Anyone knows when is the best time to buy baby stuff?

Hi All,

When is the best time to buy baby cot, breast pump and all other baby stuff?

In third trimester or wait till i deliver and ask my hubby to grab from store before i return home?

Little Moomoo

JusMum

i wasnt allow to buy baby stuff during 1st trimester , i think i starter to buy at the end of 2nd trimester , its d pantang tat ppl said ,,

diymummy

I would say beginning of 3rd trim or ending of 2nd trim. You don't want the things to collect dust. And you might deliver earlier so waiting till too near delivery date is also risky. Also, by the end of 3rd trim, you'd feel so tired and so heavy that you won't even feel like shopping or packing.

Getting your hubby to get it after you deliver is possible but every thing will be rushed and you wouldn't have time to sniff out the best deals.

I delivered a month earlier and I haven't finished buying all the things. It was really a mad rush for hubby to go buy all the things and he spent 2 weeks buying things before we got everything in place.

Alot of old folks tell me not to buy furniture especially baby cot while pregnant so i guess it's patang?

Saw on channel 8 there is this lady who can help do all shopping for baby stuff so was thinking of asking her to do it to save my hubby the trouble.

Ting

baby cot all these can wait til u deliver.
just need to buy the basics.
now third tri can start alr.

angelwendy

i already start buying a bit.. like basic wear clothes & shorts, Pants, & socks... something small i guess... cause i wanna buy a bit @ a time... don't wan later last min too stress.. but of course i don't over buy since baby will grow quite fast....

As for the baby cot & breast pump... is all pass down... but i just take it first.....:001_302:b

izanyzam

I got hand-me-downs for the baby cot and breast pumps...But for other stuffs like baby clothes,i started buying after my detailed scanning at 5months...At least we already know the gender of the baby so its easier to find clothes for him.. :001_302:

For his basic necessities like soap...Diapers...etc...I started buying after the start of my 3rd trimester..But dont wat till ure halfway through your 3rd trimester coz by then,u might be too big and get tired more easily and cant really get your shopping done..Which is what im going thru right now...!!! :001_302:

for basic items like clothings, milk bottles, blanket, mitten & booties can start buying when you find out the gender??

but it's always good to look around for cheaper prices, so maybe now can start to window shop first? specially for stuff like breast pump, stroller, car seat, sterilizer some places offer more discount.

iwan2noe

I would say beginning of 3rd trim or ending of 2nd trim. You dont't want the things to collect dust. And you might deliver earlier so waiting till too near delivery date is also risky. Also, by the end of 3rd trim, you'd feel so tired and so heavy that you won't even feel like shopping or packing.

Getting your hubby to get it after you deliver is possible but every thing will be rushed and you wouldn't have time to sniff out the best deals.

I delivered a month earlier and I have not't finished buying all the things. It was really a mad rush for hubby to go buy all the things and he spent 2 weeks buying things before we got everything in place.
I agree with u diymummy! =)

angelwendy

for basic items like clothings, milk bottles, blanket, mitten & booties can start buying when you find out the gender??

but it's always good to look around for cheaper prices, so maybe now can start to window shop first? specially for stuff like breast pump, stroller, car seat, sterilizer some places offer more discount.

I buy my things @ AMK... Those very cheap cheap de.... is like a supplier.... cause my baby clothes is 5 pcs for $9.90 only.... Botties & mitten is 4 packs for $9.90 also... so is all very cheap... & also can mix & match as long as is same price.... yup for breast pump & more ex things should go window shopping first....:001_302: or wait year end sale...

angelwendy, which shop at amk you got the baby stuff from? cos me always go amk hub or central there but i dont see baby clothes.

actually if no pantang its better to buy baby stuff earlier, i start shopping at 21weeks-33weeks. i have prepared everything for my baby and glad have done so cos now i cant walk too much, tired easily, go toilet frequently, backache etc. so better do the shopping before tummy get too big.

but do plan your buys and budget. i set a weekly budget so that i wont get smacked with huge credit card bills.

angelwendy

angelwendy, which shop at amk you got the baby stuff from? cos me always go amk hub or central there but i dont see baby clothes.

actually if no pantang its better to buy baby stuff earlier, i start shopping at 21weeks-33weeks. i have prepared everything for my baby and glad have done so cos now i cant walk too much, tired easily, go toilet frequently, backache etc. so better do the shopping before tummy get too big.

but do plan your buys and budget. i set a weekly budget so that i wont get smacked with huge credit card bills.
Hihi... i went to AMK Central also... if u r able to find AMK Polyclinic it will be very ez for u to find that shop liao... cause is just direct OPPSITE Polyclinic that block.... i forget wat is the block liao....U can walk & u will see they put alot of baby things outside also.... is very very cheap there... cause since baby outgrow their clothes very fast.. so i just buy cheap cheap one...:001_302: if u reali not sure just Pm me....

WinnieL

i'm planning to buy end this month or in Dec.. waiting for end year sale.. hahaha. But already looking around. Of course, waiting to see what sort of hand-me-downs I can get first also. :tlaugh:

Hihi... i went to AMK Central also... if you are able to find AMK Polyclinic it will be very ez for you to find that shop ... cause is just direct OPPSITE Polyclinic that block.... i forget what is the block ....you can walk & you will see they put alot of baby things outside also.... is very very cheap there... cause since baby outgrow their clothes very fast.. so i just buy cheap cheap one...:001_302: if you reali not sure just Pm me....

will go and look for it. thanks so much..

apollo

the 'best' time is during 2nd tri, aft u know the baby's gender. and during 2nd tri, not so tired but if wait until 3rd tri, tummy getting heavier, frequently toilet trips, cramps etc etc...how to shop??? haha

I got hand-me-downs for the baby cot and breast pumps...But for other stuffs like baby clothes,i started buying after my detailed scanning at 5months...At least we already know the gender of the baby so its easier to find clothes for him.. :001_302:

For his basic necessities like soap...Diapers...etc...I started buying after the start of my 3rd trimester..But dont what till ure halfway through your 3rd trimester coz by then,you might be too big and get tired more easily and cant really get your shopping done..Which is what im going thru right now...!!! :001_302:
Hi Izanyzam,

For breast pumps, do you buy new parts to replace the suction cups and tubes? Good breast pumps are expensive, thinking of getting hand me down from friend too.

By the way, do you all wash the baby clothes before bringing to hospital before delivery? Any good baby detergent to recommend?

i also think 2nd trimester is a good time to start buy some stuff or do window shopping.:Dancing_tongue:

Littlemoomoo

izanyzam

Hi Izanyzam,

For breast pumps, do you buy new parts to replace the suction cups and tubes? Good breast pumps are expensive, thinking of getting hand me down from friend too.

By the way, do you all wash the baby clothes before bringing to hospital before delivery? Any good baby detergent to recommend?

i also think 2nd trimester is a good time to start buy some stuff or do window shopping.:Dancing_tongue:

Littlemoomoo
Hi littlemoomoo..For the hand-me-down Avent manual pump that i got from my friend,i just need to buy the breast shells coz she threw hers away for hygiene purposes.Other than that,the rest of the parts are still intact and brand new coz she bought an auto Madela pump for herself.

As for baby's clothes,i wash all of them..Be it new or hand-me-downs.HIs bibs...Mittens...Booties..etc..Once they're dry,i put them away in those huge white containers with covers and wheels at the bottom so that they wont get dusty.In fact,ive just finished washing my baby's clothes..!!

As for baby's detergent,i just buy the Tollyjoy brand that i saw at NTUC..I dont know of any good recommendation for baby's detergent though so if you have,do share with me yah..!!! :001_302:

And yes the 2nd trimester is probably the best time to window-shop or even buy some stuff coz as of now,i have to put in more effort to move around..Im already waddling like a duck when i walk...!!! Thank God ive done most of my shopping already..!! :Dancing_wub:

CanCanMum

Hi All,

When is the best time to buy baby cot, breast pump and all other baby stuff?

In third trimester or wait till i deliver and ask my hubby to grab from store before i return home?

Little Moomoo
My cousin bought all the baby stuff for me :p (when i was about 32 weeks pregnant)

on my own, i only bought 2 sets of newborn clothings for Baber :p

Baby cot / sarong / carrier = bought after Baber is born :p

ohstrawberry

Hand-me-down clothings, baby cot, stroller, baby bathtub really save me a lot of money. No harm asking around.
I even got free diapers for newborns from my aunt who work in wholesale company.
I also start shopping during 2nd trimester, bought things like basic neccessities, e.g cotton wool and bath toiletries, and also milk bottles, sterilizer and milk pump, especially there was a sale going on.