April 09 MTBs!

7LegSotong

Hi Ladies, my baby is born in April 2009.
Sorry that i am late by a year... Cos i just got to know this forum.

Hi to everyone, how's all your baby doing?

7LegSotong

Ping26,

I already trained my baby, he can NG every morning (standard) - Only once a day (big pool of Sh*t) when baby with me.

But when baby go Baby sitter house, sometime he NG 2 to 3 times (little bit by bit) <- bully baby sitter

Too much milk, can't stop... so I only give him 1 formula one day.
Plus now he is having solid, my breast feel like exploding... :embarrassed:
Anyone same feeling?

Btw, i bought life insurance & ILP for my baby total about 200 per mths.
Beside that, maybe papa & mama can convert to AVIVA medisave, your baby insurance will be free... that's why my agent did for me. plus a top up of a premium annually to cover for the cash that we need to pay upfront.
Maybe you guys can consider too. :)

ping26

Ping26,

I already trained my baby, he can NG every morning (standard) - Only once a day (big pool of Sh*t) when baby with me.

But when baby go Baby sitter house, sometime he NG 2 to 3 times (little bit by bit) <- bully baby sitter

Too much milk, can't stop... so I only give him 1 formula one day.
Plus now he is having solid, my breast feel like exploding... :embarrassed:
Anyone same feeling?

Btw, i bought life insurance & ILP for my baby total about 200 per mths.
Beside that, maybe papa & mama can convert to AVIVA medisave, your baby insurance will be free... that's why my agent did for me. plus a top up of a premium annually to cover for the cash that we need to pay upfront.
Maybe you guys can consider too. :)
hi welcome 7legsotong

I try my best to squeeze milk everyday...never had any engorgement since post-delivery 3rd day... breast has not leaked milk since Jun. so envious...

My baby has been rejecting milk on-off lately.
yesterday she only had abt 2+ feeds but she polishes off cereal & puree with ease.

mummies, how much is yr baby drinking & eating now?

Christine has abt 4+ feeds of 6oz, eats rice cereal & 2 purees for lunch & dinner. Thot it was little until I read another mummy's post. :nah: cos she used to drink 5 feeds.

She measures abt 7.5kg (abt 75% percentile). She hasn't been putting on much weight lately but then again, I guess she shldn't be putting on 1 kg per mth. else she may become fat.

Sori, I'm not very active on facebook... not enough time also.

7LegSotong

My boy about 4 to 5 bottles of 200ml, 2 porridge & 1 x fruit. weight 9.4kg now (90% range)

Btw, anyone bring baby to swimming pool? I had started.. if anyone go i can tag along.

jongivy

My girl is now exactly 7 months old and she is still on full BF. Like 7LegSotong, I have so much that I gave it away initially. Now, my output has decreased tremendously and my DD's input has increased.

I want to ask all mummies out there - are your babies eating solid already? I tried giving my DD oatmeal with my BM, she refused to eat. When I eventually managed to feed her, she will throw up maybe 1-2 hours thereafter. I have tried it when she was 6mths old, it was the same so I stopped. I tried again today it's still like that. She only want to drink milk

But she got 2 teeth already..

pinkytham

my baby dun wan eat porridge can anyone advice?
cereal also she dun wan...
she only wan drink formula milk mix with the brown rice.
one day about 180 to 200 ml for about 6 feeds
but she is still so so so skinny,....
something wrong?
she 7mth plus le but i think near 7kg nia =(
so skinny skinny but leg like gt musscle....super duper active than isit high metabolism?

sugarcookie

Welcome 7LegSotong!

ping26, my girl is taking about 160-200ml of milk each time, 5-6 feeds a day. She doesn't seem too keen on solids :/

jongivy and pinkytham, my baby seems to eat solids "on and off". I usually give her two heaping tablespoons of brown rice cereal and she can finish it on some days, but scream and struggle like crazy on others.

It can get terribly frustrating. Am currently giving her Nestle brown rice cereal but gonna try her on Healthy Times. Really hope she likes it.

Planning to introduce sweet potatoes, porridge, fruits etc gradually over the next few weeks.

Guess if your baby seems rather resistant to solids, you just have to persevere, keep trying different foods, and be super patient...

7LegSotong

Hi Ladies,

:) Slowly feed... sometime my baby also give me a "yuke" look when try new things.. then i try again in 3 days.. and he eat a bit.. :)

Btw, I am starting to give FM, but don't know which one to give. Can i just try a few brand, then give the one he suit most?

Does anyone do this?

sugarcookie

Hi Ladies,

:) Slowly feed... sometime my baby also give me a "yuke" look when try new things.. then i try again in 3 days.. and he eat a bit.. :)

Btw, I am starting to give FM, but dont't know which one to give. Can i just try a few brand, then give the one he suit most?

Does anyone do this?
You can call the different FM companies and request for samples.

But honestly, giving the "right" FM to your baby is really trial and error.

My girl is on Nestle NAN HA. So far, so good.

ping26

Hi Ladies,

Btw, I am starting to give FM, but dont't know which one to give. Can i just try a few brand, then give the one he suit most?

Does anyone do this?
yah, better get samples. milk pwd is expensive. My girl is on Enfalac/Enfapro. My PD also gave me a small tin during 5mth check-up.
Haha, yr baby & Hstan's vivien are leading the pack.:red:

Good to hear fr everyone again.

Pinkytham, yr description is so funny. Your babe sounds like very kay-poh, like christine.

jongivy, wah 2 teeth. so exciting.

Christine eats Healthy times brown rice cereal. I bought some baby food at 1st cos I wanted to taste baby food & know texture. She likes Healthy Times carrots, pears. She didn't like peas but she still finished the small portion. She refused to eat Gebber applesauce(something like dat). I tasted it. Awful. sour.

She eats home-made sweet potato, carrot, pear & pumpkin puree. She HATED & vomited avocado. Won't try it again this year. Guess she's a foodie, like me. She prefers food to milk. (baby carrot has less fibres & sweeter)

After we started weaning, she can make 2 mmm sounds - one of them sounds constipated. Sometimes, she makes the sound when she doesn't want something. I think the spoon in mouth helped her to do the lip-rounding (pursing) movement. last wk, she started making bubbles w lower lip:001_302: & out came the food.

I think sugarcookie is right. If u keep offering food, babies will like to eat eventually. BTW hv to mix a bit of BM/FM in food...

Mine didn't want milk. only 2-4 feeds for abt 2 wks... both of us didn't sleep well cos she was so hungry. wasted a lot of milk in Oct...

Last edited:

ping26

hi mummies,

:embarrassed: I always wanted to ask abt this. Christine sleeps late - mostly btw 10-11pm as we usu reach home abt 9+ pm after picking her fr grandma. She doesn't nap much there as her cousins r v noisy.

how long does yr baby sleep at night?
What do u do when yr baby wakes up in middle of night?

Christine has been waking up more often since Sep or Oct. She used to sleep thro fr 2-5mth.

I feed her water or milk when she wakes up. I read some mummy ignore baby :eek:

DH sleeps as late as 2-4am & keeps light ON.
Christine sleeps in her cot w us. I am worried that she won't sleep at all when she hits 1 year old.

I want to move her to her room but hubby misses her. HOW?

Does yr baby sleep w you?

sugarcookie

ping26,

My baby still hasn't slept through the night. She generally falls asleep around 7:30pm and wakes up for the day at 5-5:30am (I know! Super early!).

In between, she will wake up, sometimes for what, I don't know. She used to wake up 3-4X at night but over the past few weeks, just 1-2X.

I will usually rock/carry her first. If she doesn't go back to sleep, I give her milk.

I tried ignoring her but this method doesn't work for me or baby. She would cry non-stop and I simply am not the sort that can ignore a baby's cries.

She sleeps in her cot in the same room as me.

Why does your hubby leave the light on?? How about using a nightlight or a bedside lamp (not too bright) instead?

Cream

Hi mummies,

so happy to see all darlings progressing well... Kaydes is still at 130ml every 3 hourly... HOW??? I really dunno how to make her drink more than this. She is about 7kg as at last month's checkup. But she loves the brown rice cereal that we give her. She will make noise if we feed her too slowly or if the bowl is just sitting there to cool before we give it to her.

Also, she is still so botak ever since we shaved her hair at 4 months... goodness. Wonder when will she grow thick and nice hair.

One question, Kaydes wears socks all the time ever since she was born till now. 2 months ago, I did try to remove it in the day time but her feet gets cold and clammy within like 5 minutes. So I put her back on wearing socks the whole day again. Now that she is coming to 7 months old, I am really wondering if it is ok to just keep her on socks 24/7? Any of you have had this experience? Please share.

