Anyone knows when is the best time to buy baby stuff?

isabellesng

Hi All,

When is the best time to buy baby cot, breast pump and all other baby stuff?

In third trimester or wait till i deliver and ask my hubby to grab from store before i return home?

Little Moomoo

hi you can buy basic item the rest u buy on 7-8mth cos many friend or family will buy or give you the baby item. don buy too much a few can cos baby growing fast my baby new born cloth wear few week go to 3-6mth than my baby 4mth he already wear 6-12mth cloths cos baby growing fast my 1st son is 5mth+ he is 10kg now and tall that why cant buy much :)

For baby cot, breast pump and all other baby stuff i buy when i 5-6mth than send befor 1mth when i give birth cos come to early disty.

Last edited:

Jo90

Hi There,

Any idea if it's okie to use hand-me-down/sec hand breast pump, nursing bra etc??

Wanna save some money, but dunno which items can use hand-me-down/sec hand??

Btw, is there any difference from using a manual pump or electrical pump?

Last edited:
Hi There,

Any idea if it's okie to use hand-me-down/sec hand breast pump, nursing bra etc??

Wanna save some money, but dont know which items can use hand-me-down/sec hand??

Btw, is there any difference from using a manual pump or electrical pump?
it depends on individual. to me i'm fine with 2nd hand stuff as i will clean and sterilize it before use.

manual pump will require your hands to work in order to express the milk, can be very tiring but definately cheaper to buy. and it's more effective to use if you have alot of milk/no problem with milk flow. electric pump more expensive but not so tiring and most mothers prefer this nowadays, especially if your milk not established early the pump can help.

Jo90, it depends on you, if you want to buy based on reviews you can buy before baby arrives, the most popular brand are medela/avent/ameda. however some mommies prefer to buy after giving birth, they rent the breast pump from mum&babes to see which brand is suitable.

angelwendy

Jo90, it depends on you, if you want to buy based on reviews you can buy before baby arrives, the most popular brand are medela/avent/ameda. however some mommies prefer to buy after giving birth, they rent the breast pump from mum&babes to see which brand is suitable.

U mean is possible to rent it???

Domique

best time is when there is a sale.

go takashimaya ask form baby dept for the baby item list.

good for reference. like a check list for all the items.

its FOC!

CanCanMum

after u sterilize the parts it should be fine

becoz some really good electric breast pumps are expensive to invest in, so some mummies prefer to rent.

Ivy Miao

Start buying baby stuff when u hit 2nd trimester. That's when u have the energy to shop.. Dont end up like me.. Starting buying at 37weeks preg and its REALLY tiring and feet does swell when standing for long. And its painful! Well, I just came back from buying ALL baby stuff.. Good thing is Kiddy Palace does free delivery when you spend more than $250. Oh!! Most stuff in kiddy palace are having offers. :red: Mummies, you might want to go and have a look?? There's this set of Pigeon sterilizer + milk warmer + 2 packet wet tissues + 3 different sizes of milk bottles + liquid cleanser for milk bottle, going at $188. Think this is a great buy?? They have this pigeon silent electric single pump at $199.90 with a year warranty. Else you can go for manual, which is less than $100. Hahaha!! Sounds like I'm pigeon's promoter... IM NOT! :001_302:

Can rent breast pumps???? Where and how much??
I saw the rental at mums&babes at AMK but i guess all M&B outlets will have rental services.

I personally feel the rental fee is quite ex if you are going to use for long term more than 3 months. I think there is a breastfeeding organisation which provides free trial testing of breast pumps to encourage breastfeeding? Maybe the rental cost is lower?

Little moomoo

iwan2noe

breast pump? but isn't it a little weird to use something that somebody else has used before?

not meant to offend, but in my perosnal opinion, I think it is not v hygenic to use shared breast pump unless u use one that is proven can be used by multiple users...there is one such brand called hygeia :) US brand. Not selling it or stand to gain anythg fr it, but this is a relatively new bran in SG though it is a v established brand in the US. It is starting to gain awareness le... Anyway, back to why i feel that it is not advisable to share used pump..

it is because u nv know what bodily fluid may enter the duct and pipings when the breask milk is being pumped. some pumps if observe and notice have their parts 'fixed' to the pump so the pumped milk will sure pass thru it. sometimes the pumped milk may come with some bodily fluid fr the mum which we can nv be sure. if the mum is not v healthy or got some virus, if u use the same pump, though changed the ducts and the pipes that let the milk flows to the bottle, the milk that u pumped using the same pump may unintentionally got 'infected' with that virus..

If u have concern like not wanting to invest too much in a breast pump without knowing whether u have breastmilk to supply, i'd rather suggest u to invest in a cheaper manual hand pump to try and see if u can express them out. If can then can consider to invest in an electronic pump.. I will do this if this is my concern.
For wanting to try out pumps, betw the 2 popular brands medela and avents, i think the difference mayb be the cost and the different characteristics of the pump, like whether it is very noisy, user frenly, how comfortable u are with the brands and what u look for in ur ideal breastpump, etc lor..

Just my opinion :) hope it do help u in considering which pumps to get :)

Last edited:
Hi All,

When is the best time to buy baby cot, breast pump and all other baby stuff?

In third trimester or wait till i deliver and ask my hubby to grab from store before i return home?

Little Moomoo
best time. JUNE LA~ 20percent everywhere~

many excuses la me..... my 2nd trimester is around june... 2nd trimester more energy more awake... 1st and 3rd i always wanna sleep, that's for me...........................

stroller pram....2nd trimester...
wet tissues...2nd trimester.... (can stock alot when they got sales wont dry up de)
baby cot... 2nd trimester..
swaddle ......2nd trimester.. (i love this.. motherhood is tough during de first month.... this pacify my gerr alot..... although only can b used till 3mths old)

optional pacifier............. 1 week before birth

carrier........ after birth........

optional breast pump............... 4days after labour. bcux my gerr has got jaundice..admitted into the hospital for 2nites........ so i'd to send my milk regularly over to kkh..................

if not, i actually planned to try on latching....... if i can endure de pain... i wont buy pump at all...........