April 09 MTBs!

CJmom

Your first pregnancy was elective C-sect? I'm really tempted to go for a C-sect cos I'm really scared of pain...but my OB is totally against it. Knowing myself, I think I'm going to need an epidural...
Sugarcookie, yes had to opt for c-sect cos bb in transverse and I was dialating liao. In fact my doc ask me come in the very next morning cos she worried I start to go into labour then it will be very dangerous! I went HUH!!!??? I mean my bags are packed but it's like couple of hours away only ley cos I saw her at 7pm... mentally not prepared!

When I was in the ops, I was so scared till I shivered and cried :_(
There was this indian ah-mah who kept reassuring me but I was scared stiff. And to share with you, after the ops, definitely took long time for the wound to heal. Even after few months if I applied some pressure, can still feel pain even 1yr+ on when I exert too much strength when carrying my boy. Some of my gfs who c-sect also felt pain after several months and some even don't have any feeling at all - numb at the wound area - feels very weird.

Lastly, if this is your 1st bb and you're planning for more, if 1st time u c-sect, then 2nd one you want natural, you can still try for it if your doc give green light. But if your 2nd one c-sec again, then 3rd on onwards you can only go c-sec. So you decide.

Ps: You can still go natural and opt for epidural at early stage so no need to "suffer" that badly. As mine was c-sect, confirm must take epidural and though docs insist no side effect, but I tell you from then on I get tingling+mumbing sensation at my spine area when I'm physically tired or exert too much strength e.g. like doing housework? The feeling goes away when I am rested. So my 2nd one, I insist natural w/out epidural. Tahan the pain once and for all... don't want to have "leftovers". :001_302:

lovedove

CJmom and sugarcookie,
thanks so much for your encouragement. Yep, i shall look on the positive side...my baby still got 25days b4 EDD to catch up in size..haha.

Huimin and Cream,
my case is just the opposite of you guys..The weird thing is I eat and snack alot....i also eat supper everyday....i already gain more than 15kg...but doctor said my baby is still on the small side...sigh..Yeah Cream , i also eat lotsa ice-cream too cos during this third trimester always feeling very hot..

dodos,
Yeah, think we both got same problem.. but not to worry...my mum said smaller baby can be easier to deliver...
Like what sugarcookie said
"there are lots of healthy babies out there who are a little smaller so no worries! "

just to share

my total weight gain is about 12 kg

and bb was born at 2.75 kg

well, first, he is so called premature "36 weeks 6 days"...so i suppose that is why he is small?

also, i take coffee (rather diluted) every morning when i was preg....and some websites claim that caffeine has an impact on weight.

well, the only problem i had was he had jaundice ..highest at 246 ....and now the level is dropping...last check five days old, 157 ....so everything is fine

he eats, he sleeps, he cries and he poops

rather alert baby too

CJmom

Hi Hui Min, so there will be no chance we'll bump into each other. Still, all the best to you! Have a smooth delivery! Msg when you pop ya!

dodos

CJmom and sugarcookie,
thanks so much for your encouragement. Yep, i shall look on the positive side...my baby still got 25days b4 EDD to catch up in size..haha.

Huimin and Cream,
my case is just the opposite of you guys..The weird thing is I eat and snack alot....i also eat supper everyday....i already gain more than 15kg...but doctor said my baby is still on the small side...sigh..Yeah Cream , i also eat lotsa ice-cream too cos during this third trimester always feeling very hot..

dodos,
Yeah, think we both got same problem.. but not to worry...my mum said smaller baby can be easier to deliver...
Like what sugarcookie said
"there are lots of healthy babies out there who are a little smaller so no worries! "
lovedove, when is your edd? I think same as my? I also eat alot of snack and gain 15+kg so far. But bb didn't get much from me. My body take more.

Cream

Hi Ladies,

So far I have gained 15kg... *faint*...

I also drink coffee throughout the pregnancy, tho I don't have the addiction to it like some coffee drinkers do... I drink probably about 2-3 cups per week. So I suppose alot of sayings and beliefs are not so accurate. Since my baby is now considered big.

I just hope that baby don't get TOO big in the next three weeks so that I can still induce and go through normal VB. I have heard that caesarean wound would take at least one year or more to heal completely too, so I can't bear the thought of it. Esp when I want to do immediate post natal massage, I die die have to go for VB.

I will be at KKH too... hopefully around 11th April for the induction.

Cream

Can someone describe the pain felt during labour and child birth if no epidural is administered? What is the pain like?

rosita

hi april mommies...

i delivered on 12 march instead of april 3rd (EDD)....so anyone of u getting signals too?

am so tired now...baby was born 36weeks 6 days...still considered "premature" by docs...but we could go home after 2 days at hosp :)

and i did not take epidural (boast boast)

so i think some of u can tolerate the labor pains too !
:wong19:congtrs to you n hubby
:tlaugh:wah u give birth wit out epidural,so wish every mummy2 cn tolerate the pain.good exp for you.have a good luck.
warmest regards
Ros
www.traditionaljavanesemassage-rosita.blogspot.com
Thanks you

lovedove

lovedove, when is your edd? I think same as my? I also eat alot of snack and gain 15+kg so far. But bb didn't get much from me. My body take more.

Hi Dodo,

my edd is 13 april.. Yeah same here, my body takes in more weight than my baby...think wld have problems shedding those extra pounds after delivery too..

Recently always feel tightness and cramps...many false alarms...haha..maybe too excited..:)

CJmom

What is like when your waterbag bursts? Is like really like water gushing out?? Or it starts with trickling then gets more??

CJmom

Hi Ladies,

So far I have gained 15kg... *faint*...

I will be at KKH too... hopefully around 11th April for the induction.
I gain like just 8kg cos this time appetite very small and worried bb not getting enough nutrients but luckily gynae said most weight went to bb and I'm glad. In fact he is putting on too fast initially and only recently stablized which gynae said it is better. I also want to go for VB cos going to "take a break" after this so want to regain back figure. Didnt get to do post-natal massage cos c-sec for the first. My edd 21 April but like most pple who sees me always comment bb very low liao and tummy very big. So let's see if we get to bump into each other :) All the best to your delivery.

CJmom

Anyone can share what is like when they say waterbag burst? Is it really like water gushing out suddenly or just trickling down and gets more? My first was c-sec so didnt get to experience all the "natural goodness" so am wondering :err:

Cream

These few days, I have been feeling occasional sharp pain in the V area... anyone felt anything like that?

pinkytham

mi also...... i very scared cause these few daes hubby working nite shift than i left 9 days to my edd =(
got diahorea and also cramps!
the sharp pains i encountered is like baby pushing the v?
isit the same experience?

These few days, I have been feeling occasional sharp pain in the V area... anyone felt anything like that?

CynCyn

Hi April 09 MTBS .

Anyone giving birth at TMC ?
So excited counting down for my girl's arrival .