Oops, also... if the poo is dark green in color, or just generally darker in color. Is that ok?

lovedove

Hi mummies,

my 7-month old girl is now very playful...naps became very short in the day.. like 15mins only..before i can finish any house chores , she's awake and wants me to play with her...sleeps after 11pm still wakes up for milk every 3hourly...

Cream, i wear socks for my girl after shower, at night, and whenever weather is cold. My mum said baby feet must not get cold because wind will enter, so better to keep them warm.

Just bought her for her first pneumococcal jab yesterday, she weighs 8.1kg and 68cm. Her appetite very good, always finish all the brown rice porridge i feed her...Sometimes i really worried she over eat. So far she has tried brown rice porridge with fish, potato, carrots, pumpkim, apples, and broccoli.

Any mummy feed hard boiled egg already?

sugarcookie

Hi mummies,

One question, Kaydes wears socks all the time ever since she was born till now. 2 months ago, I did try to remove it in the day time but her feet gets cold and clammy within like 5 minutes. So I put her back on wearing socks the whole day again. Now that she is coming to 7 months old, I am really wondering if it is ok to just keep her on socks 24/7? Any of you have had this experience? Please share.

Oops, also... if the poo is dark green in color, or just generally darker in color. Is that ok?
I think it's best you remove the socks, unless it's cold or you are going out and want to protect her feet.

Think it is easier for babies to feel the floor/ground without socks on. Reduces the chances of slipping and falling too.

As for poop, don't worry la. My girl's poop is also dark green.

sugarcookie

Hi mummies,

my 7-month old girl is now very playful...naps became very short in the day.. like 15mins only..before i can finish any house chores , she's awake and wants me to play with her...sleeps after 11pm still wakes up for milk every 3hourly...

Cream, i wear socks for my girl after shower, at night, and whenever weather is cold. My mum said baby feet must not get cold because wind will enter, so better to keep them warm.

Just bought her for her first pneumococcal jab yesterday, she weighs 8.1kg and 68cm. Her appetite very good, always finish all the brown rice porridge i feed her...Sometimes i really worried she over eat. So far she has tried brown rice porridge with fish, potato, carrots, pumpkim, apples, and broccoli.

Any mummy feed hard boiled egg already?
lovedove, I want to give my baby brown rice porridge too but have no idea how to go about doing it. Am currently giving her commercial brown rice cereal.

How did you prepare brown rice porridge for your bb?

lovedove

Hi Sugarcookie,

my family has been using the slow cooker to cook brown rice overnight and have brown rice porridge for breakfast the next morning. Although its soft, i feel its still not smooth enough for baby cos lots of brown rice husk. So I ask the aunty from the chinese medical hall to help me grind brown rice into powder and add si sen(for appetite and complexion)for me. With the powder, I just add a little water and simmer a while and it became a smooth porridge mixture. I steam pumpkim and threadfin in a steamer, then mash them up and add into the porridge.
My girl loves pumpkim.:Dancing_wub:

sugarcookie

lovedove, did you dry the brown rice before passing it to the chinese medical hall? If you did, how did you dry it? In the open or...?

Oh, and which medical hall do you go to??

ping26

Cream, KAYDES is so cute & pretty! (even though she's still botak)

Socks - I guess it's personal. Christine's feet r slightly sweaty but always warm. Cos her legs are chubby, I was worried that socks will restrict blood cirn, so she doesn't wear socks at all.

Poop - if in doubt, take a pic & ask PD during next check-up. hahaha... I can be quite 'anal'. Christine's poop is usu brown.

Lovedove, me too. Christine doesn't sleep much. She's like all charged up even after a 15 min nap.

Thks, sugarcookie. I've accepted the wee hr feeds. Luckily, it's usu 1x/night. But sometimes she can take 1 hr to finish 3oz & burp.:nah:

Christine fell ill last thurs. So worrying cos fever lasted 2-3 days. When she recovered, her body was covered with dot dot rashes. Her appetite went down again.

I just bought this blender from Isetan. I'm ready to introduce more food to Christine next wk. hee...

I'm sensitive to a lot of food, so I will hold off eggs 1st. Does anyone know why ang-mo recommend fish after 1 year old?

Last edited: