Anyone pumps in the toilet due to no room in the office?

veronica

I need advice how you manage to do it especially when the toilet is not so hygienic clean.

What are the things we need to prepare?

Still stress out whether I should do it or not when I return to work.

diymummy

Me!!!

I was armed with a sanitizer to spray and clean wherever I was sitting and putting my stuff. I also put a stool in the cubicle to use as a "table" to put my pump while I sit on the toilet bowl to pump.

I bought an air tight tupper ware to store my pump. After each pump I will store it in the EBM bags and either freeze it or put it in the fridge. After storing I will wash the pump and put it in the container then fill it with hot hot water to sterilise the pump. Then I'll poor away the water and seel up the tupper ware. Since it is air tight, during my next pump I just open and use.

I also have a cooler bag and an ice pack to transport my EBM home after work and maintain the temperature of the EBM.

veronica

Thanks diymummy.

Waulau my god, you still manage to get a stool!!

Soo many things to bring in...hahaha

how many times u pump a day.

Do you mean u need to get 2 tupperware? 1 to store the breastpump and another to sterilise it?

diymummy

Ya... My tea lady saw me in the toilet once and she offered to help me keep the stool in the toilet so that when I go in just need to shift the stool into the cubicle.

When I just went back to work I pump 4 times during office hrs. My boss quite understanding so it was ok. My boss is lady also... She is also mother so good thing she can understand.

No I just have 1 tupperware. Put pump inside, then fill hot water to abt half full, cover, then shake shake shake, then pour away the hot water. Cover again and then just open to use again during next pump.

I know some people who buy sterilising tablets. I don't like the idea so just use hot water instead. I don't like to sterilise just before I pump.. if I do that the pump quite hot. So I tell myself since the container is air tight, should be still sterile bahh... Haha.

fioncess

I need advice how you manage to do it especially when the toilet is not so hygienic clean.

What are the things we need to prepare?

Still stress out whether I should do it or not when I return to work.

i do tt too.. but im not like diymummy.. i sterlise everything at home...
after lunch go pump.. put dwn the seat cover.. bring napkin most important... after pump wash n keep in plastic bag.. after work rush home to sterlise and pump again...
i only pump once at work cos b4 i start work i alr "train" my breast. but before i go work i sure empty my breast at home so i can endure till lunch time.. now 3 mth alr, my breast trained alr.. after pump once at office after work no need rush home also can tahan..
but at first got bad engorment so after work anywhere also cannot go must rush home to sterlise the pump.. cos at work dun have hot water for mi to sterlise...

veronica

i do that too.. but im not like diymummy.. i sterlise everything at home...
after lunch go pump.. put dwn the seat cover.. bring napkin most important... after pump wash n keep in plastic bag.. after work rush home to sterlise and pump again...
i only pump once at work cos before i start work i already "train" my breast. but before i go work i sure empty my breast at home so i can endure till lunch time.. now 3 month already, my breast trained already.. after pump once at office after work no need rush home also can tahan..
but at first got bad engorment so after work anywhere also cannot go must rush home to sterlise the pump.. cos at work dont have hot water for mi to sterlise...
I also intend to do one time pump in the office. How much can you get each time?

Mine miserable but I keep telling myself at least she has one or 2 feeds of BM...good liao..hahaha

What cooler bag u use? I want to buy fridge to go but worry i only pump for short while. My office has only a small mini fridge and inside all full liao. So I need a cooler bag to sustain during office hours....

mimosa

im returning to work soon...no place to pump n no fridge too

i intend to use fridge to go...but no fridge in office
anyone noes if fridge to go can last whole day??

fioncess

i dint buy any fridge to go.. i bought medela swing it cm wif ice pack n a cooler bag with another trendy black bag which is also like cooler bag, all cm together.. so wat i do is.. in the morning i'll jus put the ice pack into the cooler bag n into the black bag.. lunch time i pump by the time i reach hm ard 7 plus 8 it'll still be very cold.. when reach hm mus remember the 1st time to do is to keep ur bm into the fridge...

redgreen

Kudos to all the mummies here who pump at work!! :)

i also sometimes use the toilet to pump...actually quite okay especially if you're using pump, because the milk never get in touch with the air... i like to express by hand too, but i'm not too hygienic so it's still okay to me, and my baby is okay :)

chiro

walau..my pump is medela mini electric plus..very very noisy

now i have to go to raffles city to pump during lunch time liao...cos my company going to take away the sick bay cum lactation roomm

camom

I pump at my worktable with a nursing shawl. Can still continue to work. So far, boss didn't say anything (it's been a year), but when I pump, boss will not come over but stand further away and talk to me. I hide my pump motor in the drawer so not so noisy. I don't feel awkward but I told my colleagues initially to tell me i they feel uncomfortable. So far so gd.

I only pump in toilets (must be handicapped) when I go for courses.