Anyone here ever quit your job in order to have baby?

missixty

hey all,

i am new here... hopefully to get to know anyone who is also in my "same boat"

i have been married for 3 years, trying to conceive for 6 months but no results, currently on clomid...
according to my gynae, he said maybe is due to my work stress that my ovaries are unable to produce nice eggs...
i used to work long hours like from 10am to 11pm, 6 days week. Both my husband and myself have been praying for a baby all this while.. FINALLY, i made a big decision to quit my good-paying job and stay at home, carefree and no stress from work, hoping to be able to conceive soon...:tconfused:

anyone in the same boat, let's gather and support each other:brolleyes:

fioncess

Welcome to join our big family!!!
it's brave of you to quit your good pay job to have baby...
**Give you all the baby dust**
Good Luck!! =)

shiseru

YES! A few mummies are thinking of doing the same, including me.

I will be turning 36 this year. I was pregnant last year April but lost my baby at 20 weeks. If i could, i wanna quit and focus on baby making.

Unfortunately, I am the family sole bread winner, my parents and brother are staying with me, my hubby's salary fluctuate. If i stop working, my whole family will suffer, so I guess I don't have the luxury of staying at home :(

Sometimes i thought, why me...

Mummy to Baby V

I know a high-flyer who worked very long hours and tried 8 years for a baby; she finally succeeded after leaving her job. She has 4 kids now! Good luck!!! :)

autumn82

Hi!!! I was trying for almost a year for my 2nd child but no news. So in the end, I quitted my job coz it was getting me all stressed up and my working hours are like 24/7 w all craps.

In the end, less than 6mths after quitting job, I got preggie. :) So don't worry too much, just relax.. :)

diymummy

How abt going on a holiday instead of quitting?

I was also trying to conceive that time and was jetting around. After a year of trying, ops and pills, I got pregnant and got my doc to write a letter to my company to ground me.

muffin lover

hey all,

i have been married for 3 years, trying to conceive for 6 months but no results, currently on clomid...
according to my gynae, he said maybe is due to my work stress that my ovaries are unable to produce nice eggs...
i used to work long hours like from 10am to 11pm, 6 days week. Both my husband and myself have been praying for a baby all this while.. FINALLY, i made a big decision to quit my good-paying job and stay at home, carefree and no stress from work, hoping to be able to conceive soon...:tconfused:

wow gd and brave decision!!! jiayou!! i support u too..
me too, TTC-ing..but DH gt some probs... so....
yup! all the best to u!!

muffin lover

YES! A few mummies are thinking of doing the same, including me.

I will be turning 36 this year. I was pregnant last year April but lost my baby at 20 weeks. If i could, i wanna quit and focus on baby making.

Unfortunately, I am the family sole bread winner, my parents and brother are staying with me, my hubby's salary fluctuate. If i stop working, my whole family will suffer, so I guess I dont't have the luxury of staying at home :(

Sometimes i thought, why me...
Shiseru!!!! dun look back and dun keep tiking le oh! u will have a baby tiger oh!!! stay positive, be stroong, be brave!!!! i will pray for u ya..

missixty

wow good and brave decision!!! jiayou!! i support you too..
me too, trying to concieve-ing..but dear husband gt some probs... so....
yup! all the best to you!!

hi muffin lover,
yah.. hope my decision is rite.
been taking TCM for more than 9 mths already. Hopefully has managed to "tiao" my body slightly better.

BTW, can u gals advise me, based on ur experience:

i am now on clomid 2nd course. After this, is it should have the ovulation jabs or straight to IUI?
anyone tried ovulation jabs before? How much it cost and any side effects?
how about IUI as well?

thanks!:welaugh:

Oppsgal

Not sure we same boat anot. I quit then realize baby arrive. :tlaugh:

But my job not good pay job as cover 2 people's work get only 1 person salary.

Last edited:

Oppsgal

you mean you quit without realizing you are preggie?

After counting back, I think my baby might come along after I tender my resignation letter.

I am happy I quit anyway, as less stress. Somemore 1st trimester is very important.

Before that have try for baby so long no news, quit already baby come along.

Last edited:

missixty

After counting back, I think my baby might come along after I tender my resignation letter.

I am happy I quit anyway, as less stress. Somemore 1st trimester is very important.

wowwwwwww, good!! good!!
congrats!!

yah, better stay at home and rest afterall, have been trying for so long.

hopefully, i will be the same soon. Cheers!

cocraze

hi
my case similar to yours. i was already thinking of quitting n served notice to my boss before i realised i was pregnan. i think it was the sudden relief of stress at that time, when i finally made the decision (supported by dear hubby). was trying for about 18 mths prior to that....

I am contemplating to take a break to take care of K-bear (nickname for our bb) myself but am still afraid to 'give everything up'. I am used to having a stressful work environment and good pay and also afraid that my world will become so small if just focus on taking care of K-bear. No offence pls to full-time mummies here. :embarrassed:

What to do?

missixty

I am contemplating to take a break to take care of K-bear (nickname for our baby) myself but am still afraid to 'give everything up'. I am used to having a stressful work environment and good pay and also afraid that my world will become so small if just focus on taking care of K-bear. No offence pls to full-time mummies here. :embarrassed:

What to do?

hi koala bear mummy,

me also same like u... very used to stressful working environment and good pay... and i mean really good!
at first, i also have the same thoughts: will my world be so small, can i manage without any source of income, will be i using my savings to survive, etc......
but, after much serious considerations, i FINALLY quit and stay at home, for the BIG project: BABY-MAKING!
At the moment, i still can manage my finance.. (hubby support me also lah).., only that now whenever i have the urge to buy things, i will ask myself: "do i really need this?", cause taking into consideration that we also need to spend $ seeing gynae and TCM.
also, i have more free time to spend with my parents and friends... at times, i attend talks/ seminars on female- related issues also. i think at the moment, still quite fulfilling for now...

but, for ur case, i think a bit different as in you already have a baby. if i am you, (no offences), i will also quit to take care of my baby full time.

jazz_sofia

hey all,

in my case, i quit my job after i gave birth...a close friend of mine recently quit her high paying job to concentrate on having a baby...she's been married also for 3yrs...and been trying for a baby since then...

im praying that this little angel u and ur husband have been waiting for will finally come...same with all the mummes that r waiting...i pray that 2010 will be the year for u...never underestimate the power of prayers :Dancing_wub:

missixty

in my case, i quit my job after i gave birth...a close friend of mine recently quit her high paying job to concentrate on having a baby...she's been married also for 3yrs...and been trying for a baby since then...

im praying that this little angel you and your husband have been waiting for will finally come...same with all the mummes that are waiting...i pray that 2010 will be the year for you...never underestimate the power of prayers :Dancing_wub:
hey jazz_sofia,

thanks! thanks!
i am also praying hard here..... :Dancing_wub:

stonston

I was on long leave (to plan for wedding plus go for honeymoon) when I concieved (during honeymoon).

It does help to be stress-free.

If need be, try taking a long break from work or take unpaid leave for a few months if your job allows.

For missixty, it's a GOOD DECISION to quit. Enjoy yourself, pamper yourself. There's alot of cheap & easy DIY spa/facial to do at home. Cheap and good. Makes you feel good too :) I remember I was so into it when I was on long leave. Made my own toner from cucumber juice & lemon. Then made all sorts of masks for my face, hair and feet. Mostly using 'leftover' ingredients or cheap cheap ingredients :) It's good fun if you manage to get your mum or your sister or a good friend to try out with you. My sis was still schooling at that time and I always catch her to be my 'guinea pig' for home made wax :p Waxed away my brother's leg hair as part of the experiment too :p

Just relax & enjoy yourself. & don't forget to show hb how much you appreciate his support by cooking for him, making the bedroom conducive for baby making (I went to YouTube to learn some massage techniques also), SMS him kinky messages to make him rush home after work :p

There's alot to do other than attending seminars (seriously, too much of information may not be very good, plus when you keep thinking about it, it's also stress in a different way).

Anyway, good luck to you! Me & hb decided to passively try for #2. If it happens, it happens. I'm not gonna count my ovulation period or test already. Too busy to do those. Just heat of the moment & enjoy!