Anyone using a baby monitor?

makarios

For the past 4 months (after I came back from overseas posting), the baby monitor (bought in the US) has been making lots of interference noises that my husband and I had difficulty sleeping well. No such problem in US. I've tried changing to all the frequencies but still it's like that. There are nights when it went crazy that I had to sleep with my daughter in her room so as not to disturb my dh's sleep. I need the baby monitor cos my room and dd's room is far apart. With both rooms using air-con, I just can't hear her when she cries. I also can't let hubby and daugther sleep together cos they are both light sleepers and they tend to wake each other up in the nite.

Is it just in Singapore where we live in proximity with each other that this happens? Any users face same interference problem here? Any advise?

akosiamidala

hi! same problem with my baby monitor also bought in the US. was able to use it only a couple of times then the loud static/interference began.

my friend checked it for me and said there is problem with the "grounding". was able to fix it and it worked a couple of times then the problem re-appeared.

still have the same problem until now and i stopped using the monitor :( such a waste of money

may i know what brand are you using? mine is graco

rainbow123

Buy a new one ? No point losing sleeping over a device that cost less than 150 bucks .
I use mine for 7 months with no problem as my baby sleep in the living room and i sleep in the master bed room .
the distance is about more than 10 metres away.

makarios

Buy a new one ? No point losing sleeping over a device that cost less than 150 bucks .
I use mine for 7 months with no problem as my baby sleep in the living room and i sleep in the master bed room .
the distance is about more than 10 metres away.
You're right. Just that I want to see if it is the result of the monitor bought from the US or it's just the same with any monitor bought in Singapore. Cos if the monitor bought in US or Singapore has the same problem of the static interference, I'll just live with it or think of another alternative. But if it is the problem of US bought monitors, I'm going to purchase a Singapore one.
Thanks.

rainbow123

If you do not mind a second hand one just PM me . Mine is up for sale as I upgrade my baby to the guest room which is next door to my room .
No need the baby monitor anymore . Still got about 1 year of warranty left as i bought it with 2 years warranty .
The brand i think is Phillips Avent .

Regarding the earthing of the device , provided that the internal case have a metal part so that it can be "PROPERLY EARTH " to get rid of the noise level . See how the electrical shop do it , dun get cheated by them.
The 2 pin no earth , 3 pin got earth . The device itside must have internal metal part to "earth it" if not will not be able to do it -- i repeat.

makarios

If you do not mind a second hand one just PM me . Mine is up for sale as I upgrade my baby to the guest room which is next door to my room .
No need the baby monitor anymore . Still got about 1 year of warranty left as i bought it with 2 years warranty .
The brand i think is Phillips Avent .

Regarding the earthing of the device , provided that the internal case have a metal part so that it can be "PROPERLY EARTH " to get rid of the noise level . See how the electrical shop do it , dun get cheated by them.
The 2 pin no earth , 3 pin got earth . The device itside must have internal metal part to "earth it" if not will not be able to do it -- i repeat.
Noted. Thanks so much.

atkht

Mine is Lindam brand. Reliable. I find this baby monitor is very useful.. it give both my hub and myself feeling more relax when watching tv while the baby is at his room. Once the baby is awake , we will know :)
Now i don't use it since my son is old enough :)

anyone who want to buy my monitor units, sms me 98518064

missyqiqi