Anyone here not entitled new package

littlebogei

So upset although I’m still on maternity but not entitled the additional leave n baby bonus (most important). Not fair right??

Last edited:

-SRI-

hahaha..i oso nt eligible for bb bonus cz i'm single mum which i wish i am.. arrrrr... abt maternity leave doesnt concern me as i'm nt working at tis moment...

Porukadotzu

I am eligible for bb bonus ($3,000) but not the new bb bonus scheme ($4,000). hehe.. lost $1,000..(can buy alot of things for bb with that, you know!)

Just heard today on radio that the eligibility date for the new scheme was moved forward to 17 Aug 2008 instead of 1st Jan 2009 (Dunno i misheard it or not). If not, that means that all baby who born after 17 Aug 2008 are eligible for the new scheme.

Unfortunately, my DD was born on 08 Aug 08...

PM should backdate to 01 Aug 2008 altogether, right? hehehe... why 17 Aug 2008...:p

sunnie

my baby popped in May, so confirmed not getting any of the new perks..
a bit unfair since the date was moved forward to babies born on 17 Aug and later..
Maybe the financial benefits should apply to all new borns in year 2008.

Imagine those 2008 1st born babies attending Pri 1 - some will have CDA while some do not have..

SH74

me not entitled to new package also. mine delivered in april. aft the rally, my hubby gave me a signal, hinting me for No. 2. SIAO!

FITRI

Me too... i gave birth in may.. told my hubby next time want to plan for bb again muz plan sui sui so tat when u deliver its aft national day rally.. who knows next yr they increase $ n leave again?? :001_302:

evebo0m

at first when i heard the effect starts on 1st jan 2009 i also very sian. cos my EDD is on 22nd oct 2008. after that heard they change to 17th august, wah so happy lor!!! least i can spend more time with my baby gal. =]

Syna

Hi all,
actually I don't mind.
It's really great to have baby out of tummy and out of my maternity!

Now that I have all my freedom, able to walk fast, run, eat whatever I want. Able to see my adorable baby!

:Dancing_wub:

Pwiincess

a bit unfair since the date was moved forward to babies born on 17 Aug and later..

Imagine those 2008 1st born babies attending Pri 1 - some will have CDA while some do not have..
I think you have made a point!

Pwiincess

Me too... i gave birth in may.. told my hubby next time want to plan for bb again muz plan sui sui so tat when u deliver its aft national day rally.. who knows next yr they increase $ n leave again?? :001_302:
Haha.. I think wad u said makes sense.. I must plan for no.2 properly! LOLs.

Syna

Haha,
if the govt also think like wise, my baby who was born in Jan 2008, will also get it!!!

vvng81

Iam a PR, my bb got the bonus also because my hb is a singaporean.He was borned in July 08. Abit disappointed for not meeting the new bonus scheme but baby was out healthily n safely is a great relief to me..:Dancing_wub:

swee

not sure if all of you are aware... for those who edd is on or after 17/08/2008 can appeal to government for the new scheme even though your bb come out earlier.

Taken from Baby Bonus
The Baby Bonus cash gift and matching Government contribution in the Children Development Account (CDA) have been enhanced for Singapore citizen babies born on or after 17 August 2008 (or whose Estimated Date of Delivery is on or after 17 August 2008) to lawfully married parents. An eligible first and second child will receive up to $4,000 in cash gift and enjoy matching Government contributions in the CDA up to a cap of $6,000. The benefits for a third and fourth child remain unchanged with cash gift of up to $6,000 each and matching Government contribution of up to $12,000 each. Children of the fifth and higher order will be eligible for Government matching contributions in the CDA up to a cap of $18,000 each. Actual payment of the enhanced Baby Bonus benefits will only be made after the necessary legislative and administrative changes are completed.

Anyagerger

Too bad I also delivered my baby boy in may ... also not entitled to the new package, so sad .. govt should shift it backward and make all mummy who delivered their children in 2008 to be entitled to the new package.