Anyone TTC by IUI?

Hi duhduh,

I done my 1st IVF (APR'09) in KKH but failed. Still consider which hospital for my 2nd IVF. Will decide after my holiday trip in June.

lawla12

Hi duhduh,

I done my 1st IVF (APR'09) in KKH but failed. Still consider which hospital for my 2nd IVF. Will decide after my holiday trip in June.
did u try :we2Randy-git: wif DH after ur IVF ???

for my IUI, gynae ask me DUN DUN DUN haf any activities wif DH after my ovulation cos i got too many eggs...she scare i will kana mutiple pregnancy.....

but apparently, i'm NOT preggie....sobz...still tinking if i :we2Randy-git: wif DH, will my chance b higher....

but, wad has past is past....no point looking back n make myself unhappy

LETS ALL JIA YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shyxxx:

duhduh

Hi duhduh,

Oh, can I ask what gives you the courage to choose IVF?

Do you have to pay cash or claim direct from medisave?

lawla12

Oh, can I ask what gives you the courage to choose IVF?

Do you have to pay cash or claim direct from medisave?
hahaha..same as me....

i oso dun haf the courage to do IVF...

u know, for my 1st IUI when the gynae suddenly suggest doing IVF instead cos i got too many eggs, i was STUNNED !!!!!!!!!!! i cant tink properly, i'm very scare too.......

i called my DH over the tel n told him....

when i reach home, DH BOMB me alot of Q....of cos, i duno the ans cos i cant even tink properly when the gynae suddenly suggest IVF....super shock for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but heng, i did IUI instead........

duhduh

hahaha..same as me....

u know, for my 1st IUI when the gynae suddenly suggest doing IVF instead cos i got too many eggs, i was STUNNED !!!!!!!!!!! i cant tink properly, i'm very scare too.......

when i reach home, DH BOMB me alot of Q....of cos, i duno the ans cos i cant even tink properly when the gynae suddenly suggest IVF....super shock for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaaha..same lar.When we went to take report, the only 'treatment' gynae gave was to go for IVF..think both me and DH stunned..duno how to react. End up blur blur agreed to doing IUI first.hahahaha

lawla12

hahaaha..same lar.When we went to take report, the only 'treatment' gynae gave was to go for IVF..think both me and DH stunned..duno how to react. End up blur blur agreed to doing IUI first.hahahaha
kekkeee....really hor...the gynae hor..really gave both of us a SHOCK !!!!!!

its worse than getting our O'levels/ degree results !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy D

Alpha Male
hahaha..same as me....

Hey Lawla,
I also bombed my DW alot of Q... b4 we went down to see KKH gynae some mths back.... rather than being cornered to make a decision on the spot.
- How many times IUI u ready to try?
- What is the success rate?
- If IUI not successful how?
- When is the cut-off point?
- Age is catching up...
etc...

So I did research online and also from this thread... n discuss with DW on the possible scenarios.... cos' DW also cannot think logically when come to this matter.... Daddy is less emotionally attached to this matter bah.

We agree that from the gynae's point of view... it is of no harm trying...
while from our point of view... the downside is $$$ and fear of false hopes.

End of the day, it's DW's decision and how comfortable is she with the various Ops, n DH just has to be supportive bah... rather than to regret in future for not trying.

The idea of IUI (jabs/visits/hosp leave) still haven't quite sink into my DW's mind... but if she wants to do it, then have to prepare the neccessary bah.

DW says she won't do IVF if IUI fails.

We still trying naturally... see how :)

lawla12

Hey Lawla,
I also bombed my DW alot of Q... b4 we went down to see KKH gynae some mths back.... rather than being cornered to make a decision on the spot.
- How many times IUI u ready to try?
- What is the success rate?
- If IUI not successful how?
- When is the cut-off point?
- Age is catching up...
etc...

So I did research online and also from this thread... n discuss with DW on the possible scenarios.... cos' DW also cannot think logically when come to this matter.... Daddy is less emotionally attached to this matter bah.

