April 09 MTBs!

lovedove

lovedove, did you dry the brown rice before passing it to the chinese medical hall? If you did, how did you dry it? In the open or...?

Oh, and which medical hall do you go to??

Hi Sugarcookie,

i did not dry the brown rice first because the aunty said they will have the machine to dry or rather heat it before they grind into powder. Oh i go to a TCM clinic in bukit batok,near my house. I read from other forum that some medical halls in Chinatown that have the grinder also help customer grind, but i not sure which one. I have tried rabbit brand ready made ones but find it heaty and my baby got phelgm after taking it...

Cream

Ping26, I love your gal's hair... so nice leh... envy

Thanks for all the advice... I basically let Kaydes wear socks after shower and at night now. But whenever it rains during midday, I will still let her wear socks.. haha.. confused mother! And yes, she is still so botak... heehee... never mind la. Next time grow up already cannot botak le mah...

Anyway ladies, I am giving Kaydes brown rice from Eu Yan Sang. Maybe you all would like to try it. Really easy... just scoop 2-3 tsp and add about 130ml water, then cook for about 7 minutes, and ready to serve. Its also added with si shen powder already.

For the last week, Kaydes doesn't wanna drink her milk. sigh... why am I always in this situation? Give her 130ml, she can leave you with 70ml to go down the basin... God save me, and forgive me for wasting food.

Hey, anyone gone swimming yet? I mean babies.... I don't dare to try yet. So if anyone bringing your baby, please let me know your experience and when you intend to bring. If possible, we can go together. I am on leave next Wed, Thurs and Fri is a PH, so next week is good.

Keep in touch!

ping26

Ping26, I love your gal's hair... so nice ... envy

Thanks for all the advice... I basically let Kaydes wear socks after shower and at night now. But whenever it rains during midday, I will still let her wear socks.. haha.. confused mother! And yes, she is still so botak... heehee... never mind . Next time grow up already cannot botak mah...

Anyway ladies, I am giving Kaydes brown rice from Eu Yan Sang. Maybe you all would like to try it. Really easy... just scoop 2-3 tsp and add about 130ml water, then cook for about 7 minutes, and ready to serve. Its also added with si shen powder already.

For the last week, Kaydes doesn't wanna drink her milk. sigh... why am I always in this situation? Give her 130ml, she can leave you with 70ml to go down the basin... God save me, and forgive me for wasting food.

Hey, anyone gone swimming yet? I mean babies.... I dont't dare to try yet. So if anyone bringing your baby, please let me know your experience and when you intend to bring. If possible, we can go together. I am on leave next Wed, Thurs and Fri is a PH, so next week is good.

Keep in touch!
hahaha, I love her hair too. I have a different problem. hair grows so fast that I have to cut it every mth. So scary, cos I'm her hairstylist :001_302: Cos her activity level is higher & she perspires more easily now, I have to layer her hair too. her head bobs here & there...

Kaydes will have beautiful hair next time!

Christine wasted a lot of milk last mth. Her arms became skinny & there was slow weight gain. She prefers Enfapro to Enfalac. we mix them 50-50 cos hubby thinks enfalac is more "po". She drinks much faster now. Have u tried changin milk pwd?

swimming... it'd be great to meet up. But I haven't bought swimming stuff for her. What would she need? Where to get nice & cheap stuff? My greatest nightmare would be her poo-pooing in pool.

But hubby insists she shld stay out of sun cos he loves her milky rosy skin. I'm more concerned abt her getting sunburnt or catching a chill (bad weather). Is there an indoor pool? Does anyone have taka health club membership? hee...that would be nice

ping26

hallo mummies,

how r u & your waists?

Every time I weigh Christine & myself, the weight gain is from me. Christine's weight is stuck at 8 kg.

My weight went down to 53kg in Nov, then we went on holiday. OMG now it's 54.6kg!!!:eek:

How? any suggestion?

I literally have a tyre round my waist.

lovedove

Hello Ping,

tell me about it...both me and my baby are got meat type...haha. My gal weigh 9.8kg..Together we weigh 67kg...can't help...both baby and mummy always have great appetite...Seems like total breastfeeding also no use...haha.

I am bringing baby on her first overseas trip on a plane this CNY to Thailand. Very excited but worried too. Did you bring your gal overseas too? Any tips to share?

Any april mummies has travelling experience with baby to share too?

Many thanks!

Cream

Hey everyone... how's all the babies doing? Kaydes is able to sit up on her own, but yet to pull herself to standing position yet. Maybe I didnt give her a chance to be near the coffee table and TV consoles, etc so no chance to practice. However, I do feel that she is a little slow in her development.

How about speech-wise? She can say ba-ba-ba-ba-ba and thats about it. haha.. but she is super kaypo now. Always looking around whenever she hears some noise. She is also super active... I can hardly manage her now.

As for travelling, I have no experience and do not intend to bring her at such a young age. I know I am the super kiasi type of parent so too bad... she won't get to go anywhere at least till she can walk. But my cousin always brings her baby when she travels for business. She started bringing her baby from 3 months of age and she seem pretty ok with travelling with a young baby. I suppose if you do it often enough you will get the hang of it.

Kaydes is still botak!

ping26

lovedove said:
I am bringing baby on her first overseas trip on a plane this CNY to Thailand. Very excited but worried too. Did you bring your gal overseas too?
Some good news... weight is back to 53kg. 5 more kg to lose *only*

We didn't dare to bring baby along. Missed her badly, so got into argument when we landed in Spore. Was a bit afraid that she couldn't sleep without seeing me or can't recognise me. hahaha... she was fine but I wasn't fine. I'd rather bring her along next time. both hubby & I had were struck w stomach ailments even though we were in HK & Macau. Despite that, it was a pleasant holiday.

Better bring enough meds for both baby & yourself. remember to bring insect repellent. try to stay away fr roads cos quite polluted. Do they still use leaded petrol?

Christine is quite an easy girl, so I think I can bring her along on hol next time. But 3 mth is really a bit young.

Hey everyone... how's all the babies doing? Kaydes is able to sit up on her own, but yet to pull herself to standing position yet. Maybe I didnt give her a chance to be near the coffee table and TV consoles, etc so no chance to practice. However, I do feel that she is a little slow in her development.

How about speech-wise? She can say ---- and thats about it. haha.. but she is super kaypo now. Always looking around whenever she hears some noise. She is also super active... I can hardly manage her now.

Kaydes is still botak!
Don't worry, Kaydes' hair will definitely grow soon enough - in 2010.

hee, Christine is quite fast. Also very kaypo.

Actually with only 8 mth on earth, it is not useful to compare milestones as we usu go by +/- 6 mth. Cos I'm a therapist (but I work with older kids), I don't say things like "don't worry, etc" unless I know the facts.

What u could do is to refer to health booklet & check off yr baby's development. If there are delays in all items in 2 or more domains (eg personal-social, GM), then you shld ask yr PD to do a more detailed assessment during developmental assessment.

The other thing is to expose/stimulate your baby.
Provide baby with a safe environment to explore. And talk talk talk to her. Some mummies go for many FREE trial lessons to learn ideas. You can search Youtube for kiddie or teaching videos.

I used to do some positioning for Christine for rolling & sitting. We also did some limb exercises. I didn't let my helper see in case she do wrongly. My helper reads to her. We also babble back to Christine & show great excitement whenever she does something. We don't do exercises or reading daily cos we're busy.
Christine's development is abt 10-12mth milestones.:wong19:
Don't worry, if you stimulate yr baby, most kids will be abt the same at 2 years old. Unfortunately, some 3 year-olds do appear a tad slower than peers if home environment is not conducive/stimulating. But whatever you do, make sure your baby is happy!

Kay po is good:Dancing_wub:

sugarcookie

Morning Mummies,

It's been a long time.

Baby fell sick for the first time last week. It was super traumatic for her and me. Fever hit 40C! I really panicked. She's ok now though, thank goodness.

Actually, I'm like Cream. Quite kiasi and not keen on bringing baby overseas when she's small. But got to bring her to Germany in July, bo bian. Still 6 or 7 mths away but I'm already worrying about how I'm going to manage her on the plane and in Germany :~

Weight-wise, I'm back to pre-preg size. Lost a bit more due to baby falling sick last week.

BTW, any of you planning to give your babies the H1N1 jab? Especially if you are travelling?

Also, do you "brush" your babies' teeth and gums??

pinkytham

=D hee hee
me weight went to 42kg =(
than princess at 7kg
so skinny....
i wanted to maintain the weight but it still went down
got a little tummy

hallo mummies,

how are you & your waists?

Every time I weigh Christine & myself, the weight gain is from me. Christine's weight is stuck at 8 kg.

My weight went down to 53kg in Nov, then we went on holiday. OMG now it's 54.6kg!!!:eek:

How? any suggestion?

I literally have a tyre round my waist.

ping26

Morning Mummies,

It's been a long time.

Baby fell sick for the first time last week. It was super traumatic for her and me. Fever hit 40C! I really panicked. She's ok now though, thank goodness.

Actually, I'm like Cream. Quite kiasi and not keen on bringing baby overseas when she's small. But got to bring her to Germany in July, bo bian. Still 6 or 7 mths away but I'm already worrying about how I'm going to manage her on the plane and in Germany :~

Weight-wise, I'm back to pre-preg size. Lost a bit more due to baby falling sick last week.

BTW, any of you planning to give your babies the H1N1 jab? Especially if you are travelling?

Also, do you "brush" your babies' teeth and gums??

Envy envy. I'm mortified that the weight will be stuck on me forever... what to do?

Sugarcookie, I travelled a lot in past w hubby. I'm the garang type. I don't mind living abroad & be SAHM :red:

For now, I have good family support, so I can say anything easily. Pls take it w pinch of salt. I got very stressed w baby's loud cries when I was unsure and in recovery. Now I read her behv quite well (I find that infant behv is somewhat similar to children with autism :embarrassed:), so motherhood has been unbelievably rewarding and fun. *touch wood*

Try to learn a bit of German and know the culture & city cos bo bian, have to go. If u go armed w knowledge, u will find it easier to adapt & get along w some Germans. Try to find some Spore/Asian mummies in Germany now. They can give good advice. I suppose u really have to brush up your culinary skills. Don't quite like German food & eating out is inconvenient & ex...

Due to language thing, costs & baby's age, I suppose I would consider giving baby h1n1 jab 1 mth before leaving. Germans in big cities can speak good English but unless yr hubby's company has comprehensive medical insurance, it's best to do the jab & monitor for complications here.

long plane flight - better check w PD & get some medication before going. I have sensitive nose, ears may get blocked sometimes. So I always bring zyrtec, helps me to sleep & prevent blocked nose.

It'll be good if yr hubby takes long flight w you so u can take turns to look after baby & catch some sleep. Most imptly, bring extra clothes for ALL in handcarry in case baby burps all over. A sarong sling/carrier would relieve tired arms.

I guess it'll be good to go out more often w baby, so that she doesn't get anxious easily in new envm. And get more practice calming her down quickly.

If u like, we can go out on Friday, my off-day :)
Where do u stay by the way? U can PM me.

Christine has 2 lil teeth now, so I/my helper brush w a pigeon baby toothbrush 2x day. I wasn't that consistent w cleaning gums & tongue cos my helper takes care of her when I work & I didn't want her finger (glove or no glove) in baby's mouth. I thot no point cleaning way after meal times.

pinkytham

btw my naughty ger still have no tooth coming out!!!!
she is still bo geh....
kinda worried for her is it normal?
envy u all whose babies got tooth =(

she is still so skinny as ever...quite worried cus when she noes hw to walk, she will lose weight even more =(

sugarcookie

ping26,

Thanks for your advice and suggestions!

I wish I were garang like you. Don't know why I'm so terrified about living overseas with baby. Guess I'm scared of loneliness.

Hubby will be very busy over there, so can't keep me and baby company. I'm really reluctant to go but for the sake of my marriage, no choice I guess.

I've got a date this Friday ;) so how about another day? Will PM you. BTW, I live in Tampines.

sugarcookie

btw my naughty ger still have no tooth coming out!!!!
she is still bo geh....
kinda worried for her is it normal?
envy you all whose babies got tooth =(

she is still so skinny as ever...quite worried cus when she noes hw to walk, she will lose weight even more =(
Don't worry, it is perfectly normal.

My sis' first tooth didn't emerge until she was ONE!

