April 09 MTBs!

lovedove

Hi Mummies...
Though i am a sahm, do you think sending baby to a full-day childcare at 18mths will be better to train her independence and social skills and she won't stick to me and me alone like superglue? Me in a dilemma....

Hi Ping26,
The class my gal is attending now is Suntec GUG, level 3, near 'Toy R us'. 63366023. Besides zoophonics, art and craft, mandarin, they also cover music and movement every Thursday where the children get to sing, dance and play with different musical instuments as the teacher plays the keyboard. i find the program quite comprehensive. Two teachers to a class of about 6 to 8 babies. Not bad, most importantly, my gal enjoyed herself there.. But if you are looking for music focused playgroup, i heard from friends that Grace Kids at Great world city is not bad. You can check out their website. Hope this helps...cheers!

ping26

Hi Mummies...
Though i am a stay at home mum, do you think sending baby to a full-day childcare at 18mths will be better to train her independence and social skills and she won't stick to me and me alone like superglue? Me in a dilemma....

Hi Ping26,
The class my gal is attending now is Suntec GUG, level 3, near 'Toy R us'. 63366023. Besides zoophonics, art and craft, mandarin, they also cover music and movement every Thursday where the children get to sing, dance and play with different musical instuments as the teacher plays the keyboard. i find the program quite comprehensive. Two teachers to a class of about 6 to 8 babies. Not bad, most importantly, my gal enjoyed herself there.. But if you are looking for music focused playgroup, i heard from friends that Grace Kids at Great world city is not bad. You can check out their website. Hope this helps...cheers!
hi lovedove mummy,

I think it depends on your reasons (you or baby) for wanting childcare for yr girl. If u r concerned abt her stickiness to u, u can try 2 -hr daily drop-off playgroups or finding regular playmates for her.

If u tend to overprotect/indulge her (hee...), then full- or half- day childcare may be a good idea, esp if u r planning to hv another kid soon :)

Personally, I prefer weekly playgroups cos Christine has some regular playmates, incl adult ones.

Thks so much for the info abt Gracekids & GUG. will check them out after Christine recovers fr runny nose. haiz, the viruses r v strong these days.

CJmom

hi ping26

The dentist is Atria-Pan Dental at Wisma and first time there. Dunno how is it going to turn out but since she sees children too and got rather good reviews from staffs from other outlets so joined the queue to see her. Will share the ordeal hahaha after our visit.

CJmom

what happened to this HOT thread?? SO sad to see no more new posts. April 09 Mummies... knock knock how are you all?

Btw I'm helping my mil look for NTUC points for the Sola Swiss Kitchen Knives. If you have any and dun need it, can I have it? Thanks!

ping26

hi ping26

The dentist is Atria-Pan Dental at Wisma and first time there. dont know how is it going to turn out but since she sees children too and got rather good reviews from staffs from other outlets so joined the queue to see her. Will share the ordeal hahaha after our visit.
hi CJmom

how did the dentist visit go? Thinking of bring Christine to dentist next year.

She is doing really fine, so I don't have any question, except for toilet training. Don't know if I should start soon. Scared of having accidents when outside. Christine can pee into a potty upon request.

oh yes, I'm looking for a suitable music programme like staccato music class. Any suggestion?

I finally lost a bit of "mass". Weight is abt the same but I can wear more of my old clothes. At least, people have stopped trying to give me seats on MRT now. whewww.

let me see if I hv those NTUC points things. might have thrown that away.

CJmom

Hi Ping26

Great, the dentist visit went so well. My son is so brave, ha ha braver than me, I was all so tensed and the dentist had to tell me to breathe. The dentist could even go ahead to polish his teeth which usually she said she will not do for this age group cos they tend to struggle and also for first visit which is more of get to know each other. May want to try prep-talk Christine before bringing her so she knows what to expect.

Think about it. As soon as you start toilet training, can start saving $ on diapers. Hee hee. As my son finds diaper uncomfortable, so gradually trained him. Now he wears diaper only at night. Of course starting sure have accidents so better to try at home and just make sure to stay clear of any furniture you don't want 'destroyed'. Best put some toys on the floor, at least just need to clean the floor only. I was told that being told to go potty is not toilet-training as wanting to go when the need arises. Even after erh I think 3 months, my son still has accidents especially when he plays until forget to go pee.

Have you checked out Yamaha to see if they have staccato class? If Christine likes music, there's this concert from SSO: Singapore Symphony Orchestra

Oh well, if you do ever find those points cos I always tell myself to keep them but once I reach home, I just forget about it and by the time I recall and go dig into those plastic bags, somehow they are no longer there..hmm.

ping26

Hi CJmom

How much was dental treatment ? Thinking of bringing her to dentist next year.

It's hard to toilet train my baby cos there isn't room for accident. She goes to paternal grandparents & sis place on days that I work. Bedroom is carpeted or parquet (BIL v fussy). I'm thinking of using pull-ups as training pants. They are really expensive & Christine is a water guzzler. Normal Petpet size L diapers just last 2 hrs. We had to switch to L when M size lasted barely 1 hr even though she's small size.

Yes, we attended SSO baby concert yesterday. She enjoyed it so much that she was exhausted after 30 min. She was jumping on my lap, swaying her arms & clapping hands, along with audience. She fell asleep :eek: , then woke up for last 10 min. I enjoyed myself too. All in, it was worth $56 for 2 tickets. IMO, it was better than trial music lessons. She came back & looked thro the brochure. All the musical instruments made sense to her now that she's seen & heard them. She could also sing in low tone. It was so funny to hear her sing Doe A Deer in normal and husky voice. She hasn't got the fast & slow tempo part yet cos she fell asleep during that segment. haha. It was really fun for us.