We agree that from the gynae's point of view... it is of no harm trying...
while from our point of view... the downside is $$$ and fear of false hopes.

End of the day, it's DW's decision and how comfortable is she with the various Ops, n DH just has to be supportive bah... rather than to regret in future for not trying.

The idea of IUI (jabs/visits/hosp leave) still haven't quite sink into my DW's mind... but if she wants to do it, then have to prepare the neccessary bah.

DW says she won't do IVF if IUI fails.

We still trying naturally... see how :)

DADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oooh, ur case is both of u r "normal"....

for my case, my eggs r NOT fertite (meaning, bo ovulation laaa)......so, even if i try myself.....my chance is zero yaaaaaaa........

i've been trying since yr2008 (unprotect :we2Randy-git:)
then Aug 2008, i go see gynae le...then found tat i got such problem...HAIZ!!!

for IUI, the success rate is 30% yaaaa....i'm the unlucky 70%.....but nevertheless, we juz keep trying yaaaaaa......

so ur DW needs to take injection ???? she dun respond to clomid ???

Daddy D

Alpha Male
DADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDY D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oooh, ur case is both of u r "normal"....

for my case, my eggs r NOT fertite (meaning, bo ovulation laaa)......so, even if i try myself.....my chance is zero yaaaaaaa........

i've been trying since yr2008 (unprotect :we2Randy-git:)
then Aug 2008, i go see gynae le...then found tat i got such problem...HAIZ!!!

for IUI, the success rate is 30% yaaaa....i'm the unlucky 70%.....but nevertheless, we juz keep trying yaaaaaa......

so ur DW needs to take injection ???? she dun respond to clomid ???
my case also not very normal lah... if normal shld be kena 2nd liao... gynae said maybe DD is really lucky case (SIMI LOGIC)... assuming all things are constant... of cos' age/health differs when we get older.

Difference is perhaps less urgency for my case bah...

DW is on clomid... shld be ok.
But gynae suggested the injection thingy if we opt for IUI.
gynae is always "no harm trying"... if cheap solution dun work, use Expensive solution... cos' not their $$$!!! TMD :p
So I always try to talk some logic n sense to DW... else she sure jump in with her eyes closed! :p
DH also need to be mentally prepared... if not DW also waste time/$$/effort.

Dunno want to go ahead with KKH IUI anot... like no success story from KKH leh...

duhduh

my case also not very normal lah... if normal shld be kena 2nd liao... gynae said maybe DD is really lucky case (SIMI LOGIC)... assuming all things are constant... of cos' age/health differs when we get older.

gynae is always "no harm trying"... if cheap solution dun work, use Expensive solution... cos' not their $$$!!! TMD :p
So I always try to talk some logic n sense to DW... else she sure jump in with her eyes closed! :p

Dunno want to go ahead with KKH IUI anot... like no success story from KKH leh...
hmm..i am wondering...so far how many success case for IUI? In KKH, SGH, Pte?

Oink

hmm..i am wondering...so far how many success case for IUI? In KKH, SGH, Pte?
In this forum, seems like more success cases for Pte than places like KKH & SGH leh. But for IVF rate, many seems to prefer KKH or SGH... Guess it's cheaper doing IVF in public hosp than in pte... more subsidy. Haha, but dun think any of the hosp will post out such statistics bah unless to their advantage.

But I feel that at the end of the day, we muz be comfortable wif the gynae & have confidence in him/her... that's like winning half the battle... can relax more during procedure rather than worry if he/she is inserting well... & stuff.

lawla12

LOL~...those gynae hor....smtimes like to "smoke" us through de!!!!

for my case, i dun respond to clomid at all yaaa...sad sad sadz.....

yes u'r rite, my DH oso say it many times...he say at the end of the day, he can only support me, but i will b the one going thr all the pain (injections), taking all the med.......