Skinny never mind la...as long as she is active, happy and healthy then everything should be fine :)

ping26

=D
glad to hear that
soi many took your baby has now?
hahaha, u are still so 'on' abt teeth. remember to wash gums now cos my fren said yr girl has to get used to it now. else, she may resist cleaning next time. Now easy cos mouthing & a bit blur at 8 mth.

Christine is not still bah-bah. only put on 1 kg in 2-3 mth. Her milk intake did increase after her activity level went up. So I think won't really lose weight, just can't put on more...

guess we LIKE to find something to worry abt. :001_302:

I worry that Christine will forget stuff. She started saying mamamama 1 or 2 weeks ago. some days, she just won't say, some days she'll repeat after me happily. I will go, "eh how come she forget?" I've taught her 3 actions which she loves performing - hi-5, clap hands & (very impt) gongxi gongxi...

I used to measure our weight almost everyday.
I also quite paranoid abt bf. really pathetic amt of BM ...

sugarcookie,
just kay poh - how many teeth does yr girl have? cos u posted a few threads on it...

sugarcookie

pinkytham and ping26,

My girl has two bottom teeth now. Have been gently rubbing her teeth and gums with moist gauze every night. She thinks I'm trying to feed her something though and will keep chewing at the gauze.

ping26

pinkytham and ping26,

My girl has two bottom teeth now. Have been gently rubbing her teeth and gums with moist gauze every night. She thinks I'm trying to feed her something though and will keep chewing at the gauze.
hahaha, my girl also chews everything.

cos she has been eyeballing us when we eat, I finally gave her a few grains of rice today. She had a curious exprn but she didn't ask for more.

Christine loves her meat+veg porridge but has started to reject pureed fruit. We're trying watermelon tmw...

Has anyone fed rice or bread or biscuits to baby yet?

I've been looking for a suitable brand - have tried bellamy, pigeon & gerber stars (given by MIL). too messy, sweet & too many chemicals.

She'll be going for pneumococcal jab next Sat. Hope she can take it.

pinkytham

ping at least u still bf =D dun feel sad over the little amt

my ger noe bye bye, gong xi gong xi, hi 5 and favourite clap hands haha loves dancing also =D

her favourite advertisement is the ribena ad with evelyn's daughter dancing around..
omg when shes in the walker, she super duper high and excited damm funny =D

pinkytham

hmm i gave baby biscuits when she was 4mths old =D
her favourite food now is the gerber skinny tall bottle she loves the sweet potatoe flavor!!! she likes anything that she see us eating @_@

after my ger got the jab, she cried like hell think very painful or is the doc no skill haha
cause previously for the 6 in 1 jab she was ok (another doc)

hahaha, my girl also chews everything.

cos she has been eyeballing us when we eat, I finally gave her a few grains of rice today. She had a curious exprn but she didn't ask for more.

Christine loves her meat+veg porridge but has started to reject pureed fruit. We're trying watermelon tmw...

Has anyone fed rice or bread or biscuits to baby yet?

I've been looking for a suitable brand - have tried bellamy, pigeon & gerber stars (given by mother in law). too messy, sweet & too many chemicals.

She'll be going for pneumococcal jab next Sat. Hope she can take it.

sugarcookie

I started giving my girl baby biscuits when she turned 8 mths. Gave her Manna (troublesome, got to break the biscuits into smaller pieces, crumbs fly everywhere), Pigeon (the small round type - but it doesn't melt easily and causes my baby to CHOKE), Gerber puffs (she loves this! And so do I! Yummy but full of chemicals I agree).

Thinking of trying Healthy Times biscuits and some from Happy Baby. But I heard there are some recalls regarding the latter though.

Gave baby rice a few weeks back but she spat it back out.

I've been giving my girl bread as a snack since a month back. She LOVES bread! She can eat 2 slices everyday. I give her Gardenia High Fibre White and Banana Walnut (with the nuts removed of course). Wanted to give her wholemeal but PD told me it's a bit too complex for her at this time.

The moment she sees me holding a slice of bread, she would crawl over, stand and hug my knees and start making a lot of noise.

She is sick AGAIN though. Sigh. She was sick two weeks ago and now she is sick again! Think she caught the flu from my mummy this time.

Do your babies fall sick often??

Last edited: