Anyone kiddo born in 2004 already registered for P1 next year?

sam.sg

Alpha Male
Hi,

My son also born on June 2004 and completed his K2 already. However, tried all schools, almost a dozen international schools, and all are fixed with the date requirement. He cannot start this Jan but for next year only. Intl Schools will start accepting since August I think.

jaspzz

Hi,

My son also born on June 2004 and completed his K2 already. However, tried all schools, almost a dozen international schools, and all are fixed with the date requirement. He cannot start this Jan but for next year only. Intl Schools will start accepting since August I think.
your son completed K2 already? So fast?

camom

thanks camom...but how come some parents already started gg school to reg? Isit only those popular school?
Probably registering for PV opportunities, not the P1 registration. P1 reg is controlled by MOE and is a mass exercise for all schs in Spore.

stonston

No. All primary schools start registration at the same time for children born in the same year.

You can start planning though, like becoming a grassroot leader or parent volunteer to get priority registration if you are not alumni or old boy/girl of theschool.

camom

Start strategising early, if you are aiming for those very popular schools for your 1st born, and you are not an old boy/girl of the sch

mrsj

so...we just wait for letter from MOE? or we need to chk out their website in due time around June ie. before July?
my 1st born's birthdate is Jan 2004....me too already anxious abt this P1 registration...
anyway i heard that even in neighbouring schools, it'll be quite difficult...u have to meet the 1km within school requirement...but that is all i know...
any other infos that we need to know, pls share...thks!

camom

so...we just wait for letter from MOE? or we need to chk out their website in due time around June ie. before July?
my 1st born's birthdate is Jan 2004....me too already anxious about this P1 registration...
anyway i heard that even in neighbouring schools, it'll be quite difficult...you have to meet the 1km within school requirement...but that is all i know...
any other infos that we need to know, pls share...thks!
See this thread:
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f43/primary-1-registration-kids-born-2005-a-30242/

Spiralng

Hi mummies, just to share a little info regarding P1 registration. My eldest girl is in P1 this year and next year, my 2nd one will also be in.

The childcare or kindergarten will normally give the children to bring back to their parents regarding the registration of P1 around the month of July. The registration of the primary school will have a Fixed date given according to phrases.

Spiralng

As the selection of the school goes by phrases, limited number of space is being allocated. Eg: for phrase 1A they have 150 slots. If the response is 155 slots then all these 155 will have to draw lots. It doesn't matter if u r the first to queue. Those who lived within the 2km will have an advantage cos this is also one of the factor they consider.

doratheexplorer

Hi my son is also born in 2004 and am anxious abt the p1 registration. I am intending to register for de lasalle pri sch which is less then 1km form my house but this sch is oh so popular so i am keeping figers crossed and praying hard for it. anyone else also going to register kid in this sch this year

camom

As the selection of the school goes by phrases, limited number of space is being allocated. Eg: for phrase 1A they have 150 slots. If the response is 155 slots then all these 155 will have to draw lots. It doesn't matter if you r the first to queue. Those who lived within the 2km will have an advantage cos this is also one of the factor they consider.
Not all will draw lots. Those living within 1km will definitely get a space in the sch unless all the 155 applicants live within 1km. The next group to be considered is those living within 1-2km. If there are more vacancies than applicants at this time, then all will get in. If you live outside 2km and there are more applicants than vacancies, then the group of applicants living outside 2km will undergo balloting. The priority always goes to those living closest to the school of choice in each phase.

However if you live outside 2km and the school is balloting for those living within 1-2km, then you will receive an outright rejection and advised to look for alternatives. That is 1 reason why applications always suddenly shoot up on the last day.