Anyone going to hire a new maid ?

veronica

Oh dear...I hope you have a good maid this time...

It seems the quality of the maid drops tremendously. But with no one to help take care of our children, sometimes we are at their mercy.

glitterMirage

my hubby suggested getting a maid when baby is going to be born. any suggestions??i am a working lady...and he said that i will tire myself out if i have bb as well.:embarrassed:

veronica

my hubby suggested getting a maid when baby is going to be born. any suggestions??i am a working lady...and he said that i will tire myself out if i have bb as well.:embarrassed:
It depends on what you want. Do you have close kins that can help to take care of the baby?

Personally if given a choice, I will not leave my young baby to a maid. Unfortunately I don't have a choice but I do have someone helping to pop by now and then to spy on the maid.

fairymama

Oh....i juz got a transferred maid last week. She is 31, married n have a 12 yr old boy. The reason for being transferred is cos the previous employer n she cannot communicate cos her english is really very poor.

For me as i work from home, so i can keep an eye on her and i normally use sign language to tell her wat 2 do :001_302:

geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz.....nowadays getting a good maid seems so difficult.

veronica

Oh....i juz got a transferred maid last week. She is 31, married n have a 12 yr old boy. The reason for being transferred is cos the previous employer n she cannot communicate cos her english is really very poor.

For me as i work from home, so i can keep an eye on her and i normally use sign language to tell her wat 2 do :001_302:

geeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz.....nowadays getting a good maid seems so difficult.

Totally agree.....

Mom72

I agree too. Nowadays quality of maid has gone down alot. Like what Veronica says, if you have anyone to help you, would be a better choice. Like me, I engaged a maid when I had my 2nd child but my mil is the main caregiver and the maid is there to help her out only.

spottycow

Yeah I agree it is hard to get a good maid. Mine has been with me for 4yrs. Sometimes she does get on my nerves, but I just close 1 eye. She is human after all and also have emotions. Now when I see that she is stress, I just leave her alone to do her own things. And things will be better after she calms down.

My sis in law however, is a serial maid firer. She tends to fire the maid as soon as her contract ends and then get a new one. Dunno how she can stand training a new maid every 2yrs. I remembered it took me ard 3mths to train my maid.

faris_mummy

i had really bad experiance when i hired my maid she was ook she has work experiance in saudi arabia for 5 yrs
she came at my house in may and work really bad i try to teach her but she doesnt wana listen from last 2 months she was shwing too much attitude but i was ignoring her but on tuesday i ask her wats wrong why she is doing this immdetialy she said i wana go back now my things are back drop me at agency otherwise she is ready to go n her own

No choice but send her back now no maid and need to do all work and take care of my kid

Happydays-shop

I'm thinking of hiring a maid again eversince my previous maid left for 8months.
i just read through the comments about maid realise most of them is indonesian. :eek:

mAmA

I juz get a maid from Nation.
She is an indo maid, ve been trsf for 2 times..
She was being trsf due to her poor english, slow performance..
I find her pretty good in doing hsework, maybe coz she's still new so still not so steady yet.. will giv her smtimes n observe..
I also hv no choice but to let my bb wf my maid @ home..
Lucky this maid dotes on my bb a lot.. :wong19:

spottycow

My maid also from Nation, has been with us for 4 yrs. Having a maid needs lots of give n take. They r human after all.

My maid also dotes on the kids, sometimes I think she spoils them.

Mom72

I don't have luck for maids. Always getting the wrong maid. Sigh... Now looking around slowly for an experience Indo maid, cause first of all, I know nuts about bahasa/malay, and on the other hand, my mil doesn't speak much english, so ultimately, getting an experience Indo maid would be the best choice even though, most incidents and happenings of maid news are Indo maid.

autumn82

My hubby tot of employing a maid coz i'm having my 2nd kid now and it's not worth letting a nanny to look after 2 kids.... so now trying to look for a maid to look after 2 kids & my sick mum...

Anyone has good agency to recommend?? Btw, Filippinos better? At least they speak English right? :tlaugh:

chachaleo

I engaged a filippino maid fm Switz Personnel Services. The boss name is Frankie. He's good i must say as he really select the maid by himself through selecting and interviewing. And he treats maid w respect.

Though sometimes im nt happy w my helper i try to tell myself they r human afterall. She work till late and wakes up early cos my boys wakes up early and no off day. Though she's a U grad her english seems to be abit diff and sometimes either she can't understand or i can't understand her. But still her english is consider quite good this is good as my boys can 'learn' fm her. Moreover me & DH dun speak bahasa so engaging a filippino would be a better choice for us.

mar_mum

I engaged a filippino maid fm Switz Personnel Services. The boss name is Frankie. He's good i must say as he really select the maid by himself through selecting and interviewing. And he treats maid w respect.

Though sometimes im nt happy w my helper i try to tell myself they r human afterall. She work till late and wakes up early cos my boys wakes up early and no off day. Though she's a U grad her english seems to be abit diff and sometimes either she can't understand or i can't understand her. But still her english is consider quite good this is good as my boys can 'learn' fm her. Moreover me & DH dun speak bahasa so engaging a filippino would be a better choice for us.
where is the agency?

aishah_28

I tot maid are to undergo training and take test before being send to employer's house. Took a maid for the past 6 mths, and so far ok no problems as I already told her from day one that I'll not tolerate her nonsense. She's here to work, not to have a luxurious life. I let her call her home once fornightly. Told her that I'll buy the card but in one condition, no slacking in her work.

irenebach

Hi Chachaleo,

Based on your reccomendation, I called Switz Personnel Svc and going to interview a transfer filipino maid this sunday. I need your input on your existing maid, is she still up to your expectation?

Need your urgent advice. You can even sms me at 91680786. Thank you.

Regards,
Irene