Anyone thinking of/ changed Gynae during this trimester?

Judy

Hi Ladies

I am wondering if anyone of you have changed your gynae during this trimester? You see I am comtemplating changing mine.

I find my gynae to lack the personal touch for me. Whenever I go and see her, our session usually do not last more than 10mins. When I did my detailed scan recently, the session only last said 15mins at the most.

The gynae did not bother to tell us much info throughout the scan except to said that your bb is fine all her vital organs look normal and that she is about 300+grams. When I ask to know her length, the gynae just tell me that at this stage she is not concerned about the length anymore. So she did not bother to explain further.

I also notice that many a time, I ask her some questions, she almost alway never answer them directly. Most of the time, she stops me in my track and say that it is not important now and etc. Although the gynae is not rude to me ... I just find that she is very superfical and she lacks the personal touch. I find that I always have to make an attempt to get her to answer my questions without her having to put me off.

So far, we have paid S$800 for the consultation package which only include 2-D scans. I have been to 5 consultation sessions with her now.

Do you think it's advisable to change gynae at this stage? Also I am worried about what other gynae might think of me. Will they think that I could be a fussy customer and charge more? Actually frankly speaking, I do not think that I am fussy nor have I ask too many questions. Usually I ask questions because my gynae is not forthcoming with her advices or what she saw on the ultrasound screen etc.

Can anyone of you please advise? Thanks!

LoVeS

Hi Ladies

I am wondering if anyone of you have changed your gynae during this trimester? You see I am comtemplating changing mine.

I find my gynae to lack the personal touch for me. Whenever I go and see her, our session usually do not last more than 10mins. When I did my detailed scan recently, the session only last said 15mins at the most.

The gynae did not bother to tell us much info throughout the scan except to said that your bb is fine all her vital organs look normal and that she is about 300+grams. When I ask to know her length, the gynae just tell me that at this stage she is not concerned about the length anymore. So she did not bother to explain further.

I also notice that many a time, I ask her some questions, she almost alway never answer them directly. Most of the time, she stops me in my track and say that it is not important now and etc. Although the gynae is not rude to me ... I just find that she is very superfical and she lacks the personal touch. I find that I always have to make an attempt to get her to answer my questions without her having to put me off.

So far, we have paid S$800 for the consultation package which only include 2-D scans. I have been to 5 consultation sessions with her now.

Do you think it's advisable to change gynae at this stage? Also I am worried about what other gynae might think of me. Will they think that I could be a fussy customer and charge more? Actually frankly speaking, I do not think that I am fussy nor have I ask too many questions. Usually I ask questions because my gynae is not forthcoming with her advices or what she saw on the ultrasound screen etc.

Can anyone of you please advise? Thanks!
If ur uncomfortable wif ur current gynae then go ahead change to sum1 ur comfortable wif. I changed mine frm KKH to Mt A during 28wk n the new gynae u changed wont ask so much but u will need to get all the reports frm ur current gynae when u go see a new gynae.

Hope my info helps.:tlaugh:

Judy

Hi Loves

Could you share with me to whom do u hop to and how much is his/her charges?
Are we required to sign up their delivery packages? Also can teach me how you ask your previous gynae to give you all the reports? Is he/she obliged to give u those reports in the first case? Also can u be abit more specific on what kind of reports are u referring to? Cos for mine, so far I have taken the 1st trimester screening report and it is with me and not with gynae. Other than this, I do not have other tests.

LoVeS

Hi Loves

Could you share with me to whom do u hop to and how much is his/her charges?
Are we required to sign up their delivery packages? Also can teach me how you ask your previous gynae to give you all the reports? Is he/she obliged to give u those reports in the first case? Also can u be abit more specific on what kind of reports are u referring to? Cos for mine, so far I have taken the 1st trimester screening report and it is with me and not with gynae. Other than this, I do not have other tests.
I hop to Dr Ho at Mt A n his package start frm 20wk $600 but not sure any increase after gst BUT seriously i wont recommend u go to him if u on budget coz his fee is really ex, for my case i cant take package coz bo hua n i pay so much for him, his delivery fee aso ex lor but his stitches is gd. As for package is depending on u n how many wks u are. Juz request frm ur gynae nurse for the reports lor, for my case i request frm kkh. Reports are all ultrasound scans n all blood test done at ur gynae

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
I changed gynae at week 38 (ds1 arrived on week 39). reasons were that I was unhappy with my gynae's 'auto' decision to schedule a c-section for me. She didn't give me any options just said that was the only way to go.

I found out from other moms that breech babies can be born 'naturally' without a c-section and there were various methods I could try in order to encourage my baby to turn.

It was from one gynae to another in KKH so there wasn't any problem with records... I did approach a pte gynae at that point (Paul Tseng) and he was willing to take up my case as well.

So yes, I would change gynae if I was really unhappy with the way things were going.

Judy

Hi All

I have just received quotation from another gynae...the cost for consultations (9X) comes up to S$700! That's quite a bit of $$$ to me! It got me thinking whether I should just complete the consultation visits with the existing one but get the new gynae to do with my delivery. Do u think any new gynae would do that? :-(

Leanne

My gynae was so so only too. The scan usually last less than 10 mins lor.

But when ask him qns, he'll be more happy to answer you la.. Hehe.

My gynae was so so only too. The scan usually last less than 10 mins lor.

But when ask him qns, he'll be more happy to answer you la.. Hehe.
mine also.. less than 10 mins..
think ard 5 mins only!!
but he'll answer my questions.

if u dont feel comfortable with ur current gynae, change.
u're paying for it.

LoVeS

Hi All

I have just received quotation from another gynae...the cost for consultations (9X) comes up to S$700! That's quite a bit of $$$ to me! It got me thinking whether I should just complete the consultation visits with the existing one but get the new gynae to do with my delivery. Do u think any new gynae would do that? :-(
NO gynae would do tt coz they need to knw ur health condition as well as ur bb condition which u juz jump over to new gynae all sudden he/she will b clueless abt ur case.

For my case my gynae nearly didnt wan to take up my case coz abit late liao but after he knw i got ppl recommend so he help me. I wanted c-section while kkh dun allow patient to opt for c-sect so need to go pte.

stonston

jus curious, r u currently at Northern Hope?

if realli wanna change gynae, do it fast...n depending on which gynae u r with now, it is possible to transfer package....or ask for a refund based on e no of visits u have gone...

I changed gyne @ 15wk fm NUH to TMC due to distance but I hv problem getting my medical record n test results. Gotta apply to get my medical record n test results. Pd $80.25 but still waiting for the report. N time is tight for me as I need the oscar test results to determine if I need to take amnio test. Requested NUH to fax oscar test results but wz incomplete:Dancing_furious:

No need to tell new gyne the reason u change gyne. I dun think he/she will ask.

For your case, u already pd the package chrg. So lose out on tis.

LoVeS

if i am not wrong for govt hospital u wan to get report u need to apply n wait for couple of days b4 u get ur reports so tt u can show ur new gynae. Tats wat happened for me frm kkh to Mt A.

xiaodaisy

but if not comfortable wif current de can change anytime mah cos for first time mummies u find a gd wan would be better cos e doc can explain more detailed mah.. for mi i had e same doc for e both, actually second wan change to a cheaper wan but due to the service i get i rather spend more n get to my old doc..

petrinagoh

I also changed gynae frm Mt A - Glens H. Cause I feel tat my previous gynae nv give me the necessary tests. Neither did he inform he tat those tests were recommended. Until I asked him then he went *Oh ya, u havent NT scan yet hor* So he immed sent me to TMC to do the NT Scan as his machine not able to check. I was 14wks then. Last day to do NT Scan. & I brought forward our appt by 4 days because i was intending to fly on tat day... Hmph... So i decided to change gynae. Then I realised tat I missed out on so many supplements... I so angry... Luckily I nv sign package wif the previous gynae.

If necessary, seek second opinion. My hb asked me do so long time ago, but as the previous gynae delivered my friend's bb 3yrs ago, i tot he was reliable... I was wrong.

Judy

Hi ladies

Thanks for sharing ur thoughts in this area. However due to economical reasons, I have to stick with current Gynae. Perhaps I am too fussy ba. :-(

leesm105

For my 1st child gynae was Dr. Koh at TP central, he is old but friendly. But, again booking for next appmt is killing... 30mins different need to wait more than 1hr. So, normally min need to wait for 1 to 1.5 hrs just to see him for 5mins. I reliased that if your pregnancy is normal & not much problem/complexity the sesson will be just 5mins, or 10mins the most. I changed gynae when my 2nd preg, Dr Fong is more patient, play safe, give opinion & advise accordingly but was much expensive, my overall checkup + details checkup etc has end up abt $1k+. Another thing is his stiching is much better...

priscilla

I switched gyn from Glen to one in Mt E. as the first gyn was not available to help me deliver during the period when my EDD was so he asked me to switch and he passed all my record to the new gyn.

It is not to late to switch, both my gyn are very patients but you have to prepare your questions and they will answer them.