Anyone switch gynae at 34th week?

Frenchkitty

Not me, but my girlfriend changed gynae in her 3rd trimester.

For her case, it's because she is Malaysian but her hubby is Singaporean so all along she has been seeing her gynae in Malaysia.
Until last trimester, she decided to give birth in KKH so before she gave birth she went to KKH to see their gynae (but not at TPS).

Why? You thinking of changing your doctor now?

Basha

Not me, but my girlfriend changed gynae in her 3rd trimester.

For her case, it's because she is Malaysian but her hubby is Singaporean so all along she has been seeing her gynae in Malaysia.
Until last trimester, she decided to give birth in KKH so before she gave birth she went to KKH to see their gynae (but not at TPS).

Why? You thinking of changing your doctor now?
Yeah kind of la...coz Ive read most articles is that @ dis stage baby shud be putting on weight but my baby seems not to be absorbing the nutrients lei...he's only between 1.9-2kg @ 34th week but gynae assured me that he's growing normally & fine..she told me that if by end May (38th wk) if baby dun wanna cum out then she gotta do sumtink!! But tinking abt it, EDD is 13June (40th wk), y wud she wanna make my baby cum out @ 38th?? She told me that she dun want my baby to decrease in weight!! It seems so ironic coz @ one point say everything norm & another point is another comment....haizz...i feel so worried for my little one..i want him to be born naturally healthy...

Frenchkitty

Basha why dont you clarify with yr doctor what she meant by her contradicting remarks?

By the way, from Week 37 onwards is considered full term already so it is safe for baby to come out.. But if she wants to induce you at Week 38 I am not sure the reason why also... What you said makes it mean that she wanna induce you because she is scared your baby loses weight... Doesnt make sense leh...

Better to ask her what she means by that.. and clarify properly.
If you still dont feel comfy with her answers then maybe you should consider switching gynae

joeichen

Ya. I agreed.
I think u shld clarify with ur gynea 1st.
If u think the gynea really cant give u sense of security then u consider of changing coz changing gynea at this stage oso have certain risk.

Basha

Basha why dont you clarify with yr doctor what she meant by her contradicting remarks?

By the way, from Week 37 onwards is considered full term already so it is safe for baby to come out.. But if she wants to induce you at Week 38 I am not sure the reason why also... What you said makes it mean that she wanna induce you because she is scared your baby loses weight... Doesnt make sense leh...

Better to ask her what she means by that.. and clarify properly.
If you still dont feel comfy with her answers then maybe you should consider switching gynae
Datz the rsn that she gave (afraid that baby weight will tend to decrease!) when she told me that if by 38th wk baby dun wanna cum out then she will do sumtink abt it...!!

She assured me that nothing is wrong with my baby but its so contradicting!!

Basha

Ya. I agreed.
I think u shld clarify with ur gynea 1st.
If u think the gynea really cant give u sense of security then u consider of changing coz changing gynea at this stage oso have certain risk.
Hmm ok...BTW, u mentioned that changing gynae at dis stage has certain risk...what are the risks...?

Frenchkitty

Basha, I think the risks would be that your new gynae doesnt know how your entire pregnancy has been and also dont have all your previous months of records and progress because you switch at such a late stage.

Basha

Basha, I think the risks would be that your new gynae doesnt know how your entire pregnancy has been and also dont have all your previous months of records and progress because you switch at such a late stage.
Yeah datz what i thought of too...meanwhile, i reali hope that my baby is growing on well & fine..will wait for updates during my next check @ 36th wk nxt Sat...

joeichen

ya ya.... The new gynea will not knw if thr is "any pro" between ur pregnancy n new gynea may not really be able to explain y the previous gynea said tat n u might b more upset.
U shld c ur gynea n ask ur gynea to explain wat it mean by if by 38 weeks bb not coming out will have to tink of sumting. Y 38 weeks? Will bb weight really decrease? Wat is the cause of it?
Wat is the ideal weight for ur bb to arrive?
Nw at 34 weeks, if bb stop growing or do not reach the ideal weight wats the risk?
All all the questions which may disturb u.
Remember? we pay the gynea so ask watever u wan to knw rather than wondering mayb tis or tat...
Tis is no gd for the bb...

joeichen

Yeah datz what i thought of too...meanwhile, i reali hope that my baby is growing on well & fine..will wait for updates during my next check @ 36th wk nxt Sat...
If u really wori, dun wait till next sat.
Visit ur gynea tis 2 days so u can have a better slp.

apollo

Yeah kind of la...coz Ive read most articles is that @ dis stage baby shud be putting on weight but my baby seems not to be absorbing the nutrients lei...he's only between 1.9-2kg @ 34th week but gynae assured me that he's growing normally & fine..she told me that if by end May (38th wk) if baby dun wanna cum out then she gotta do sumtink!! But tinking abt it, EDD is 13June (40th wk), y wud she wanna make my baby cum out @ 38th?? She told me that she dun want my baby to decrease in weight!! It seems so ironic coz @ one point say everything norm & another point is another comment....haizz...i feel so worried for my little one..i want him to be born naturally healthy...
actu i dun think ur BB is small.. cos tt time when i was 32 week min is 1.5 and my gyna assure me tt it's normal... eh but ur gynae realli funny lo... wanna ur bb to come out early.. or izzit lik wat u mentioned above; becos ur bb doesn't really absorb much from u tt's y she suggest bb to come out early so can feed milk o make bb grow??

Basha

actu i dun think ur BB is small.. cos tt time when i was 32 week min is 1.5 and my gyna assure me tt it's normal... eh but ur gynae realli funny lo... wanna ur bb to come out early.. or izzit lik wat u mentioned above; becos ur bb doesn't really absorb much from u tt's y she suggest bb to come out early so can feed milk o make bb grow??
She just told me that she doensnt want my baby's weight to decrease didnt mention abt wanting him to cum out early so can feed milk or watsoever lei...BTW, watz ur baby's weight now since ur baby is also @ 34thwk rite? We share the same EDD wat.. (",)

Basha

ya ya.... The new gynea will not knw if thr is "any pro" between ur pregnancy n new gynea may not really be able to explain y the previous gynea said tat n u might b more upset.
U shld c ur gynea n ask ur gynea to explain wat it mean by if by 38 weeks bb not coming out will have to tink of sumting. Y 38 weeks? Will bb weight really decrease? Wat is the cause of it?
Wat is the ideal weight for ur bb to arrive?
Nw at 34 weeks, if bb stop growing or do not reach the ideal weight wats the risk?
All all the questions which may disturb u.
Remember? we pay the gynea so ask watever u wan to knw rather than wondering mayb tis or tat...
Tis is no gd for the bb...
Hey babe thx for the abv...i'd pour out all these queries to her so that i can put my mind @ ease..

apollo

She just told me that she doensnt want my baby's weight to decrease didnt mention abt wanting him to cum out early so can feed milk or watsoever lei...BTW, watz ur baby's weight now since ur baby is also @ 34thwk rite? We share the same EDD wat.. (",)
ur gynae v funny leh! also didnt explain much to u de.. LOL! this thurs is my checkup but the previous one i went is ard 32weeks and bb is only ard 1.5kilo.. i feel that he's small as compared to others from this forum and also i did some "research" b4 the checkup and would expect him to be at least 1.6kilo but gynae still say his size is consider normal... i update u again on thurs on his latest weight?? =D

Basha

ur gynae v funny leh! also didnt explain much to u de.. LOL! this thurs is my checkup but the previous one i went is ard 32weeks and bb is only ard 1.5kilo.. i feel that he's small as compared to others from this forum and also i did some "research" b4 the checkup and would expect him to be at least 1.6kilo but gynae still say his size is consider normal... i update u again on thurs on his latest weight?? =D
Ok ok will do...guess ur baby will oreadi be 34wks+ rite during ur upcoming checkup!! Hope evrything goes well for both u & baby too...my baby @ 31wks+ omost to 32wks was @ 1.8kg...

Basha

I've just had my checkup 3days ago coz i cant stand the cramps & contractions...my baby's weight was @ 2.5-2.6kg...gynae expecting him to be out on 21st or 22nd May & if by 27th not out she wanna induce me & if by aftnn not out aftr the induce will hv to go thru c-sect!!! Rsn being constant cramps & contractions arent gd for baby's growth....i find it ridiculuos!! Datz y i'm asking ard now if i were to change gynae @ dis stage, how izit gonna be like?? I'm reali 2 my wits ends!!! I'd be seeing her again on 18th May for checkup & i'm gonna tell her that i dun wanna get induced but is she still insist, I'D WANNA CHANGE GYNAE ON THE SPOT!!! Coz on 27th my baby is 37wks+, its not past the EDD yet wanna be induced!!!:we2arghh:

uddermummy

basha, if you're really not comfortable, then do change a gynae rather than stress yourself out. I regretted not changing mine. :(

But do you have someone in mind before you change? Better have someone in mind or you'll be left hanging.

Call to make an appointment; they'll prob ask you to transfer all your previous gynae notes (blood test results, 32wks detailed scan etc) and take it with you to the new gynae.

If you want to change, do it soon so that the new gynae can have time to understand your pregnancy.

btw, 2.5kg is a v healthy weight. the average is from 2.5kg to 4kg for full-term babies.

I feel that you shouldn't be induced if there's nothing wrong with the baby. It's really painful, and usually used only if bb is long overdue and if water bag has burst and there's still no contractions, i heard. If bb is in distress, i don't think it's safe to induce

Did your gynae tell you if you're just having false contractions (braxton hicks)? Cos if you're having real contractions, you would have to give you medication to stop them and prob put you on bed rest.

Hi.
Jus to share my experience.
I changed my gyn at 38th week cos my previous gyn thought my baby was big (birth wt 3.38kg, 39 weeks) and he wanted to perform a c sect at 38th week.
Initially, he said he would let me go for natural birth. I was determined to go for natural birth. I did a lot of research and took up a birthing class. I consulted a new gyn at 38th week and gave birth at 39 weeks after 19 hrs of contraction with no epidural.

If it's time for baby to come out, he'll come out naturally... Why pluck the unripe fruit from the tree?

Basha

basha, if you're really not comfortable, then do change a gynae rather than stress yourself out. I regretted not changing mine. :(

But do you have someone in mind before you change? Better have someone in mind or you'll be left hanging.

Call to make an appointment; they'll prob ask you to transfer all your previous gynae notes (blood test results, 32wks detailed scan etc) and take it with you to the new gynae.

If you want to change, do it soon so that the new gynae can have time to understand your pregnancy.

btw, 2.5kg is a v healthy weight. the average is from 2.5kg to 4kg for full-term babies.

I feel that you shouldn't be induced if there's nothing wrong with the baby. It's really painful, and usually used only if bb is long overdue and if water bag has burst and there's still no contractions, i heard. If bb is in distress, i don't think it's safe to induce

Did your gynae tell you if you're just having false contractions (braxton hicks)? Cos if you're having real contractions, you would have to give you medication to stop them and prob put you on bed rest.
Hi Dear,during last wk's checkup when i was at 35wks+,gynae did mention that constant cramps & contractions arent gd for the growth of baby. I was given jabs & some medication to ctrl the cramps (even given 1wk MC to bedrest) but after taking it,the cramps are still der...Yesterday had a checkup again & now my baby's weight indeed decrease,he's @ 2.3-2.5kg...so she advised me that she has to bring baby out this weekend on 23rd when he's @ 37wks to avoid further decrease in his weight & assured me that he wont be placed in the incubator..i was @ wits ends getting to knonw that my baby isnt growing..she did tell me that she wouldnt wanna any-o-how ask her patients to go for c-sect for no rhyme or rsn..she has all the facts thru out my pregnancy...so looks like for the sake of my baby's health,I'd go ahead for the c-sect this coming Sat..me & hubby pray that as long he's healthy the weight doesnt matter...we can pump him with milk when he's out...