, their reputation, even the driving distance from our hotel. it was fortunate we didn't have to use all that info while we were there, but it gave me peace being armed with those info no less.

aIDa81

#1: when choosing location for baby-moon, try to find a place with reputable hospital in case of emergency. (i never had such UTI - urinary tract infection history).

#2: during pregnancy, try not to swim in the sea. i didnt listen to my sister's advice as i thought she was being superstitious in asking me not to swim in the sea.. but fact is, putting the superstition aside, sea water can be really dirty and containminated. i could have gotten the bacteria from my swim in the sea.

#3 (MOST IMPT): never, never, never hold your urine. i hold it back for an hour, and i suffered such pain that i might never need to go thru!!

Thanks luvjoanne for sharing will keep this in mind, btw do u mind sharing which resort or hotelu stay..

luvjoanne

thanks cmeilim & mummy to baby very! yup, i'm fine now, just that still have to be on medication as UTI will keep coming back once u got it :(

aida81, i stayed at Ao nang paradise resort & long stay. now its the low peak season at krabi, it's really very empty on the streets.. when u dine at the restaurant, u feel as if u booked the whole place haha.

aIDa81

thanks cmeilim & mummy to baby very! yup, i'm fine now, just that still have to be on medication as UTI will keep coming back once you got it :(

aida81, i stayed at Ao nang paradise resort & long stay. now its the low peak season at krabi, it's really very empty on the streets.. when you dine at the restaurant, you feel as if you booked the whole place haha.
I see thanks dear!! wow long stay huh. reallyy babymoon...:Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

camom

Me!

For 1st baby, I went to Cairns & for the 2nd preggy, I went to Korea. I didn't get a letter from my gynae both times but I ran the plans through him 1st and got his green light though. In Cairns, I went snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef. For Korea, it was a package tour, so I did everything except the skiing.

My gynae said that you have to constantly move ur toes to prevent deep vein thrombosis and get up and walk ard in the plane if it's possible.