Anyone staying near your hubby's siblings?

apollo

we're staying quite near to my in-laws hse and my hubby's siblings still unmarried so stay with in-laws too..

actu i'm not close with them.. maybe we seldom go bk... so our relationship is like "stranger", dun exchange much conversation just smile smile hello hello when see each other.. hehe:tlaugh:

Angelmum

Stay close doesnt mean yr relationship will be super gd or 守望相助. Guess only the sibings/parents feel the convenience and closeness. We 'outsiders' dont 100% think so. :nah: Maybe we feel closer to our own siblings, afterall had been living with them for at least 20yrs.... blood still thicker!

apollo

Stay close doesnt mean yr relationship will be super gd or 守望相助. Guess only the sibings/parents feel the convenience and closeness. We 'outsiders' dont 100% think so. :nah: Maybe we feel closer to our own siblings, afterall had been living with them for at least 20yrs.... blood still thicker!
totally agree!!! i somehow feel tt im an "outsider" to my in-laws' family lo... the only thing that got link is my hubby is their family and my BB is their grandson... my mum often ask me to treat MIL as my own mother but hor v diffi leh... i got only 1 MOTHER (bio) lo... :001_302:

Queenbabe

i staying wif my hb two sisters ........... omg cannot get along ........... since i know my hb until now i never talk much to them at all ............. i aso seldom talk to my in laws ..

pokemon97

i'm staying near my sil and i go there for dinner almost everyday. We'r very close, will go out together during weekends.

Domique

Sama Sama feeling!

^5 man!

totally agree!!! i somehow feel tt im an "outsider" to my in-laws' family lo... the only thing that got link is my hubby is their family and my BB is their grandson... my mum often ask me to treat MIL as my own mother but hor v diffi leh... i got only 1 MOTHER (bio) lo... :001_302:

jal

anyone staying near yr hubby's siblings? are u close to them?
Ya I am staying close to my brother's married sibling but we are not close although we meet every alternate week at my mother-in-law's place. The reason we are not close is because although she is a full-time housewife, she does not invite us over for dinner, save for reunion dinner once a year. Neither does she occasionally bring cooked food over to us as a gesture of goodwill. Rather, it is me who always try to initiate goodwill by buying little gifts for her 3 daughters. That said, it does not mean we are hostile towards each other; we are just not close.

Angelmum

.... she is a full-time housewife, she does not invite us over for dinner, save for reunion dinner once a year. Neither does she occasionally bring cooked food over to us as a gesture of goodwill. Rather, it is me who always try to initiate goodwill by buying little gifts for her 3 daughters. That said, it does not mean we are hostile towards each other; we are just not close.

BIL/SIL and I did pass items to ea other. But lesser interaction nowadays with SIL & nieces cos I felt they dont want to get close to us especially after their daughter had a miscarriage .... felt we a jinx/think they thot DD 'contagious' .... maybe I super sensitive .... anyway, I dont dare to get close to them or their grandson, in case something happens, then I suay get blamed. btw, nieces seldom greet me, nor come CNY bai nian ... we r just few steps from ea hse. :err:

stonston

if my brother marry e gal he currently likes, means i'll become her hb's sister right?
then i tink our relationship will be very good. i love her to bits :)

hopefully they do work out n get married soon!!

Stan

Not staying near but we go over for dinner every week... also not close to SIL lah...
last time always scold hubby why dont want to talk to his sister... now i have to eat my words cos she is damn selfish and one kind!!! now hubby always tell me "I told you so" when i complain abt the sister....kua kua lor.

apollo

Not staying near but we go over for dinner every week... also not close to SIL lah...
last time always scold hubby why dont want to talk to his sister... now i have to eat my words cos she is damn selfish and one kind!!! now hubby always tell me "I told you so" when i complain abt the sister....kua kua lor.
at least u n ur hubby share the same tots... some hubbies very protective towards their own family den wife even it's their family who's in wrong... u're lucky! =D

for me, i am a bit extreme... i told my husband honestly that i don't want to be related to his family in any way... so other than reunion dinner, please count me out. i admit i am super selfish but i just want to have simple and happy life... please don't misunderstand that my husband sayang me so much and support me just because i am his wife. the fact is that he realised his family were too much... :) that's why i purposly moved to north west where my in laws stay at north east..

cui_er

My hubby has 3 sisters and 1 brother. The brother used to stay in the same block as us but has moved away a couple of years back and i must say i'm very happy about that. The brother is quite alright, man of few words and not very kaypoh type. But i really dislike his wife and i'm sure it's a mutual dislike. But anyway, she's the one that dislike me first and treat me like shit once she found out me and hubby getting married, so can't blame me. Now for the occasionally prayer dinner at their house & family gatherings few times a year, don't have to associate with them so much.

Another sister stays quite near and because I like and respect her quite a bit so don't mind at all. She dotes on my hubby, me and my son so even sometimes got differences in thinking, i'll still treat her as a sister.

For the other 2 sisters, rarely see them and stay super far.

Think it's not bad staying near to each other, provided on good terms, sometimes can help each other out if got emergency etc. But if not good terms, then even if stay close, best is don't associate too much to prevent unwanted arguments. But if hubby and the siblings are on very good terms, then sometimes very hard to stay away even if we don't like. >.<

pkshl

my hubby's siblings will be shifting to the same town as me soon. its walking distance. what i dun reali like is, mil used to say now that all her 3children all stayin same area, next time she can pop by this house that house, sort of piss me off when i heard that. so what shes my hb's mum, doesnt give her the right to pop by as & when she want,very rude. my own mum still need to ask my permission whether can she come over my house anot, so y mil cant do that? so what if is her son's house? did she forget now her son got a wife????:nah:

apollo

my hubby's siblings will be shifting to the same town as me soon. its walking distance. what i dun reali like is, mil used to say now that all her 3children all stayin same area, next time she can pop by this house that house, sort of piss me off when i heard that. so what shes my hb's mum, doesnt give her the right to pop by as & when she want,very rude. my own mum still need to ask my permission whether can she come over my house anot, so y mil cant do that? so what if is her son's house? did she forget now her son got a wife????:nah:
ask her to rmb to call 1st b4 she POP out hor... if not she'll get use of popping out as and when she likes.. LOL

pkshl

ask her to rmb to call 1st b4 she POP out hor... if not she'll get use of popping out as and when she likes.. LOL
the most if she come i dun open door, pretend not at home. i tink i better start training my dog to bark at her, let my dog knows that mil is stranger :001_302:

jal

at least u n ur hubby share the same tots... some hubbies very protective towards their own family den wife even it's their family who's in wrong... u're lucky! =D
Ya ya ya! My hubby is also very protective towards his family! Like recently I used a Polar voucher to redeem some cakes for my ah ma & relatives when we were going to visit her. My hubby was damn unhappy about it. He said things like 'Why do u buy cakes for them? I thought last time u said u wanted to use the voucher on my nephew? Anything you want to do, you can do, but anything I want to do, I cannot do.' What the hell! He had to spoil a happy occasion with his myopic view.