Anyone TTC by IUI?

duhduh

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

u mean, during IUI process, u nv go back to check ??

during IUI process, i've been returning for my v-scan (to check the size of my egg) evy 2 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tats y, i keep taking 1/2day leave........

then when the egg reaches certain size, gynae say i'm ovulating soon...then take blood test to check when is the date (the blood test has the duno wad level of xxxxxx ting produce by our body when ovulating).......

back at home, i oso test myself wor (ovulation kit).......its positive when i did my IUI........

urs is KKH ?????
Before the actual day that I do IUI, only went back to scan twice lor...D10 and D16..after that is depend on the ovulation kit woh...So at the point i do IUI, i dont know how big my eggs are and how many are there! I also didnt have any blood test leh....
mine is at SGH....hmm, maybe thats why the cost difference? I paid about $500+ for the whole procedure.

So you also did the IUI when ovulation kit is positive? So I also did when mine was positive..wonder if same effect?

duhduh

Hi lawla12,
I did not ML with DH after the embryos had been trfed although the nurses said can but I dun dare to.

Hi duhduh,
Both my fallopian tube ruptured due to two ectopic pregnanacies. So the only way to TTC is thru IVF. I got no choice although I am scare. My total bill is 10K ( pay cash 1K). There r a lot of forms to sign before do IVF include CPF form. The hospital will deduct directly fm ur medisave a/c. There r three stages in IVF, first and third stage use cash, second stage use medisave and gov co-fund.
Hi Piyopiyo33,
Ohhh....so you only left with IVF ah...still,very brave to go ahead with it woh. You mean for your 1st and 3rd stage, you only paid $1k cash? I'm thinking if this round IUI not successful, will proceed to IVF but scared the amount of cash required..coz me no cash one lor...

lawla12

Hi Piyopiyo33,
Ohhh....so you only left with IVF ah...still,very brave to go ahead with it woh. You mean for your 1st and 3rd stage, you only paid $1k cash? I'm thinking if this round IUI not successful, will proceed to IVF but scared the amount of cash required..coz me no cash one lor...
same......i oso bo cash.......

get prepared for 10k cash is ALOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if the 1st IVF strike, i guess, all of us wont mind....

but, there's nv a guarantee~

ally

Hi Ally,

Hope u recover soon. So when r u going to try for ur 2nd IVF? Private or gov hospital? Me still have not decide yet. Can private hospital use medisave (2nd time-5K, 3rd time-4K)? FYI, I recd my bill total 10K, got to pay 1K in cash, not cheap and service not good. I checked TMC they charged ard 12K-15K.

Take care.
hi piyopiyo, oink, justforgags n all

well my tummy is very big at the moment due to the surgery cos of (gas). i went back to my gyn for review on the third days after surgery, well the dvd shown was digusting n u can see the fibroids grow out of the uterus wall n the fibroid seems to have neck attach to it. my whole surgery took 2 hrs .

thro scanning one is able to detect fibroids but as it times passby it will grows in size n hinder fertility! b4 my 1st ivf i already know i had 3 fibroids 3cm big when i took them out already close to 5 cm . my first gyn in kkh sae it doesnt matter but it not truth n i waste 4k on my ivf.

i now on chinese medication n western antibody first . i may try my 2nd ivf in geneagles after my womb recover tat will another 2 to 3 mths later

thanks

J

justforgags

hi piyopiyo, oink, justforgags n all

well my tummy is very big at the moment due to the surgery cos of (gas). i went back to my gyn for review on the third days after surgery, well the dvd shown was digusting n u can see the fibroids grow out of the uterus wall n the fibroid seems to have neck attach to it. my whole surgery took 2 hrs .

thro scanning one is able to detect fibroids but as it times passby it will grows in size n hinder fertility! b4 my 1st ivf i already know i had 3 fibroids 3cm big when i took them out already close to 5 cm . my first gyn in kkh sae it doesnt matter but it not truth n i waste 4k on my ivf.

i now on chinese medication n western antibody first . i may try my 2nd ivf in geneagles after my womb recover tat will another 2 to 3 mths later

thanks

my oh my.. how cn kkh do tt:realmad:... waste ur money, time n effort n also ur emotions:we2arghh:... i think gynaes dun hv their standard practice:bunsure:..

Rest well dear ally:we2cool:!

lawla12

i remind my DH tat in june/july he has to take 1 day leave for my 2nd IUI (my AF irregular, so i cant tell him when is the exact date)....

i know at the same time, he has a very BIG project which will start next fri...he will b super BUSY after tat...the project lasts for 6mths.....

he ask if he needs to stay throughout my whole IUI process, he's tinking of depositing his little soliders....then go off liao....

the moment i HEARD him saying it, my whole face is super black.....

helo, 1 day of leave oso cannot take for my IUI ????? his colleagues on the SAME TEAM as him, can take 1-2days leave.....but y he cannot ????

work is MORE impt than my 2nd IUI or wad ???????

i'm only asking for 1 day...NOT A WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm super pissed off when i heard his ans!!!!!!

fedup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do u all expect ur DH to b wif u throughout the day of IUI ????

for check-ups, i go alone cos its really no point draggin him along...but for IUI, i feel tat, at least he shd accompany me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy D

Alpha Male
i remind my DH tat in june/july he has to take 1 day leave for my 2nd IUI (my AF irregular, so i cant tell him when is the exact date)....

i know at the same time, he has a very BIG project which will start next fri...he will b super BUSY after tat...the project lasts for 6mths.....

he ask if he needs to stay throughout my whole IUI process, he's tinking of depositing his little soliders....then go off liao....

the moment i HEARD him saying it, my whole face is super black.....

helo, 1 day of leave oso cannot take for my IUI ????? his colleagues on the SAME TEAM as him, can take 1-2days leave.....but y he cannot ????

work is MORE impt than my 2nd IUI or wad ???????

i'm only asking for 1 day...NOT A WEEK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm super pissed off when i heard his ans!!!!!!

fedup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do u all expect ur DH to b wif u throughout the day of IUI ????

for check-ups, i go alone cos its really no point draggin him along...but for IUI, i feel tat, at least he shd accompany me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm... dun angry... when tat time comes... ask DH again...then easier to plan leave bah.

Tat's y I feel both DH n DW shld share the same mindset in order for this IUI to work bah... then u won't feel tat u're doing it on your own...

Anyway... my DW's 2WW over... never tio... back to the drawing board... bummer...
DW says let nature takes its own course... but we agree that KKH IUI cannot-make-it bah... perhaps try TMC... that's if DW decides to do IUI... think she dun wan to get her hopes up, then face more disappointment, n waste $$...

But women... later sure change her mind again :)

Anyway, still got 1 more year to aim for a "baby tiger"... ROAR :)

babylemon

ya lawla12, understand how you are feeling... If it is me, I will also prefer hubby to be around. But maybe he is also having difficulties at work. Moreover, not sure when to take leave. I suggest you let him know that you would like him to stay throughout the whole IUI. Have a good talk, I am sure you are his priority.

J

justforgags

As for me, my DH hv been very supportive n accompany me on all appts. He switch off day b4 hand... Thk god he's department very easy to take leave..

lawla12

Hmm... dun angry... when tat time comes... ask DH again...then easier to plan leave bah.

Tat's y I feel both DH n DW shld share the same mindset in order for this IUI to work bah... then u won't feel tat u're doing it on your own...

Anyway... my DW's 2WW over... never tio... back to the drawing board... bummer...
DW says let nature takes its own course... but we agree that KKH IUI cannot-make-it bah... perhaps try TMC... that's if DW decides to do IUI... think she dun wan to get her hopes up, then face more disappointment, n waste $$...

But women... later sure change her mind again :)

Anyway, still got 1 more year to aim for a "baby tiger"... ROAR :)

i was abt to ask u if u strike or not yaaaaa........u wan baby tiger arrr ??? hehehehee........

yst when discussing abt my IUI, my DH ask me if the mth of delivery of our baby is the correct timing i wan....faintz....my priorty is to STRIKE !!!! i dun care wadever timing liao....as long as can strike, tats my BIGGEST happiness liao............

tink cos he rem me telling him tat i wanna plan in such a way tat i wanna AVOID YR END CLOSING !!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL~ but tat was b4 we started planning for a family......super long time ago...........

so which gynae u seeing for TMC ??? heard Dr Cheng is quite good....some of the ttc-ing mother-to-be is seeing him........

lawla12

ya lawla12, understand how you are feeling... If it is me, I will also prefer hubby to be around. But maybe he is also having difficulties at work. Moreover, not sure when to take leave. I suggest you let him know that you would like him to stay throughout the whole IUI. Have a good talk, I am sure you are his priority.
i know he's stress at work wif his new project....but i seriously dun see y his colleagues can take leave, HE CANNOT TAKE ONE DAY LEAVE LOH !!! as if the company will collapse w/o him.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

lawla12

As for me, my DH hv been very supportive n accompany me on all appts. He switch off day b4 hand... Thk god he's department very easy to take leave..
my DH harrrr......for the IUI where u've to go back evy 2-3 days to scan the size of ur egg, he smtimes accompany me yaaaa.....he sneak out from his site to meet me....but during weekdays, the waiting time is super duper long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can wait up to 3hrs juz to see the gynae......zzzzzzz.....so, its really no point asking DH to wait wif me (he cant sneak out so long)....tats y i told him, weekdays he dun need to accompany me......

for leave wise, his company can easily take leave too (those 1 day type laa).....but juz tat his work will accumulate loh.......

J

justforgags

my DH harrrr......for the IUI where u've to go back evy 2-3 days to scan the size of ur egg, he smtimes accompany me yaaaa.....he sneak out from his site to meet me....but during weekdays, the waiting time is super duper long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can wait up to 3hrs juz to see the gynae......zzzzzzz.....so, its really no point asking DH to wait wif me (he cant sneak out so long)....tats y i told him, weekdays he dun need to accompany me......

for leave wise, his company can easily take leave too (those 1 day type laa).....but juz tat his work will accumulate loh.......
its best if possible tt DH cn see thru the journey to acheive the joyous moment.. if got a positive news my DH will confirm break dwn cz he's the emotionally involve type of man n he's been waitin for kid patiently so hvin a baby is a gr8 gift to him more than anything:wong9::wong6::wong3:

babylemon

Aiyo lawla12, maybe the responsibility or pressure at work is very great for ur hubby? Like myself, I dare not take mc at all cos it will disrupt other people's leave. I did not take mc for 2 yrs liao. And what is worse is tat our leave is planned about 1 yr in advance. I really so envy u all can take last min leave. Wah lau, if I want to do IVF, I must start around nx mth already cos not many ppl take leave in July and will be easier to take leave.

Sometimes I just think I shouldnt care so much abt work. But bobian, need tis job to support the future also. And jus survive on one person income I think cannot lah. Anyway, you just tell ur hubby to take a one day leave loh...just one day only mah, shld not be a prob. :Dancing_wub:

lawla12

Aiyo lawla12, maybe the responsibility or pressure at work is very great for ur hubby? Like myself, I dare not take mc at all cos it will disrupt other people's leave. I did not take mc for 2 yrs liao. And what is worse is tat our leave is planned about 1 yr in advance. I really so envy u all can take last min leave. Wah lau, if I want to do IVF, I must start around nx mth already cos not many ppl take leave in July and will be easier to take leave.

Sometimes I just think I shouldnt care so much abt work. But bobian, need tis job to support the future also. And jus survive on one person income I think cannot lah. Anyway, you just tell ur hubby to take a one day leave loh...just one day only mah, shld not be a prob. :Dancing_wub:

hhhhmm....tink cos i'm in Finance, not in ops side........wadever has happened, already happened...its a fact n the figures cant b changed.....

moreover, heng heng the culture here, the staffs (lower level) can always take leave last min de....then nv apply in advance (or the day b4)....then on the day itself, they will juz tell u tat they'r taking leave tis noon etc........

for MC wise, i always believe if i'm sick, i shd take 1 day to rest......erm, sry i'm saying u (or pointing at anyone)......but i dun like those colleagues who r very sick (flu, cough etc) , they spread their "virus" all ard .....zzzzzz......evy1 near them gets sick too.....i feel tat they shd b MORE considerate loh........

Hi Piyopiyo33,
Got no choice (IVF) if want to try for a baby. Ya, 1st n 3rd stage paid 1k cash. But u must be prepared to make frequent trip to hospital if go for IVF. Very sian n tiring....

duhduh

Got no choice (IVF) if want to try for a baby. Ya, 1st n 3rd stage paid 1k cash. But u must be prepared to make frequent trip to hospital if go for IVF. Very sian n tiring....
ohh..so other than that, no need cash? I always tot must prepare $10k, pay cash first then later claim from govt and medisave.

Coz if this round's IUI failed, I may go for IVF....hmmmm.....scary scary...
your frequent trip to hospital is for injections? Or scans/checkups?

ohh..so other than that, no need cash? I always tot must prepare $10k, pay cash first then later claim from govt and medisave.

My frequent trip to hospital r to buy medicine n do scanning. My DH do the injections for me at home. I dun dare to poke myself...scary.
Hopefully u will strike. Dun forget to let us know the result. Take care.

lawla12

same as me....gynae say if my 2nd IUI fail, no point trying again......she ask me to do IVF....

actually, she did ask me to do IVF instead of IUI, reason being she can check wad's the problem (quality of my egg, did my egg cells multipy if meet sperms etc)..........

but, its really too costly loh.......din wan to go KKH (scare gynae not gd then waste time n $$$$$ too n most impt, if IVF fail, its really super duper dismoralising).....

haiz....i try not to tink too much yaaa...keep telling myself its all fated de....

duhduh

My frequent trip to hospital r to buy medicine n do scanning. My DH do the injections for me at home. I dun dare to poke myself...scary.
Hopefully u will strike. Dun forget to let us know the result. Take care.
heh..sure update u all when i strike! But now the 2ww is terrible...haiz..still wondering and wondering..was told to wait until 31 May 09 then test whether positive or negative.