Anyone Tested Negative but pregnant? or missed menses after ectopic

crystaloves

:embarrassed:i am kinda curious cos how could it be tested negative when u're pregnant? I am not saying i am but i missed my periods for a month le.. but i tested negative so i belive or guess there might be some other issues? just wanna see aorund whether is there anyone have such a experience? or have any menses problems after ectopic experience?

shijiaxin

Hi Cystaloves,

when i got my ecoptic, i missed my menses for a month and the flow of my menses not normal as previous .
In order to get my health back I did have a lot follow ups with my gynae to ensure my tube and womb are ok. In additionally I also went to TCM to get my health and womb in shape.

my gynae told us to stop for 3 months upon the operation as that is the period for the wound to be healed...

Hope my reply helps.

crystaloves

Hi Cystaloves,

when i got my ecoptic, i missed my menses for a month and the flow of my menses not normal as previous .
In order to get my health back I did have a lot follow ups with my gynae to ensure my tube and womb are ok. In additionally I also went to traditional chinese medicine to get my health and womb in shape.

my gynae told us to stop for 3 months upon the operation as that is the period for the wound to be healed...

Hope my reply helps.
hey add me in msn? jewel_cutey@hotmail.com

reiann

:embarrassed:i am kinda curious cos how could it be tested negative when u're pregnant? I am not saying i am but i missed my periods for a month le.. but i tested negative so i belive or guess there might be some other issues? just wanna see aorund whether is there anyone have such a experience? or have any menses problems after ectopic experience?
Hi Crystaloves,

My period was late so I tested myself using home pregnancy kits - all negative. So I thought I just had a weird ovulation/hormonal month, and thought nothing about it. When my period finally came 2 weeks later, it was very weird, I passed tissue and all that, and kept bleeding for almost two weeks. Went to see my gynae, and she and I thought initially it was just an abnormal anovulating month (i.e. I did not ovulate), but she insisted I take a pregnancy test with them anyway. And woah, it came back positive! So we both thought now I had a spontaneous miscarriage. I didn't understand why those home pregnancy tests didn't test positive! Grr.

Then... I started to bleed again so i took another blood test for HCG levels, and sure enough it was higher, i.e. suspected ectopic. This is not my first.. so gynae was worried, got me a methatrexate jab.

So, I think it may be because your HCG levels are very, very low, hence those home preg tests did not show positive.

Give your body about 3 months to recover after an ectopic. It will be fine. good luck!

yumitan

it's possible to get negative results when pregnant.. i missed menses for 3 months and tested with a pregnancy test kit but got negative results.. waited for 1 more month and menses still did not come.. so went to polyclinic for a check and my pregnancy test is positive... i even bought the 99% accurate pregnancy test kit.. :elvis:

zoan

it's possible to get negative results when pregnant.. i missed menses for 3 months and tested with a pregnancy test kit but got negative results.. waited for 1 more month and menses still did not come.. so went to polyclinic for a check and my pregnancy test is positive... i even bought the 99% accurate pregnancy test kit.. :elvis:

Btw u went to polyclinic they do blood test for u to confirm? So when u comfirm ur pregnancy that is how many months?

Last edited: