April 09 MTBs!

Cream

Hi Everyone,

I never realised that there are gonna be so many april babies until I read this thread.

I am due on 27th Apr, also a girl. Amazing that most of us are having girls... This is my first baby and I am both excited and scared about the labour experience.

I will be giving birth in KKH as my hubby is a civil servant... Anyone of you will be there about the same date?

Cream

Wow... you must be really excited now... Thought of a name yet?

My hubby and I picked Kaydes as the english name... but for Chinese name, it is really hard to decide.

I get tired easily these days... and I have yet to feel the so-called contractions (Braxton Hicks) yet... just that sometimes my lower abdomen feels a little aching (like menses cramps, but very mild). So I'm not sure what that feeling is.

Can't wait for my first meeting with Kaydes... I think it will be an emotional moment... lol

Cream

weird... i used quick reply but whatever I typed didn't show here... can someone explain to me why?

Cream

Hi,

Anyone of you felt some kinda cramps yet? It just feels like aching but not so much on tightening of the uterus... I have been experiencing this for the past few mornings, and sometimes in the evening...

Pls share.

sugarcookie

Hi,

Anyone of you felt some kinda cramps yet? It just feels like aching but not so much on tightening of the uterus... I have been experiencing this for the past few mornings, and sometimes in the evening...

Pls share.
Yes I have! It tends to happen to me around 1am. I asked my OB and she said it's normal; your body is "practising" for labour.

Cream

Thanks for sharing... I guess by now there will be more new things happening to us since we are approaching our due date. Hmmmm... God, give me strength... lol

lovedove

Hi all April 09 MTBs...

I am new here..Nice to meet all of you here sharing our excitement and fears...
I am expecting my first baby, my edd is 13 april, a baby girl too..very excited yet afraid of labor and delivery pain too...Hope i can tahan without epidural...

Went to gynae today, she said my baby is on the small side at 2.3kg only now...

CJmom

Hope i can tahan without epidural...
I'm gearing up to go w/out epidural since my 1st preggie c-sec :( hiaz... wanted to experience natural but couldnt and test myself how much pain I thought I can really take. All the best! :shyxxx:

sugarcookie

counting down to the birth of my little princess nw..
any symptoms of false alarms that u encountered??
I've been having mild cramps at night but they go away after a while. But once I feel those cramps coming, I'm wide awake! I can't wait for this pregnancy to end...this last stretch seems like forever!!

sugarcookie

I'm gearing up to go w/out epidural since my 1st preggie c-sec :( hiaz... wanted to experience natural but couldnt and test myself how much pain I thought I can really take. All the best! :shyxxx:
Your first pregnancy was elective C-sect? I'm really tempted to go for a C-sect cos I'm really scared of pain...but my OB is totally against it. Knowing myself, I think I'm going to need an epidural...

Cream

Welcome Lovedove...

I just came back from my checkup... Doc says my bb is BIG... now at 2.7kg... so he is contemplating on induction. But will finalise at my next check up 3 weeks from now... I want to go for natural because I want to do the post natal massage... So I better stop eating too much in case bb gets too big and I have to undergo Cesarean.

The weird thing is... I have not been eating alot, how come my bb is considered BIG? I don't usually finish my meal (normal foodcourt serving). And I don't snack in between meals... Oops... could it be those late night ice cream??? :we2unsure:

jxmummy

Welcome Lovedove...

I just came back from my checkup... Doc says my bb is BIG... now at 2.7kg... so he is contemplating on induction. But will finalise at my next check up 3 weeks from now... I want to go for natural because I want to do the post natal massage... So I better stop eating too much in case bb gets too big and I have to undergo Cesarean.

The weird thing is... I have not been eating alot, how come my bb is considered BIG? I don't usually finish my meal (normal foodcourt serving). And I don't snack in between meals... Oops... could it be those late night ice cream??? :we2unsure:
Hi Cream,

My EDD is on 21 April 2009, am near to 36 weeks now, and I went for my checkup last week, and my baby girl is 3.1kg already!!! I asked my gyane whether my baby girl was too big, but he didn't mentioned anything and said it's ok. But to me, i thought it's big. I'm in the same situation as you, I don't snack in between meals, I cut down all sweet things few months ago and I also don't go for late night supper. I'm also wondering why my baby girl is big.
By the way, how much weight have you gain?

hi april mommies...

i delivered on 12 march instead of april 3rd (EDD)....so anyone of u getting signals too?

am so tired now...baby was born 36weeks 6 days...still considered "premature" by docs...but we could go home after 2 days at hosp :)

and i did not take epidural (boast boast)

so i think some of u can tolerate the labor pains too !

dodos

Hi all April 09 MTBs...

I am new here..Nice to meet all of you here sharing our excitement and fears...
I am expecting my first baby, my edd is 13 april, a baby girl too..very excited yet afraid of labor and delivery pain too...Hope i can tahan without epidural...

Went to gynae today, she said my baby is on the small side at 2.3kg only now...
Same my bb also on the small side. Best to stay inside longer and hoping they gain more. But i can't wait...