anyone managed to take care of baby all alone?

does anyone managed to take care of a baby without help? meaning no parents no in-laws no maid no nanny and managed to survive?
cos for me my mom is in indonesia and might be helping my sister who will be giving birth too. i'm not close to in-laws and they're not willing to help out with my baby. so i might just have my hubby to depend on.. i'm not sure how i can cope as i'll be expecting my 1st baby..

ME ME!!

but still... euu need a lot verbal helps.... some help euu can get IMMEDIATELY... faster than sms... preferably phonecalls...because always will have alot stuff happen last minute... and wad euu need is not one line two line phrases.... is paragraphs!!

read more now while u'r preggy.... really read as much as euu can... yes although there are alot stuff euu cant read from books!!

ha.... if got big doubts , big decision that euu cant make... and euu noe can drag one or two days then decise.... like... bed/salong ....
POST HERE!!
if ur title says u'r alone / now confinement... sure alot people come respond euu de...
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex..

first baby...? hmmm. maybe euu wanna go through the forum once? like whether to take pacifier or not.. blah blah blah............

b sure to relax more during confinement oki....... itx really really tough and tiring alone....................everyday face four walls.... very easy think here think there.. first week alot jaudice / checkups... hope ur hubby can take at least one week off.....................

for miie... my in law side cater confinement food.... dont tell miie euu cook okii. euu have no time to rest de...............

smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im alone throughout confinement... ta-da!! went thru. hahahahhahaaaaaas... my case is... in-law own stall.. cannot close ma... my single parent mummy.. working ..... cant possibly ask her quit .. then my side here zero income ... aiya... long story....

CanCanMum

does anyone managed to take care of a baby without help? meaning no parents no in-laws no maid no nanny and managed to survive?
cos for me my mom is in indonesia and might be helping my sister who will be giving birth too. i'm not close to in-laws and they're not willing to help out with my baby. so i might just have my hubby to depend on.. i'm not sure how i can cope as i'll be expecting my 1st baby..
yes there are lots of mummies who handled their newborn single-handedly.....

A few i knew of here are:

my baobei autumn82

and sugarcookie babe~

and of coz our cynn lullaby here ~~~excited young mummy~~~

for myself i handled my boy by myself every night and on weekends...not easy but not difficult either....just need to set some rules....in fact its easier for you if you handled it single handedly...coz u will have no issues of having arguments on how to handle babies, becoz everyone has their own way of handling babies...like what time to put them to sleep? How to put them to sleep? When to feed the night feed? Where to put them to sleep? Basically these are the few main issues to take care of. Once u managed to set the rules, its not difficult......:001_302::001_302::001_302: Jiayou~~~

CDL

Hi HoneyLicious, yes there are lots of mummies that look after their babies themselves. It can be tiring and even frustrating at times but it can be done.

Some food for thought -
1. When the baby comes, what will your priorities be - baby? cleaning home? cooking? breastfeeding? losing weight? Depending on what your priorities are, it will be easier to plan and arrange for help in some of the other chores that need to be done. For instance, consider getting some part-time help with housework or getting confinement food or tingkat food delivered so you don;t need to cook

2. Think who you can enlist for help, eg sibling/friend to do groceries? husb looks after baby while you catch up on sleep?

3. For the first few months, you will be feeding baby every 2-3 hours. You will not be getting enough sleep and this may affect your milk supply. Ask yourself how long you would like to breast-feed and how you would feel if you are unable to do so for as long as you would like?

4. Knowing that you will be alone with the baby, make a list of as many things that you will need (the mummies here will be happy to assist you) for the first few months. This will give you some assurance and peace of mind even if you are alone with the baby.

5. Build a good support group (there are many mummies here who will be more than happy to lend you a hand and ear and give good advise as well) that you can rely on when you encounter difficulties/problems with the baby and don't know who to turn to for help.

As some of the other mummies here have mentioned, use the time you have now to read up, think and plan how you will be looking after your baby nad yes, do enjoy your pregnancy as well!

jassmine

im taking care of my DD all alone without any help from in-law or parents.. even confinement i did it myself with DH, quite tiring...

yummy mummy

yes there are lots of mummies who handled their newborn single-handedly.....

A few i knew of here are:

my baobei autumn82

and sugarcookie babe~

and of coz our cynn lullaby here ~~~excited young mummy~~~

for myself i handled my boy by myself every night and on weekends...not easy but not difficult either....just need to set some rules....in fact its easier for you if you handled it single handedly...coz u will have no issues of having arguments on how to handle babies, becoz everyone has their own way of handling babies...like what time to put them to sleep? How to put them to sleep? When to feed the night feed? Where to put them to sleep? Basically these are the few main issues to take care of. Once u managed to set the rules, its not difficult......:001_302::001_302::001_302: Jiayou~~~
i cldnt agree more. :D
I'm the sole caregiver of Drayden, with DH helping out whenever he can, and its really blissful. Of course it can get really tough and crazy at times, but it really builds the bond between mother and baby.

the best is i dont have to deal with having to fend off overbearing inlaws, and conflict in parenting styles. :)

ross

look after my bb all alone. sis look after me on and off for 2 weeks during confinement then start to look after bb alone. my hb posted overseas for work during my preggy days so no help from him either. Am doing fine but mine is normal delivery so within a week can already do the housework, cooking etc. try to sleep when the bb is sleeping during day time coz mostly you'll be awake with bb crying at nite.
honestly, i do go crazy sometimes but this built the bond between me and bb. :001_302:

It's a joy being a mother!!

yakii

I really admire and salute to those mummy that single handed looking after their new born...i think i will be in depression very soon if i do tat. ha ahaa

Catty

When i deliver my 1st DD at the age of 19, i manage to look after her, do all the household chores (5 rm flat) and confinement all by myself..

All you need to do is just relax yourself and do whatever you can do, maybe the rest you just wait for your DH to come home from work to help you..

*We can do it, so can you* :red:

snowbear

Don't worry HoneyLicious. There are lotsa mummies who can handle baby alone. I also handled baby alone, even during confinement coz my mil who was cooking confinement food for me doesn't know how to handle baby. The only time i get to rest is when hubby comes home from work. Even then, he can't really help with bfding or pumping milk. haha... Everything will work out fine. In the beginning, don't sweat the small things like housework coz rest and taking care of bb are more impt. All the best! :)

SunShine07

I really salute those mummy who can do it all alone by yourself. I dun think i can't....Especially like my son, super active. Somemore cry a lot, drink a lot milk, and poo a lot. I did take care of him for a few month all alone when he was 1 year old. Maybe this is the time when he start to walk and explore thing (he is super curious also).

I nearly go crazy when taking care of him. Firstly, my hb dun help or basically he can't help much. Secondly, my son is super glue to me that time. Thirdly, my new house here is damn big as compare the one in singapore.

So, i got to cook, do housework, take care of him and sometimes, got to serve that stupid hb of mine! Morever i also need to work! (WAHM) I don have time to bath at all! No time even to pee or poo! Because my son dun wan his papa that time.

I almost wanna go crazy and in the end get a maid here to help. Lucky i got a good maid, if not maid also give me problem, i think i will jump down :p

thanks for all the assurance ladies.. it does help to boost my confidence. to be honest i grow up in a society whereby every single mum use nanny and family and relatives help one another when raising a baby, they also have maid. but it all happen in indonesia, as i'm married to a singaporean i have no privilege to all the help. i do consider of getting a maid, but after reading and hearing all the horror stories i think twice of hiring them. i'm scared it will only create more trouble.

i'm not so sure how much can my hubby help, maybe just with housework. but he definately need to rest too at night as he got work. for me i'm a light sleeper, the slightest noise will keep me awake e.g my hubby snore so i have to use ear plugs. but if baby arrive how to use ear plugs? else can't hear if baby cries right?

another thing is i might go go elective c-sect. i heard that the wound would take some time to recover, i wonder if i can't move around so much how to handle the newborn? if take painkiller can't breastfeed right??

sorry for the long post

Domique

i think u will be so tired tat u need no ear plugs to sleep.....

thanks for all the assurance ladies.. it does help to boost my confidence. to be honest i grow up in a society whereby every single mum use nanny and family and relatives help one another when raising a baby, they also have maid. but it all happen in indonesia, as i'm married to a singaporean i have no privilege to all the help. i do consider of getting a maid, but after reading and hearing all the horror stories i think twice of hiring them. i'm scared it will only create more trouble.

i'm not so sure how much can my hubby help, maybe just with housework. but he definately need to rest too at night as he got work. for me i'm a light sleeper, the slightest noise will keep me awake e.g my hubby snore so i have to use ear plugs. but if baby arrive how to use ear plugs? else can't hear if baby cries right?

another thing is i might go go elective c-sect. i heard that the wound would take some time to recover, i wonder if i can't move around so much how to handle the newborn? if take painkiller can't breastfeed right??

sorry for the long post

SunShine07

sorry for the long post
It is ok to take pain killer, the gynae will prescrible and you just take accordingly. I am also concerned on that, but when check with gynae, they say it is ok to take.

why dun consider to have a confinement lady for the first few weeks? at least to help you for a while

hstan15

hi honeylicious

no worries, in the beginning it might be very tiring cos we dont know how our babies react to all things, like when they poo, when they are hungry etc.

but after a few weeks, u will know when your baby is hungry or have dirtied themselves, then things might be more relaxing for you.

i guess no matter how tiring our hubby are, they still got to help out when they shld, even if it deprive them of their rest cos baby belongs to both parents, i am sure all hubbies wont mind at all.

for me, i was in such great pain for the first two weeks and no confinement lady at all since my del was much earlier than it shld be, luckily for me, my hubby was there to give all his support and i know he was very tired cos need to wk com look after baby com look after me(since i felt sick a few days after delivery).

painkillers wise, not much harm to take while BF but if possible, dont take. or take panadol cos its safe to take

Lotus

For my 1st I had my mum help, but with 2nd it was just me and my husband. Mothers are exceptional and will overcome tiredness, exhaustion and hunger for their child.

The one piece of advice I have is that when the baby sleeps you need to get rest for your own health and wellbeing. Even if you don't sleep during the day the lie down helps recharge.

kady

No problem lah.. i feel women are born to be natural mother lah.. i also after confinement take care of boy alone while my hubby work.. you will need about a week to adjust to everything then you will find it is a routine already... dont worry... believe in yourself oh...