Anyone IUDed?

spottycow

Just want to know what is the experience during IUD, any pain? And how about the removal? How safe? Still need to use other contraception after putting IUD?

I m considering. Dunno to put or not. Scared of pain. :001_07:

aby

Hmmm supposed to prevent pregnancy but there'r still % risk of it..

Has heard 2 stories of failure to prevent.. 1st was done at pte hospital, the gynae was so kind to sponsor the whole antenatal as well as delivery.. But the 2nd case was by KKH.. The family had 4 le, now #5. haiz.. When I shared abt the 1st case to them.. They says don't bother le as KKH sure won't be like the pte one, so kind to sponsor..

Anyway I heard that the KKH charged ard 1k (after subsidy) for the whole procedure..

xiaodaisy

i tink is due to own body de lah.. tis person can but doesnt mean tat person can too.. up to urself but tink properly bah..

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
Just want to know what is the experience during IUD, any pain?

no real pain for me... just discomfort that passed very quickly after the IUD was settled in place.

And how about the removal?

haven't removed it yet... so really don't know. Sorry!

How safe? Still need to use other contraception after putting IUD?

errr... we didn't use any other contraception. But hubby has done his bit for family planning so I will be taking out my IUD during my next pap smear.

shirl

Hi,

I am using IUD, have been using it for quite a while now. The inserting is more painful than the removing, in my experience. I am now using a 5-yr IUD. It has been effective so far ...:001_302:...touch wood...

shirl

stonston

erm i was also considerig IUD...cos % of failure is same as condoms...but but but...condoms higher risk of failing cos sometimes forgot to put, or too rigorous then slip, etc etc...

cost tt i found out is ard $200 at polyclinic, $500+ at private clinic (this is e one with hormone release one, polyclinic one is jus e normal type)....

aapoh

For me, 5 yrs ago I had IUD (with hormone release) done...but was taken out after 4 yrs...1 month aft removing of IUD...I tio with #4 :001_302:..

The inserting was uncomfortable but removing IUD was like nothing..no feeling lor...

stonston

aapoh, means IUD is realli remove n can start TTC right? tt's is wot i want...cos i dun want have to 'wean' off pills....n pills i scared i forget to take then hit jackpot!

petrinagoh

Hi all, i've been using patch all these while. B4 that, I tried the contraceptive *jabs - once every 3 mths...

Jabs given last 3 mths & there will be no menses. Hb do not recommend this method as it takes awhile to get preggy after stopping the jabs.

Therefore my best suggestion is the patch where u change every 7days. Stick on ur butt. Wun drop while showering. Life goes on normally wif menses n all.

After removal of patch, can get preggy in ur next ovulation. Tats for those who really did family planning n do not want kids... I'm expecting one n ending at one.

aapoh

aapoh, means IUD is realli remove n can start TTC right? tt's is wot i want...cos i dun want have to 'wean' off pills....n pills i scared i forget to take then hit jackpot!

I not too sure lei.....think better wait till next ovulation first then start TTC...let the hormone go back to its norm first ba...

The reason y i removed it is becos I do not hv AF regularly...think it came once in 3 months n each time last a day only..veri little flow....n who knows...I removed...n I hit jackpot...

stonston

aapoh, gynae did tell me one of e effects of IUD is delayed menses n little menses lor...which is something i dun mind :)

i'm quite convinced to have it done liaoz :) have made appt with gynae already :)

LoVeS

aapoh, gynae did tell me one of e effects of IUD is delayed menses n little menses lor...which is something i dun mind :)

i'm quite convinced to have it done liaoz :) have made appt with gynae already :)
eh little menses? Not dun haf menses ah? IUD will haf any side effect of gain weight? I tot of putting IUD aso as condom dun suits me it always make me pain.