KKH arrr, so far, sounds like all negative comments leh.....

for IVF, the cost is really too high yaaaa.....if 5k, i dun mind trying......

duhduh

LOL~...those gynae hor....smtimes like to "smoke" us through de!!!!

for my case, i dun respond to clomid at all yaaa...sad sad sadz.....

yes u'r rite, my DH oso say it many times...he say at the end of the day, he can only support me, but i will b the one going thr all the pain (injections), taking all the med.......

KKH arrr, so far, sounds like all negative comments leh.....

for IVF, the cost is really too high yaaaa.....if 5k, i dun mind trying......
Hi how come I got no injections when i do IUI? And I saw from somwhere that you spent almost $4k on 1 IUI? Different gynae different practice ah?

lawla12

Hi how come I got no injections when i do IUI? And I saw from somwhere that you spent almost $4k on 1 IUI? Different gynae different practice ah?
ya loh......pocket BIG hole le....

like i mentioned, i dun response to clomid........so, i've to take another stronger med which is the jabs yaaaaaaaa......

urs is normal case (ur eggs can grow??) ???

for me, my eggs dun grow at all, tats y dun haf ovulation....i need fertity pills to make my eggs grow........

duhduh

ya loh......pocket BIG hole le....

like i mentioned, i dun response to clomid........so, i've to take another stronger med which is the jabs yaaaaaaaa......

urs is normal case (ur eggs can grow??) ???

for me, my eggs dun grow at all, tats y dun haf ovulation....i need fertity pills to make my eggs grow........
ahh..i dont know whether my eggs can grow leh? I also took clomid..then went for scan on D10, eggs were small then. So D16 i went back to scan again, still not ready yet.Then they gave me ovulation kit and ask me test myself. The day I get 2 lines, i go back for IUI. But no more scans after that...so does that mean my eggs grow?

lawla12

ahh..i dont know whether my eggs can grow leh? I also took clomid..then went for scan on D10, eggs were small then. So D16 i went back to scan again, still not ready yet.Then they gave me ovulation kit and ask me test myself. The day I get 2 lines, i go back for IUI. But no more scans after that...so does that mean my eggs grow?
shd be got yaaa...otherwise, ur gynae wont do IUI de....

if got grow = measure size etc, when the egg reaches a certain size, means u'r ovulating soon le...........then gynae will do IUI.....

means u'r ok wif clomid yaaaa....hehehehee :tlaugh::tlaugh:

duhduh

shd be got yaaa...otherwise, ur gynae wont do IUI de....

if got grow = measure size etc, when the egg reaches a certain size, means u'r ovulating soon le...........then gynae will do IUI.....

means u'r ok wif clomid yaaaa....hehehehee :tlaugh::tlaugh:
But my gynae never check the status of my egg during IUI leh..they just proceed to do becoz i say got 2 lines on the ovulation kit...so means i do ovulate?

lawla12

But my gynae never check the status of my egg during IUI leh..they just proceed to do becoz i say got 2 lines on the ovulation kit...so means i do ovulate?
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

u mean, during IUI process, u nv go back to check ??

during IUI process, i've been returning for my v-scan (to check the size of my egg) evy 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tats y, i keep taking 1/2day leave........

then when the egg reaches certain size, gynae say i'm ovulating soon...then take blood test to check when is the date (the blood test has the duno wad level of xxxxxx ting produce by our body when ovulating).......

back at home, i oso test myself wor (ovulation kit).......its positive when i did my IUI........

urs is KKH ?????

Hi lawla12,
I did not ML with DH after the embryos had been trfed although the nurses said can but I dun dare to.

Hi duhduh,
Both my fallopian tube ruptured due to two ectopic pregnanacies. So the only way to TTC is thru IVF. I got no choice although I am scare. My total bill is 10K ( pay cash 1K). There r a lot of forms to sign before do IVF include CPF form. The hospital will deduct directly fm ur medisave a/c. There r three stages in IVF, first and third stage use cash, second stage use medisave and gov co-fund.

Last edited: