Anyone tried pigeon steam sterilizer?

Ekari

Yes, It's really great.
I got the Pigeon Universal Steam Sterilizer as a hand-me-down from my cousin when I gave birth to my baby boy 3 months ago. Description: It is a compact, easy-to-use, and over-all practical and efficient sterilizer. The cover lifts to a slotted layer where you put the nipples, bottle covers, and other small items for sterilization (I also put small breastpump parts & medicine droppers in this area). The slotted layer then lifts to the main compartment where you can put up to 8 12-oz bottles, as well as other larger items for sterilization.
How to Use: It couldn’t be any easier to use this sterilizer. What you do is, after washing bottles/nipples/caps etc thoroughly with soap and water (I use the Pigeon edible bottle and vegetable washer, which I aslo love), you place everything into the sterilizer, putting the small parts in the upper compartment and the bigger parts in the main/bottom compartment, measure out the required amout of water which is 75ml (measuring cup is also provided with the unit), pour it into the sterilizer (it will go to the bottom layer), put the cover on, and press the power bottom. In 5 to 10 minutes, all your stuff are sterilized. It’s as easy as that.
What I love: I love that it’s so very easy to use, even a very inexperienced and technically challenged person (like caregivers or maids or grandparents etc) cannot get this wrong. I also love that it’s very quick to sterilize, and it uses very little water to get the job done, so i get the sense that it is very efficient. No need to stand over the stove, no need to wait 30 or so minutes to get the deed done, and this sterilizer is very easy on your bottles.
What I hate: Although I recognize that this sterilizer I think is meant to be placed beside a sink, I hate that a little bit of water trickles out at the bottom of the sterilizer, and I have had to put a try under the sterilizer to collect the water and pour it out once a day, since I use the sterilizer inside my baby’s room. Also, my cousin told me specifically not to put more than the required amount of water or you will damage the unit.
Rating: 9
Source: Pigeon Universal Steam Sterilizer review

joeybeadz

I used both before. I prefer Pigeon. It is definately bigger capacity than Avent. You can put your pump together with the other bottles and sterlise together at the same time. Avent is smaller and will not have enough space to put so many at once.

Tannie

Oh, thanks joey. Now I am more assured.
Btw is itnecessary to get the biggest steriliser? How many milk bottle do we need to prepare for newborn?

joeybeadz

Well, I feel the bigger the better. Because you will also need to sterlise the milk bottles u used for pumping. Bigger means you dont have to sterlise so many times in a day. Well, for me, I had 6-8 125/180 ml kind. Are you breastfeeding directly?

MamabbJ

Hi Tannie,

Yes, I like the Pigeon steriliser. I think it is one of the best items that I have bought aft my baby was born. My hubby quickly bought it on Day 2 aft labour because we realised boiling hot water sterilisation is too troublesome. It is also light, roomy and flexible if you have various bottle sizes. Price is also very reasonable.

Tannie

Well, I feel the bigger the better. Because you will also need to sterlise the milk bottles u used for pumping. Bigger means you dont have to sterlise so many times in a day. Well, for me, I had 6-8 125/180 ml kind. Are you breastfeeding directly?
Hi joeybeadz, I think I will breast feed directly at the beginning n switch to bottle when returning to work...

Tannie

Thanks mamabbj, I think it is a good deal too, beside it can act as bottle/food warmer, 3in1 cost $168.