Are Blocked Ears Common During Pregnancy?

austrina

hi all dear mummies... has any mummies xp blocked ears during their pregnancy esp e 1st trimester? can any1 advise hw & wat 2 do when u hv blocked ear/ears?
coz my right ear is nw blocked & is uncomfortable & quite painful... :S

Queen E

I'm having similar symptom.. but I have yet tested with e BFP... still a BFN.. ever since my period is late for going 2 months.. I've been having block ear on and off. And now recently.. I've been having back aching.. cramps.. and headaches.. and slpyness~

Oh man.... :Dancing_unhappy:

wenz

not sure if its common but i too have blocked ears during preg... even till min before my labour i experience blocked ears too...

CanCanMum

austrina babe~~ how often do u experience tat? If its once in a while, shd be fine. I will chew something to make the "blocked" feeling go away~

if its so often and painful somemore, advisable to see a doctor or to highlight to your gynae, perhaps it due to water retention or something?

i do experience it once in a while but after i chew a sweet it goes away. I was quite bloated and has water retention problem at the feet area when i was pregnant....quite bad, was swollen and cannot wear my pretty sandals....:(

camomile

i have blocked ears too, twice! didn't think it was due to pregnancy. now i realise it is!!

both times happen while i was talking to the same colleauge...so qiao..

austrina

austrina babe~~ how often do you experience that? If its once in a while, should be fine. I will chew something to make the "blocked" feeling go away~

if its so often and painful somemore, advisable to see a doctor or to highlight to your gynae, perhaps it due to water retention or something?

i do experience it once in a while but after i chew a sweet it goes away. I was quite bloated and has water retention problem at the feet area when i was pregnant....quite bad, was swollen and cannot wear my pretty sandals....:(
i xp it everyday... esp when i send my DD 2 sch den when i walk home e blocked ear is so blocked dat i almost blacked out! & my ears feel warm 2 when e black out is abt 2 happen... sigh
i need 2 ask my doc when i visit him on mon... v disturbin sign...

CanCanMum

i xp it everyday... esp when i send my dear daughter 2 sch then when i walk home e blocked ear is so blocked dat i almost blacked out! & my ears feel warm 2 when e black out is about 2 happen... sigh
i need 2 ask my doc when i visit him on mon... very disturbin sign...
mebbe is water retention laa

see a doc beta to clarify~~~

*pat pat*

dun worry its fine~~:tlaugh:

Jane Chow

*sigh* hope so ... itz quite uncomfortable 2 have a ear blocked...
I also have blocked ears problem during my pregancy in 3rd trimester....it can be so bad that I feel very dizzy...i realise that if my hubby massage my neck and shoulder...the problem seems to be better..maybe you can try this method to relieve yr uncomfort

austrina

I also have blocked ears problem during my pregancy in 3rd trimester....it can be so bad that I feel very dizzy...i realise that if my hubby massage my neck and shoulder...the problem seems to be better..maybe you can try this method to relieve your uncomfort
will ask DH 2 do dat 4 me when hez home... *smile*
hope my right ear will b unblock...

iwan2noe

Hmm, so far i didnt face blocked ears problem until now of my pregnancy. I am in my 17th wks reaching 18th weeks.

*Pray that I wont experience this problem.*

Hmm, i think another way to solve block ear is to try yawning? Can try.. it works for me each time my ears are blocked aftermy shower:err:

WinnieL

i have blocked ears every now and then, usually on my left side. and then when i speak, i hear echo. hate the feeling. but i usually chew on something, and it goes away after a while.

hakisumi

i have blocked ears every now and then, usually on my left side. and then when i speak, i hear echo. hate the feeling. but i usually chew on something, and it goes away after a while.

i get it on my right.. hahaha.. sometimes got to 'blow' it, like wat we will when we sit aeroplane.. i always hear the 'toc, toc, toc' sound when chatting on the phone .. i tot is my phone spoil..