April 09 MTBs!

ping26

I started giving my girl baby biscuits when she turned 8 mths. Gave her Manna (troublesome, got to break the biscuits into smaller pieces, crumbs fly everywhere), Pigeon (the small round type - but it doesn't melt easily and causes my baby to CHOKE), Gerber puffs (she loves this! And so do I! Yummy but full of chemicals I agree).

I've been giving my girl bread as a snack since a month back. She LOVES bread! She can eat 2 slices everyday. I give her Gardenia High Fibre White and Banana Walnut (with the nuts removed of course). Wanted to give her wholemeal but pediatrician told me it's a bit too complex for her at this time.

The moment she sees me holding a slice of bread, she would crawl over, stand and hug my knees and start making a lot of noise.

She is sick AGAIN though. Sigh. She was sick two weeks ago and now she is sick again! Think she caught the flu from my mummy this time.

Do your babies fall sick often??
gah, my reply disappeared just now. Then I couldn't access website for a while.
Pinkytham, teeth or no teeth, your baby is best eater:red:
She sounds lively and funny :)

I have some food intolerances, can't eat oyster or malt, i.e. I may get itchy skin, running nose (post-nasal drip) or even a lot of farts/cramps. Malt is found in some types of wheat. So being a kiasi mummy, I didn't intro wheat & oat before 8 month. that's why I still give a bit of breast milk.

My girl also likes Gerber biscuits. I have not't given gardenia bread cos stonston said that commercial bread has many chemicals. too troublesome to bake biscuits & bread... heard breadtalk & delifrance is better but a little sweet & baguette salty... (stonston's words are like my makan bible)

I bought some Healthy Times biscuits. Have to intro oat & corn 1st. They looked very yummy. Very hard to find cos only certain branches of Cold Storage have them. Now which branch did I go???

Christine's been to the pediatrician/GP 3 times - fever w no symptoms, nappy rash-turned-fungal infection, runny nose (fr cousin). So far, no hives or rashes :)

Just now, she had milk coming out of her nose! think there was a huge burp & somehow milk came out there. otherwise, she's fine .

Now for the biggie next wk!

sugarcookie, your girl is so cute & "tum-chiak".

let's share funny stories ...

Christine sometimes licks us, sometimes she tries to pluck daddy's leg hairs.

Last edited:

Cream

wow... so much fun ever since the last time I read this thread.
Kaydes is still stubborn when we ask her to do certain actions. She can clap and say bye bye... but many times you ask her to do it, she refuses to unless she is in a super happy mood. Other than that, her recent activity is to remove all the table corner covers that we put up. She can busy herself the whole day by removing them, and we put it back, and she removes them, and we put it back, and on and on and on.

She has been eating bread ever since she is 6 months old. We give her a little as a snack, and now she can finish one slice every morning. I believe if we give her more, she will just eat non stop. The last time I brought her to the supermarket, she saw the bread section, she practically wanna fly over. haha...

My PD told me that pnuemococcal jab is more painful comparing to the other jabs.

Kaydes is still botak and bo gey... and she always tip toe when she stands up on her own. We always have to press her heel down. But she forgets everytime she pulls herself up.

I just did eyelash extension, and yesterday, Kaydes kept wanting to touch it. She finds it so fascinating. My helper laugh and told me to be careful when I sleep in case Kaydes pulls them all out (and that will be plus my own eyelash)... I almost resorted to wearing goggles to sleep. LOL

ping26

wow... so much fun ever since the last time I read this thread.
Kaydes is still stubborn when we ask her to do certain actions. She can clap and say bye bye... but many times you ask her to do it, she refuses to unless she is in a super happy mood. Other than that, her recent activity is to remove all the table corner covers that we put up. She can busy herself the whole day by removing them, and we put it back, and she removes them, and we put it back, and on and on and on.

She has been eating bread ever since she is 6 months old. We give her a little as a snack, and now she can finish one slice every morning. I believe if we give her more, she will just eat non stop. The last time I brought her to the supermarket, she saw the bread section, she practically wanna fly over. haha...

My pediatrician told me that pnuemococcal jab is more painful comparing to the other jabs.

Kaydes is still botak and bo gey... and she always tip toe when she stands up on her own. We always have to press her heel down. But she forgets everytime she pulls herself up.

I just did eyelash extension, and yesterday, Kaydes kept wanting to touch it. She finds it so fascinating. My helper laugh and told me to be careful when I sleep in case Kaydes pulls them all out (and that will be plus my own eyelash)... I almost resorted to wearing goggles to sleep. LOL
wah, she can stand now. clever girl!

How's her milk drinking? She seems to like to eat more than drink. hahaha...

so many stories abt Kaydes. She is so cute. My girl seems quite 'kuai' in comparison... or rather, I can't remember anything right now :20:

oh yes, she has tia-tou-gong. When she was learning to walk, she knocked her head against cot very often. She doesn't usu cry unless it's very painful. So far, she only cried 1x for 10 sec at the last 6-in-one jab.

Before sleeping, she usu does the capoira (the strange brazilian martial art thing). She'll end the dance with thumb sucking before zzz. She sleeps in all sorts of funny postures; rather, she forms different shapes with her legs & body e.g. da (big), butt-up, L-shaped, etc...

It seems we all have girls! And all are 'tum-chiak' girls.

will update u on her weight & height cos we're doing 9mth developmental check. Christine is small, only abt 8 kg & 60ish cm. she has been eating 3 full meals (meat porridge, somemore) & drinking 800-900 ml for some time now. haiz, our genes....

Cream

Haha... I must have let you misunderstand about her standing part... She can't stand on "her own" yet... but I meant that when she pulls herself up holding on the me or something else, she will tip toe.

Her milk drinking has improved ever since I switched her to Similac. But still less than Christine. And if you say Christine is small, then Kaydes is even smaller. Last Sat we did the 9 month developmental check, she is only 7.7kg and about 64cm.

Last night I brought her to my mum's after not being there to stay for one month... she cried so badly and didnt wanna sleep. In the end at 1030pm, we had no choice but to bring her back home. So kelian. haha...

ping26

Haha... I must have let you misunderstand about her standing part... She can't stand on "her own" yet... but I meant that when she pulls herself up holding on the me or something else, she will tip toe.

Her milk drinking has improved ever since I switched her to Similac. But still less than Christine. And if you say Christine is small, then Kaydes is even smaller. Last Sat we did the 9 month developmental check, she is only 7.7kg and about 64cm.

Last night I brought her to my mum's after not being there to stay for one month... she cried so badly and didnt wanna sleep. In the end at 1030pm, we had no choice but to bring her back home. So kelian. haha...

Aiyo, they're almost the same weight and length/height. maybe Christine's hair weigh a bit more. hahaha...

Christine's appetite is good, but also so small. where did ex FM go??

u can request for free samples from websites. Some babies get constipation or loose stools fr different FM which may affect milk intake. My niece is taking Nestle NAN, recommended by some mummies.

Kaydes is a clever girl. She wants to stay at home :001_302:

sugarcookie

Mummies,

Any of your babies experiencing separation anxiety now? My girl's case seems really bad. The moment I put her down and walk out of the room, she screams her head off. It happens all the time, and I really mean ALL THE TIME, including at night. I spend my entire day glued to her side.

Nowadays, she will wake up 4-5 times a night and scream. I think she is probably experiencing night terrors as well. I have to pat her back to sleep but after 1-2 hours, the whole process starts again.

Doubt she is hungry. Have tried feeding her but she would take only a bit so I dropped the night feeds.

PD said my girl seems to be a very sensitive child and is rather high-need. No choice I got to adapt to her and be more sensitive to her as well.

But her night wakings are driving me crazy! I feel like I'm floating throughout the day.

Sigh, I wish she were easier...

Sorry I keep complaining but I really need to vent.

Cream

Mummies,

Any of your babies experiencing separation anxiety now? My girl's case seems really bad. The moment I put her down and walk out of the room, she screams her head off. It happens all the time, and I really mean ALL THE TIME, including at night. I spend my entire day glued to her side.

Nowadays, she will wake up 4-5 times a night and scream. I think she is probably experiencing night terrors as well. I have to pat her back to sleep but after 1-2 hours, the whole process starts again.

Doubt she is hungry. Have tried feeding her but she would take only a bit so I dropped the night feeds.

pediatrician said my girl seems to be a very sensitive child and is rather high-need. No choice I got to adapt to her and be more sensitive to her as well.

But her night wakings are driving me crazy! I feel like I'm floating throughout the day.

Hey Sugarcookie,

This happened to Kaydes sometime back... Around late Dec. She would also wake up and scream and cry quite loudly. We would also need to pat her back to sleep. Sometimes we need to carry her and rock her to sleep too... It lasted a while but for the last few nights things got better. I think it is just a phase they go through bah.

Can I check with you mummies, the last two days when I ask Kaydes to clap hands or say bye bye, she refuses to do it. Is it just cos she's stubborn, or bored of it, or something is wrong with her development? Ok, ok, I am the gan jiong mummy again. But other than not being able to sit still (always crawling or climbing or fidgeting or whatever), she doesn't wanna do any other actions. I tried to hold her hands to clap or wave bye bye, and she will refuse me quite strongly. Also, she has not said ma-ma yet. She said da-da, ba-ba, and alot of cheem cheem words like yeeeee----yaaaaa----gooooo----gaaaaaa---trussssssshhh----jaiiiiii-----.... all in one sentence... but not ma-ma. I so scared she is slow leh...

Also, have you mummies given your gals cheese yet? what kinda cheese can we give?

ping26

Mummies,

pediatrician said my girl seems to be a very sensitive child and is rather high-need. No choice I got to adapt to her and be more sensitive to her as well.

dearie, it's ok to complain and share! One of these days I may start a thread on undear hubby.

Most babies don't like to be alone. That's why ang mos advocate the baby carrier. Christine is also like that. We just put her in exersaucer, cot or playpen w toys while we do stuff. We talk to her too. She's starting to make noise now when I leave the room even if someone is carrying her. If my helper is feeding her, I have to leave room; otherwise, she won't finish her milk. uh-oh...

It would be really good if you can bring her out for daily walks in both stroller & carrier. It's only natural for her to become easily anxious in unfamiliar environment or persons. Babies are naturally kay-poh & anxious in unfamiliar places.

If a child has sensory issues, haha, then I'll advise exercise or music programmes which helps to a child to overcome 'high arousal' or anxiety.

I think the 2007 mummies are trying to organise playdates in pasir ris park. They should be able to give lots of advice.
It's good for baby to mix ard with other kids. Babies love kids.

night terrors - We've passed that phase :001_302: (more or less, touch wood)

Christine also mainly cried at wee wee hours. Sometimes, she'd refused water and/or milk. then she kept waking up every 1-2hrs!! and she used to sleep thro... It coincided with the developmental spurt - she was crawling, squatting, sitting up, learning to stand. I concluded she must be hungry cos she was doing so many things and we didn't overstimulate her.

I fed her 3 meals. Our dear girl refused to drink more milk during the day & got skinnier by week. Cos she was teething, she refused to finish her milk sometimes.

MY SOP at night
touch tummy. hard - got wind. rub oil. pat pat to sleep.

check clock - if it's 3 or 4 hrs since last feed, pat pat to calm down. offer water sometimes. prepare 3-4 oz of milk. dream feed baby. pat pat. wait for 5-10 min for burp, esp if she drinks too noisily.

Christine will refuse milk if she's still crying. So I offer water or pat before offering milk. Sometimes, I have to squeeze teat in her mouth. I have to wait for burp otherwise, she may wake up 1 hr later. Sometimes, i give up. haha

Now she's still waking up for feeds 1-2x but with less vigorous crying. it takes abt 20-30min. then i go back to sleep :win:

looking at her now, i get a bit of chills cos she's jumping crazily in the exersaucer now... I may have a hard time chasing her next time :p

ping26

Can I check with you mummies, the last two days when I ask Kaydes to clap hands or say bye bye, she refuses to do it. Is it just cos she's stubborn, or bored of it, or something is wrong with her development? Ok, ok, I am the gan jiong mummy again. But other than not being able to sit still (always crawling or climbing or fidgeting or whatever), she doesn't wanna do any other actions. I tried to hold her hands to clap or wave bye bye, and she will refuse me quite strongly. Also, she has not said - yet. She said da-da, -, and alot of cheem cheem words like yeeeee----yaaaaa----gooooo----gaaaaaa---trussssssshhh----jaiiiiii-----.... all in one sentence... but not -. I so scared she is slow ...

Also, have you mummies given your gals cheese yet? what kinda cheese can we give?
cream mummy,
u sound like a gan chiong mummy :tlaugh:

It can be anything except slow in development...

loosing previously learnt skills at 1.5 to 2 years old is a major concern. But Kaydes is only 9 mth old. hahaha, infants are easily distracted and really forgetful. Christine hasn't been saying 'mama' for some days cos too busy to practice with her. Her babbling sounds vary - I can hear CVCV, vowel or "2-syllable" speech-like sounds on some days, other days, it's pretty much baby whispers. (C-consonant, V-vowel)

Today she's practising her popping sound, her mouth opening & closing like goldfish. so funny cos she looks very serious when she's practising.

How to stimulate or teach? (I'm also newbie mummy; these adapted techniques may not work on every baby or kiddo)

a) timing matters.
-don't disturb or interrupt when baby is playing intensely. cos she's going to ignore you anyway.
- try to teach her when she's done crawling or whatever.
- I work and at night, she's busy crawling up & down our bed or stuck to headboard like a lizard. LOL she knows the remote controls are there. It's not easy to pick the right time, so up to now, she knows only a few signs.

b) reinforce w attn and exaggerated delight
- when Christine learns a new trick, we get her to show off repeatedly. praise + smiles + big response.
- Ideally try to work in repetitions during learning phase so that she doesn't forget.

c) disclaimer - try at your own risk
- I play silly stuff or games with Christine regularly, so she's quite attentive when I try to teach her. She thinks it's entertainment. hahaha... when she does a high five, we may
do a dance which gets her all excited, so she wants to do it again.

Everything is pretty much child-led. e.g. You put her on your lap, but she may hv other ideas like crawling on sofa. It will take some time before u discover how to grab Kaydes' attn. just keep experimenting :)

oh yes, Christine also doesn't lie down for more than 1 min. She likes to swing fr rod to rod in her cot, like an orang utan. She also pounces on her pillows like a jaguar. :wong10:

I'm so kiasi, I haven't intro cheese yet. I read cottage cheese is fine. Today I went looking, but there's a bit of salt. Will be trying out yogurt after Christine recovers fr big jab.

Last edited:

sugarcookie

ping26,

I've been bringing her out for walks in the mornings and evenings as long as the weather is good. She enjoys it very much :) I've been bringing her out in the pram; haven't tried the carrier for a long time though. The only one I have is a Pupsik and she hates it. Thinking of getting a Baby Bjorn but not sure if she is gonna like it.

Which carrier do you use for Christine?

sugarcookie

Cream,

My girl also waves byebye/clap hands/gong xi etc only when she is in the mood. Sometimes, she will get mixed up as well. E.g. I will say "bye bye" and she will clap her hands, or I will say "clap your hands!" and she will wave bye bye.

I've been giving her cheese since 8mths. I just give her regular Kraft cheddar cheese. It's a bit salty but she loves it!

ping26

ping26,

I've been bringing her out for walks in the mornings and evenings as long as the weather is good. She enjoys it very much :) I've been bringing her out in the pram; have not't tried the carrier for a long time though. The only one I have is a Pupsik and she hates it. Thinking of getting a Baby Bjorn but not sure if she is gonna like it.

Which carrier do you use for Christine?
I'm using a Moms-in-mind sarong sling. Christine doesn't seem to mind anything as long as she's being carried.

U can try using yr Pupsik (they're so cute) again cos babies r so fickle. The most impt thing is distract them at the point of wearing. (some babies really like familiarity) You can put her in the sling just when her fav VCD is starting. (that's the most exciting part for toddlers. they're like jumping w excitement)

Are there shops which allow testing of slings/carriers?

My sua-ku baby is scared of hamsters & trees. :1err: She clung on tightly to Daddy/Mummy when we showed her a plastic tree and hamsters at pet shop. After some encouragement or distraction, she's fine.

She used to be scared of strangers looking at her directly. Only she can look at pple, they can not look at her. haha. She used to be scared of flying birds & even a furry Elmo too.

How's baby's sleeping? I read having a night light helps some babies with night terror associated with separation anxiety. A stinky pillow or soft toy also works wonders for some. Christine loves her pillow. I think it's the smell. :001_302:

I think it's just a passing phase. Maybe hunger, teething, overstimulated,... Hope your baby gets her beauty sleep soon.

ping26

haha.. today was a non-event.

PD said a 9 mth-old will need 3 jabs of pneumococcal jab but 1-year-old only need 1 jab. silly nurse - didn't comm properly, made us so jittery for 1 week. we only did the developmental assessment.

Cream, i think what will be will be.
Christine weighs 8 kg and measures 68cm - abt 20% despite eating so much for her size... maybe she poo too much:err:

good health is most impt.

sugarcookie

Christine is so cute!

My girl used to be scared of plastic bags and newspapers. Think it was due to the crackling sound they make.

Brought her to a pet shop once and she was scared of the hamsters too!

Now, she is scared of the vacuum cleaner...

I really hope she wakes up less often soon. Really hope it is a passing phase. My eye rings are getting darker and darker by the day...

My sua-ku baby is scared of hamsters & trees. :1err: She clung on tightly to Daddy/Mummy when we showed her a plastic tree and hamsters at pet shop. After some encouragement or distraction, she's fine.

She used to be scared of strangers looking at her directly. Only she can look at pple, they can not look at her. haha. She used to be scared of flying birds & even a furry Elmo too.

How's baby's sleeping? I read having a night light helps some babies with night terror associated with separation anxiety. A stinky pillow or soft toy also works wonders for some. Christine loves her pillow. I think it's the smell. :001_302:

I think it's just a passing phase. Maybe hunger, teething, overstimulated,... Hope your baby gets her beauty sleep soon.

pinkytham

little valerie likes playing people's nipple!!!!
especially the daddy and gong gong wan....
mine wear bra so no chance hee hee
nw they wan play with her must wear clothes! @_@
wahaha see that cheeky face omg can faintz...
she also likes to play with my navel.....like pulling my clothes up to play with it haha

gah, my reply disappeared just now. Then I couldn't access website for a while.
Pinkytham, teeth or no teeth, your baby is best eater:red:
She sounds lively and funny :)

I have some food intolerances, can't eat oyster or malt, i.e. I may get itchy skin, running nose (post-nasal drip) or even a lot of farts/cramps. Malt is found in some types of wheat. So being a kiasi mummy, I didn't intro wheat & oat before 8 month. that's why I still give a bit of breast milk.

My girl also likes Gerber biscuits. I have not't given gardenia bread cos stonston said that commercial bread has many chemicals. too troublesome to bake biscuits & bread... heard breadtalk & delifrance is better but a little sweet & baguette salty... (stonston's words are like my makan bible)

I bought some Healthy Times biscuits. Have to intro oat & corn 1st. They looked very yummy. Very hard to find cos only certain branches of Cold Storage have them. Now which branch did I go???

Christine's been to the pediatrician/GP 3 times - fever w no symptoms, nappy rash-turned-fungal infection, runny nose (fr cousin). So far, no hives or rashes :)

Just now, she had milk coming out of her nose! think there was a huge burp & somehow milk came out there. otherwise, she's fine .

Now for the biggie next wk!

sugarcookie, your girl is so cute & "tum-chiak".

let's share funny stories ...

Christine sometimes licks us, sometimes she tries to pluck daddy's leg hairs.

ping26

little valerie likes playing people's nipple!!!!
especially the daddy and gong gong want....
mine wear bra so no chance hee hee
now they want play with her must wear clothes! @_@
wahaha see that cheeky face omg can faintz...
she also likes to play with my navel.....like pulling my clothes up to play with it haha
:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh: so cute

Cream

Haha... Same. Kaydes also plays with my hubby's nipple. So funny...
She cannot relax for one min... always wiggling or bending over when we carry her...
This morning at 4am... I heard Kaydes calling out softly for attention. I opened my eyes and she is not at her mattress. I viewed the room (in the dark and with sleepy eyes), she was sitting at the bedroom door, trying to get outside but doesnt know how to open the door (which was ajar)... so I suppose she is asking me or the maid to open the door for her... so funny!!!

ping26

Haha... Same. Kaydes also plays with my hubby's nipple. So funny...
She cannot relax for one min... always wiggling or bending over when we carry her...
This morning at 4am... I heard Kaydes calling out softly for attention. I opened my eyes and she is not at her mattress. I viewed the room (in the dark and with sleepy eyes), she was sitting at the bedroom door, trying to get outside but doesnt know how to open the door (which was ajar)... so I suppose she is asking me or the maid to open the door for her... so funny!!!
Christine is quite kwai and more kiasi (like me) than kaypoh. I'm a bit envious. Kaydes is so CUTE and very kaypoh.

They are growing up so fast. Soon, it'll be 1st birthday. Then, they'll be toddlers.

Kaydes sounds like very active but better keep yr door closed properly, in case she crawls out & does something spectacular in the middle of night.

BTW did any mummy get Haenim play yard or something like that?