Anyone with PCOS trying to conceive?

Mashiiii

PTB7476:873997 said:
Your baby is a great survivor and fighter!:red:
i haben do the genetic tests, oscar and detailed scan leh:we2unsure:
i am a super high risked mummy leh...i still have a few hurdle to cross
PTB.. i recommend you my gynae.. Dr Bemjamin Tham @ TMC. Google him up. Very gentle and pro-natural gynae. Jiayous and wish you a smooth pregnancy my dear!

Rarity

Hi Cindy,

Just like what taniari said I found that exercising and having a healthy balanced diet which resulted in healthy weight loss made it much easier for me to conceive. I have PCOS too and had tried many years unsuccessfuly to conceive. Have tried birth control pills in the beginning to regulate my menses but was not reacting well to them due to some side effects. Later tried metformin too. And though I did conceive, I had a miscarriage later. Last year I tried traditional chinese medicine as well to 'regulate' my body but only took the tcm for 2 months.

With regular exercise and diet though, after losing 9kg, my body started feeling much better. Hubby and I decided to try for a baby again and after two tries managed to conceive. I'm now in my 2nd trimester, due end Sep/early Oct. Instead of buying pregnancy test kits, try with ovulation strips to check when you are ovulating. My friends recommended me a website where I bought cheap but effective ovulation and pregnancy strips. If you are keen to try you can pm me.

Hi mummy, i was also diagnosed with PCOS few years back but i managed to conceive last year. Try to lose weight, have a healthy balanced diet and exercise. mindful for your food. i hardly eat fast food and snacking. i also try to avoid food with high MSG like instant noodle, those kind of snack or finger food. i swim at least once a week. the most important is try to lose weight so the PCOS will be getting better. have enough sleep as well. dont stress yourself. The baby will come at you at the right time.
o ya, i also dont have any medication at all.

Cindy CS

Hi Rarity and Taniari,

Thanks for your suggestion.. hmm.. im not sure if I still need to lose some weight.. im now 49kg with 155cm height.. In fact I'm starting yoga recently as well.. cos I don't like exercise and yoga is the only exercise that makes me feel good and willing to continue.. haha!

To Buttercookies,

I had same feelings as you previously.. when I found out that I'm a PCOSer.. was told that not easy to get pregnant by first gynae.. I was like ?!!?! But not giving up yet.. Until I went to tcm (xin chong@ chinatown), Dr feng said the same thing to me (that I might have pcos) during my 3 visit to him.. that was the time I collapsed.. I couldn't believe that this happen to me... I love kids.. I want to be a mummy.. and I can say that this is my first priority in my life.. But then it happens.. I dunno where to get advice.. I don't feel like telling my frens even my parents.. or maybe I could accept it till now? Haha.. but I always think baby will come at the right time.. what I can do now is to be well-prepared and welcome my baby when he/she comes.. and I think don't keep thinking about become pregnant.. focus more on other things like ur hubby, ur family, ur work, ur frens.. so that u r not stressed by thinking when am I getting pregnant..

I changed gynae recently.. Dr Irene chua in Gleneagles.. she is giving me metformin 850mg one tab daily to regulate my ovulation first... she was mentioning that she will not give me clomid until my body is ready and also she wants me to do hysterosalpingogram (HSG), a xray test to check if any blockage at my fallopian tube.. she did mention if I can ovulate but my fallopian tube is blocked, all my eggs gonna stuck in my ovaries which may cause ovarian cancer when I get older.. but I heard this test is gonna hurt me and can be quite painful.. any of you did this test before? Also, she wants my hubby to do sperm analysis test too..

Don't give up!!! And believe that ur baby will come one day later soon :):)

PTB7476

Hi Rarity and Taniari,

Thanks for your suggestion.. hmm.. im not sure if I still need to lose some weight.. im now 49kg with 155cm height.. In fact I'm starting yoga recently as well.. cos I don't like exercise and yoga is the only exercise that makes me feel good and willing to continue.. haha!

To Buttercookies,

I had same feelings as you previously.. when I found out that I'm a PCOSer.. was told that not easy to get pregnant by first gynae.. I was like ?!!?! But not giving up yet.. Until I went to tcm (xin chong@ chinatown), Dr feng said the same thing to me (that I might have pcos) during my 3 visit to him.. that was the time I collapsed.. I couldn't believe that this happen to me... I love kids.. I want to be a mummy.. and I can say that this is my first priority in my life.. But then it happens.. I dunno where to get advice.. I don't feel like telling my frens even my parents.. or maybe I could accept it till now? Haha.. but I always think baby will come at the right time.. what I can do now is to be well-prepared and welcome my baby when he/she comes.. and I think don't keep thinking about become pregnant.. focus more on other things like ur hubby, ur family, ur work, ur frens.. so that u r not stressed by thinking when am I getting pregnant..

I changed gynae recently.. Dr Irene chua in Gleneagles.. she is giving me metformin 850mg one tab daily to regulate my ovulation first... she was mentioning that she will not give me clomid until my body is ready and also she wants me to do hysterosalpingogram (HSG), a xray test to check if any blockage at my fallopian tube.. she did mention if I can ovulate but my fallopian tube is blocked, all my eggs gonna stuck in my ovaries which may cause ovarian cancer when I get older.. but I heard this test is gonna hurt me and can be quite painful.. any of you did this test before? Also, she wants my hubby to do sperm analysis test too..

i did the test ...it is just inserting dye and xray ... not painful at all :D but immediately after that will have spotting ... i even suspect this test sort of help me get pregnant the 1st round cos it "clear" my tube :D i conceived my 1st born a week after this test :D

PTB7476

PTB.. i recommend you my gynae.. Dr Bemjamin Tham @ TMC. Google him up. Very gentle and pro-natural gynae. Jiayous and wish you a smooth pregnancy my dear!

thanks but i am going back to my old gynae at ACJ ... already made appointment for this sat... yeah can see the bb again ...
but just now saw my TCM Gynae for MS treatment she said my body weak...haiz...how to not weak when i am so old ... she kept telling me rest ... in singapore only SAHM can rest ...Working mom cant rest

Cindy CS

Where did u perform the test? Maybe is the doctor's technic?? I'm so scared.. haha.. anyway, I missed the date to perform this date so I can only do this test after my menses comes next round.. (hopefully my menses will come without taking any medication again, nvr been missing my period that much!! Hahahah!!!)

Omg, u sure it does help??Hope it does happen to me too!!! :):):)

PTB7476

Where did u perform the test? Maybe is the doctor's technic?? I'm so scared.. haha.. anyway, I missed the date to perform this date so I can only do this test after my menses comes next round.. (hopefully my menses will come without taking any medication again, nvr been missing my period that much!! Hahahah!!!)

Omg, u sure it does help??Hope it does happen to me too!!! :):):)
i did it at raffles hospital ... Lolz that is a joke I tell closed friend is it true no idea ... U go try and who know u will be like me hit jackpot Lolz
good luck

buttercookies

Hi Rarity and Taniari,

To Buttercookies,

Yah lor... I was so disappointed when I was told I am diagnosed with PCOS although in my mind I knew it all along I have problems with my cycles.... It came like a hard truth when my Doctor confirmed it :( Don't know why I will have PCOS too cause I thought it happens to obese people but I'm like 1.6m and weigh at 45kg. Seems like PCOS can happen to anyone.... Same like you I love kids so much and my hubby too. Now I'm like prepping my body for a healthy pregnancy by exercising and eating healthy and also supplements. I try not to go any lighter if not I will be underweight...

I had Metformin too but I didn't like it when it causes me to LS. Do you get tummy issues with Metformin?? My doctor from ACJ suggested for me to check for blockage at my fallopian tubes too if I do not conceive successfully after 3 cycles on clomid... also suggested for my hubby to do the sperm analysis test too but that would be after.

I finally got a negative OPK after 3 weeks of positive OPKs everyday due to clomid!! Sounds so silly I know to be happy for a negative OPK but that actually could mean I've just ended ovulating (don't wanna keep my hopes too high too!) and lucky hubby and I have been working quite hard these few days haha. Currently in my 2 weeks wait before I test on the PTK.................... cross fingers!! :)

Yes! We shouldn't give up!! hope you will have good news soon too!

Cindy CS

Good luck Buttercookies!!! Sending my all best wishes to u!!

I do not have tummy issue with metformin so far... but my gynae did mention abt this side effect to me before.. but she said ur poo poo will mostly be watery but shouldn't cause LS... im ok with metformin so far.. but I'm not sure if it is effective to me.. im still waiting my menses to come or I'm thinking to buy pregnancy kit to test again later.. aiks really waste alot of money in buying PK. And I'm buying clearblue brand lo!!! Every time tell myself not to buy expensive one.. maybe just get guardian brand can ady.. but worry abt the accuracy so ended up with better n more expensive brand.. grrrr...

But I'm feeling my tummy is slightly bigger now.. usually I have a flat tummy.. hoping thay I'm pregnant?!?! :D but I guess won't see tummy that fast right?! I really think too much.. haha!!

PTB7476

Good luck Buttercookies!!! Sending my all best wishes to u!!

I do not have tummy issue with metformin so far... but my gynae did mention abt this side effect to me before.. but she said ur poo poo will mostly be watery but shouldn't cause LS... im ok with metformin so far.. but I'm not sure if it is effective to me.. im still waiting my menses to come or I'm thinking to buy pregnancy kit to test again later.. aiks really waste alot of money in buying PK. And I'm buying clearblue brand lo!!! Every time tell myself not to buy expensive one.. maybe just get guardian brand can ady.. but worry abt the accuracy so ended up with better n more expensive brand.. grrrr...

But I'm feeling my tummy is slightly bigger now.. usually I have a flat tummy.. hoping thay I'm pregnant?!?! :D but I guess won't see tummy that fast right?! I really think too much.. haha!!
i used to buy clear blue one ... very shiong... so when i 1st time use Guardian and the line came out and i tot it is false alarm cos cheapo house brand :D

i tell you the moment you feel metalic taste in mouth ... go see gynae check liao cos all other pregnancy symptom and PMS are similar only metalic taste cant fake

Cindy CS

Metallic taste?!?! Oh, didn't know abt this...
Anyway.. just tested with guardian brand, NEGATIVE.. so disappointed lo!!! Upset :(:(:(:(..

Nvm..tomorrow will be better.. :rolleyes:

buttercookies

Metallic taste?!?! Oh, didn't know abt this...
Anyway.. just tested with guardian brand, NEGATIVE.. so disappointed lo!!! Upset :(:(:(:(..

Nvm..tomorrow will be better.. :rolleyes:
Cincy CS did you try testing it again?? Maybe it's still too early...

I just got a very faint positive on the pregnancy test few days ago but got back a negative the day after....

holding on to test again next 2 weeks....

Rarity

Yah ... I was so disappointed when I was told I am diagnosed with PCOS although in my mind I knew it all along I have problems with my cycles.... It came like a hard truth when my Doctor confirmed it :( dont't know why I will have PCOS too cause I thought it happens to obese people but I'm like 1.6m and weigh at 45kg. Seems like PCOS can happen to anyone.... Same like you I love kids so much and my hubby too. Now I'm like prepping my body for a healthy pregnancy by exercising and eating healthy and also supplements. I try not to go any lighter if not I will be underweight...
Recall my gynae telling me even very skinny pple can have PCOS, which is the other extreme. And of cos obese pple too. But early symptoms is when we're younger we have very bad menstrual cramps and irregular cycles. Pple with family history of diabetes are likely to have PCOS too.

Cindy and buttercookies jiayou! Hope to hear good news from both of you soon and that our stories will encourage the both of you!

Cindy CS

Thanks Rarity :)

Buttercookies, I didn't test again.. just wan to keep some hope with me.. lol.. many of my friends keep asking if I'm planning for baby or wheb wanna get pregnant.. I'm stressed with their questions. .. so rather don't wanna talk to them. . When I see other frens posting their baby photos in Facebook, I'm like :(:(:(...

I wish everything will be fine soon and we will finally get what we wish to have soon :):)

Happy always to all mummies and mummy - soon - to - be :):)

buttercookies

Recall my gynae telling me even very skinny pple can have PCOS, which is the other extreme. And of cos obese pple too. But early symptoms is when we're younger we have very bad menstrual cramps and irregular cycles. Pple with family history of diabetes are likely to have PCOS too.

Cindy and buttercookies jiayou! Hope to hear good news from both of you soon and that our stories will encourage the both of you!
Thank you Rarity!! yes my family have history of diabetes.... that is why i supposed. :(

Cindycs good luck to you too!!

PTB7476

Thanks Rarity :)

Buttercookies, I didn't test again.. just want to keep some hope with me.. lol.. many of my friends keep asking if I'm planning for baby or wheb wanna get pregnant.. I'm stressed with their questions. .. so rather dont't wanna talk to them. . When I see other friends posting their baby photos in Facebook, I'm like :(:(:(...

I wish everything will be fine soon and we will finally get what we wish to have soon :):)

Happy always to all mummies and mummy - soon - to - be :):)

tell them you still want to enjoy honeymoon ...2 person lifestyle ...when it is time to have it will come :p

PTB7476

Cincy CS did you try testing it again?? Maybe it's still too early...

I just got a very faint positive on the pregnancy test few days ago but got back a negative the day after....

holding on to test again next 2 weeks....
i was tested negative 2 weeks before it become position ... so hard to say

Cindy CS

Dear PTB7476

This is what I told them too.. In fact, every time they ask, it touches my pain.. In the deepest part of my heart, I'm mumbling, I wish I can be pregnant too....:)

buttercookies

i was tested negative 2 weeks before it become position ... so hard to say
Crossing my fingers!! hopefully.... I am still holding on currently haha.. wanna wait for a little while longer.

But during the 2 weeks wait, did you get any crampings or increased CM etc.? Although I know it's different for every pregnancy and perhaps the embryo has yet to implant on the uterus lining for preg symptoms to appear, but i do hear from women that they actually "know" that they might be preg like just 5-6 DPO as they get cramping and sore boobs this early! sounds unbelievable but amazingly they really ended up getting a positive at 10-12dpo or so...